Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Breeding is not what it is cut out to be wether you have bred two pet dogs together or wether you have bred a show winning litter if it's done right the costs are still the same, sometimes many heartbreaking decisions have to made - you could well loose your bitch, you could also loose some puppies, sometimes you could loose all of them. Breeding a litter is something that should not be done just for the sake of it and anyone that does should be prepared to stand by future offspring. I have a little boy here (gorgeous little boy) who will need surgery when he's four months old to remove a lump from his neck (something I am worried sick over) the vet seems to think it may disapear before surgery is needed as it may have been an injury he sustained from 'mum' it seems to have shrank a bit but it hasn't gone so it looks likely that surgery looms for little Bubba, it will more than likely be costly to get him sorted out but I care more for my pups health than I do for the money spent on them. The questions have been asked 'Will I keep him' and the answer to that from the start has been his home his here and thats the way it should be, always. If you can't stand by your own - then don't breed it's that simple

Hi Nicci_l,
I really hope every thing turns out well for you and Bubba.
I'v got my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck x
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Please rewrite your post with adequate punctuation and grammar, as I don't want to a) try and second guess what it is you are trying to say, and b) waste half an hour doing so.
i dont know wich way you want to put it , but in my opinion i dont think breeding two dogs is classed as a byb,what other way would you like me to type it ,ok my grammer is bad ,but i think what a wrote is not to diffacult to understand
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by staffer View Post
i dont know wich way you want to put it , but in my opinion i dont think breeding two dogs is classed as a byb,what other way would you like me to type it ,ok my grammer is bad ,but i think what a wrote is not to diffacult to understand
Staffer,,,
I dont think that Azz was 'having a go',
I agree with Azz, what you wrote, was hard to understand. I would be just like Azz, I woundent of replyed to your post, because i couldent be sure of what you were saying.:smt017

Please dont get mad, we just wanted to understand what you had written!.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Whitaker1579 View Post
Staffer,,,
I dont think that Azz was 'having a go',
I agree with Azz, what you wrote, was hard to understand. I would be just like Azz, I woundent of replyed to your post, because i couldent be sure of what you were saying.:smt017

Please dont get mad, we just wanted to understand what you had written!.
sorry if ppl misunderstood my answer .but i hope yu all do know i was only saying in my opinion ppl who own 2 dogs and breed hem in my mind are not classed as byb thats all thanks
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Whitaker1579 View Post
Hi Nicci_l,
I really hope every thing turns out well for you and Bubba.
I'v got my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck x
Thank You, I'll keep all updated on his progress
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks fine,
I wasent trying to say that your opinion was wrong.
I was just saying that i dident understand your writting.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by staffer View Post
sorry if ppl misunderstood my answer .but i hope yu all do know i was only saying in my opinion ppl who own 2 dogs and breed hem in my mind are not classed as byb thats all thanks
They may not be byb - but they are irresponsible, take for instance my Aunt who has recently taken in a foster dog (A Rotty x Ridgeback and a real beaut of a dog) bred in the first place as her breeder wanted to make sure that their dog was fertile so they could use him at Stud
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Breeding is not what it is cut out to be wether you have bred two pet dogs together or wether you have bred a show winning litter if it's done right the costs are still the same, sometimes many heartbreaking decisions have to made - you could well loose your bitch, you could also loose some puppies, sometimes you could loose all of them. Breeding a litter is something that should not be done just for the sake of it and anyone that does should be prepared to stand by future offspring. I have a little boy here (gorgeous little boy) who will need surgery when he's four months old to remove a lump from his neck (something I am worried sick over) the vet seems to think it may disapear before surgery is needed as it may have been an injury he sustained from 'mum' it seems to have shrank a bit but it hasn't gone so it looks likely that surgery looms for little Bubba, it will more than likely be costly to get him sorted out but I care more for my pups health than I do for the money spent on them. The questions have been asked 'Will I keep him' and the answer to that from the start has been his home his here and thats the way it should be, always. If you can't stand by your own - then don't breed it's that simple
Hi Nicci_L
I just read you thread and agree with your comments and I sincerely hope your pup makes a full recovery. I know only too well the heartbreak that can be involved when breeding a litter. I nursed one pup for 11 days from my last (2nd) litter, I hand fed him several times a day as he was sometimes too weak to suckle. I had taken him to the vet so many times convinced there was something wrong with him and he was diagnosed with constipation, then they weren't sure what was wrong, one day he was fine, the next day he could barely hold up his head and his body swelled. At 11 days I had to say enough was enough as he was so far behind the other 7 pups in growth. I had him pts and a post mortem revealed he had a hole in his bladder so he would never have made it anyway. How I sobbed over that poor little mite. Apart from the cost of having a c-section, as the pups were 3 days overdue, I had the bitch scanned twice a day over those 3 days to check the pups heartbeats, she was on various medication, I also had the added expense of this poor pup to cover. Needless to say, I was out of pocket rather than making a fast buck as some people seem to think is the case. The irony is that the pup I kept has decided to hold onto his testicles, people make similar remarks to me, why would they think I would re-home him just because he can't be shown, he is a beautiful pup and I am proud to have bred him.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4