View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I do, but for the first jab only which the breeder had done you see, and I forgot to take it with me this morning being in such a rush to change the appt. to today Now I seem to be taking over this thread sorry folks!

Anyways, just rang her back and now I've been told the lady who does the ordering has gone home, but they think it's Fort Dodge, so I'll be off to look that up now then!!! Never heard of those, but I've heard of all the ones you mention Lucky!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Fort Dodge make Duramune.

Here are their contact details:

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Fort..._L/-32667.html

Here is the puppy shots info for Duramune:
http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Fort..._L/-32670.html

Dosage and administration
The vaccine is to be administered subcutaneously to dogs of the age of 6 weeks and older.
Aseptically reconstitute the contents of the freeze-dried vial using the liquid vaccine. Shake well before use. The entire contents of the reconstituted vial should be administered as a single dose.
Primary Vaccination
Pups 6-10 weeks of age:
The initial vaccination course consists of two vaccinations. The first vaccination should be given between 6-8 weeks of age and the second vaccination should be given from 10 weeks of age.
Pups of at least 10 weeks of age:
Two vaccinations should be given with an interval of 2-4 weeks between doses.
Booster Vaccination
Year 1 Annual booster - one dose of Duramune® DAPPi + L
Year 4 Booster - one dose of Duramune® DAPPi + L
For continued protection against canine parainfluenza and Leptospira an annual booster vaccination with one dose of Duramune® DAPPi + L or Duramune® PPi + L is recommended. The duration of protection of the CPI component has not been determined and an annual booster may not be sufficient if exposure to a high risk environment is expected.
Advice on Correct Administration
Syringes and needles should not have been sterilised chemically or be above ambient temperature. Do not use chemicals to disinfect or sterilise skin. Avoid the introduction of contamination during use. Sterile needles and syringes should be used for administration. Aseptic precautions should be observed.

For adenovirus, parvo and distemper, duration of immunity is at least three years:

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Fort..._L/-32669.html
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Fudge has had allergic reactions to his boosters and now I do not have him vaccinated anymore. He is 3 and his puppy shots were fine his first booster gave him a small reaction - swelling, breathing problems etc. The second one was much worse. The vet tried to say it was just the brand but I am not going to risk it anymore - it gets worse each time.

I know that smaller dogs can have bad reactions to boosters but I dont want to end up in the same way as the lady in the blog - so sad.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Looking at all these posts plus links of my own about these tragic cases, it would seem to me it's the booster's which appear to be the problem and not the initial puppy vacs? Considering most manufacturers now give 3 or even 5 years cover for initial vac's and the booster is only for lepto and KC anyways, I don't think I'm going to bother, I've been scared off now!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4