Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
We could go on forever with this one LOL
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
ive only ever had border collies but the three i have had ,have all been the same .very loyal and they have all be very close loveing dogs . i think its how you are with them ,if they have owner, who dosnt really ,talk to them or interact ,with them .they wont be as loyal and close ,to the owner
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I have had several breeds of dogs in my life . My latest is a miniature poodle and I can honestly say I have never had a dog more focused on me . She is not even that bothered about other dogs she just wants to be with me
definitly agree i have toy poodle's and of all the dog's i have ever had the poodle is the most loyal my 3 dog's doesn't matter were i am thay are bye my side ( or rather layer on my feet if i stand still ) my dog's dont bother about other dog's either i have had german sheperd's doberman's jackrusel's and border collies and can honestly say poodle's are the best and they love every one especialy my grandchildren thay are so placid never met a nasty one yet
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I would have to say my 2 staffies...they are my constance shadows.....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:37 PM
You don't need to ask me do ya!!! I'm totally with you on this one, it's gotta be the gsd! I can't do anything in this house without two pairs of beady eyes on me, sometimes just the one pair (Zena's), she never, ever takes them off me, either indoors or out, unless we're both asleep, but then knowing her as I do, she's probably still got them focused totally on me! Oh, what it is to be adored like this , but it would be nice to take a pee in private!!!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Ollie my GSP never leaves me nor takes his eyes off me when we're out. Whatever he's doing he has one beady eye on me.....or is it my pocket, the one with the tennis ball in it? Yup! He's not loyal, he just has OCD.
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
My lab is extremely loyal to people who give him what he wants!
When I was younger and he was worse behaved, my Dad used to walk him the most and I'd walk him some and always feed him and go to obedience and agility with him so he was reasonably loyal to both of us (not a glance at Mum xD).

Now however, my Dad has bad knees and can't walk him, so I've totally taken over everything with Jet and he completely ignores both of my parents and stalks me around like a furry shadow. So yeah, I don't think labs are so much loyal as they are sticking to the person who gives them the most of what they love (ie: foooood)!

Personally I agree that it's down to the individual dog and a lot of rescues I think are very loyal as they appreciate the love more. My friend has an ex-breeding border terrier rescued from a puppy farm and she is the most loyal dog I've ever seen.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 03:59 AM
The border collies I know are pretty much velcro dogs and the BC/Golden retriever mix I have won't leave my side on walks.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I've only ever had terriers but they have been very loyal.

When I had my Cairn terriers my Mum was in hospital so I gave my friend a key so she would walk them in the afternoon when I went to visit my Mum. Rusty got outside the house with my friend and dug his feet down and wouldn't move! My friend dragged him to the corner of the street then felt cruel and took him back! (you'r not my owner!)

Parker, my Kerry Blue terrier is a dog that I would have thought was only loyal if you had food (like someone said about their Lab) but one morning when I put the dog's feeding bowls down for their breakfast I walked into the garden and got a spider on my head that was on the washing line! I screamed and screamed and Parker immediately left his food and came out and stood next to me whilst I composed myself! I was surprised as he loves his grub-he now has a new name- "Noble Parker"!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:43 AM
hi
i do not think it is down to the breed,but the individual dog,every sibe expert will tell you...sibes are not a one person dog,love everyone not just one person.....then along came Kaos
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >