View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:00 PM
What a scare for you. Really hope it's just a one off for the poor chap.

Helen
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Sorry I missed this H, I've been out all day.

I'm pleased he seems ok in himself, enjoying his food etc., but what a worry for you.

Please send him an extra gentle hug from me and Hen xxx
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Just saw this and want to wish you well for such a worrying time.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh, Helena I have only just seen this hope his improvement continues, sending lots of woofs, hugs and licks from this end, to George of course, nothing worse than getting licked by dogs you don't know, ehh! Luv. Gayle. Xx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Helena

Our dog Lulu just keeled over about 6 mths ago on the way back from a walk-her legs just seemed to give in.Alan-my O.H had to come and carry her home-luckily we were only a few door away from our house.
The vet said it was a "little blip" in the brain-like a mini stroke.She was fine afterwards and her normal self
Sadly we lost her at the end of January but the vet didnt connect her death with what happened.

Will be thinking of you both-its so worrying especially when they get older.
Big hugs to you.
Our other dog,Buster who has dementia,poor soul,sends a hug to Georgie.
Maureen
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
What a fright he gave you,sending gentle hugs for Georgie and you too xx
Thanks Sal, it certainly was a fright, never seen anything like it, especially in a dog who has never shown any problems with his rear end let alone all four legs!

Originally Posted by Helen View Post
What a scare for you. Really hope it's just a one off for the poor chap.

Helen
So do I helen, thanks.

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Sorry I missed this H, I've been out all day.

I'm pleased he seems ok in himself, enjoying his food etc., but what a worry for you.

Please send him an extra gentle hug from me and Hen xxx
Thanks Sheree, he's had his hug, as always!xxx

Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Just saw this and want to wish you well for such a worrying time.
Thanks Rolosmum, I know he's old, but he's been doing so well lately, it came as a shock if I'm honest.

Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
Oh, Helena I have only just seen this hope his improvement continues, sending lots of woofs, hugs and licks from this end, to George of course, nothing worse than getting licked by dogs you don't know, ehh! Luv. Gayle. Xx
Lol, no there isn't! thanks footsie, he's been fine for the rest of the day and he's certainly not suffering with the heat yet, but I'm keeping him nice and cool indoors or in the shade.xxx

Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Helena

Our dog Lulu just keeled over about 6 mths ago on the way back from a walk-her legs just seemed to give in.Alan-my O.H had to come and carry her home-luckily we were only a few door away from our house.
The vet said it was a "little blip" in the brain-like a mini stroke.She was fine afterwards and her normal self
Sadly we lost her at the end of January but the vet didnt connect her death with what happened.

Will be thinking of you both-its so worrying especially when they get older.
Big hugs to you.
Our other dog,Buster who has dementia,poor soul,sends a hug to Georgie.
Maureen
OMG Maureen that must have been scarey if you were out with Lulu when this happened to her like that I think I have to thank my guardian angel here, that he never got as far as our walk today maybe He jumps straight into the car no problems, even when he's had his walk, so this was quite a shock to see all four legs splayed out like that with him flat on his belly poor boy. That's just what I was thinking, a mini stroke, coz it reminded me of what my old mum said everytime she fell over (which was quite often in the end!) and she had those mini strokes. I'm actually seeing the vet again in another week's time, so maybe he should get a big health check. He's had his heart checked etc. only a month ago, and I've seen the same vet each fortnight for his skin problems, and even he said what a fit and healthy old fella he was as he raced out of his surgery! I do hope this won't be the end for him, I just couldn't bear it, he's such a great big part of my family is old Georgie, but I won't think about that. Thanks for that info and so sorry you lost her in the end.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi H only just logged on and seen this.
Glad to hear that Georgie is a bit better now, hope he stays that way and doesn't do anything to frighten you again.
Hugs to you both x
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:54 PM
hope he is ok sending lots of good vibes your way x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks Jen. Can this kind of thing happen if he's had a little mini stroke (same as in humans)? He did look a bit "out of it" for a few seconds too, but I thought it was the shock of him collapsing like that, but maybe it was a little stroke. Would a vet be able to tell if he had, or would it mean an mri? I wish that vet would ring me back! Grrrr!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Jen. Can this kind of thing happen if he's had a little mini stroke (same as in humans)? He did look a bit "out of it" for a few seconds too, but I thought it was the shock of him collapsing like that, but maybe it was a little stroke. Would a vet be able to tell if he had, or would it mean an mri? I wish that vet would ring me back! Grrrr!
I suppose it could be some sort of cerebral incident, I don't really know that much about dog health.
I wonder if it was the heat.
Let us know what the vet has to say.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >