Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I feed my two raw meat. I always freeze it first then thaw it over night for feeding next day. The freezing kills any bacteria that may have been there I believe.
yup freeze will kill the nastys but its go to be deep freeze a bit colder than normal I think, think it applies to beef not so sure about chicken?
big rottie hugs to jess and takoda, hope there better soon.
My lot have gone a bit flat since the dark nights began, the change in seasons seems to bring them down and make them more prone to infection ( JMO) same with horses, good thing is they seem to settle by end of Dec, or is it when the first big freeze comes and kills the nasty's that lurk about?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi Kye how is Jess today , a bit better I hope . If she has been vomiting through the night I would be thinking of ringing the vet because she may need to have fluids given intravenously to prevent dehydration if she can't keep them down.

If she hasn't been sick I would start her on the starch mix, boiled rice and fish a tablespoon at time ever hour if it stays down..and boiled water with tiny bit of honey to drink.

Mys Forgot to say I hope Kodie is better today too..
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Sorry to hear of Jess and Kody, hope they feel better soon healing thoughts going your way guys xx
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone,

Jess was ok through the night, I slept very lightly, I was up checking her everytime she moved and apart from her tummy sounding very sore on a few occasions, bad rumbles, she was fine and hasnt been sick since.

She was at the vets this morning, goodness she didnt want to go into that surgery room, she is a powerful little thing, it was a fight between me and her to get her in there!

She had her tempriture taken and it has gone down (woohoo) but she isnt 100% yet, it is still higher than it should be.

She has had a long lasting antibiotic andis allowed to eat small amounts 5 times a day for a few days, with plenty of liquids, which she is more than happy about, she was pining for that food watching me prepare it and put it down, she ate it like a wolf too!

She has got some tablets to take 3 times a day, and has had her 1st one, I tried it wrapped in cheese, to no avail, so I ended up putting it down her throat, which she wasnt bothered about, as long as she got the peice of cheese in my hand... lol

She seems better, although I am worried still about her, as she hasnt been diagnosed yet.

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 01:49 PM
At least she had a fairly good night though, and is actually hungry too! When my dog feels better, she'll come and ask me for food, so that's always a good sign for me. Just have to wait now until those anti-biotics start working to clear up whatever it is she's got. Did the vet not say what he thought it was then? Is he thinking she's just eaten something or picked up a bug? I'm really hoping that's all it is. You can relax a bit now, she's well on the mend by the sounds of it. Good luck with her and I hope she isn't sick anymore after she's eaten - little and often is the key, just like the vet said, 5 times a day, don't be tempted to give her more just because she's starving, her system won't cope with it and she'll throw it all up again! All the best, I've really felt sorry for you with your Jess!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Thank you Helena,

I did speak to the vet about the sheep poo and Jess's diet and everything, he said that it may of been the sheep poo but cant be certain.

I am worried that it is Campyiobacter now with the phone call from Marcus's friend, yet the antibiotics seem to be making her better, thank goodness!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Glad to hear she is better Kye, they do worry you when they are so young.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Glad that Jess seems a little better, that's great news

Thanks mini he only had two scrambled eggs all day yesterday and some honey / water / yoghurt mix twice and has stopped being sick but now has liquid poop (poor boy) so I was up throughout the night with him for that. He is drinking well and at least not brining that back as soon as it gets down now. He is refusing rice totally, so I will have to find something else bland for today. He picked up a little bit yesterday and wagged his tail a time or two and moved about a bit more in general but he looks throughly fed up bless him.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Minihaha, Lynn, Loz and Mys,

I want to thank you all for the reccomendation of honey water, Jess loved it!

She drank 2 bowls full in the evening, all I had to worry about was her weeing all night, not under fluid intake! lol

She prefarred it to the glucose water, the only thing I jhave to worry about is her wanting it all the time now!

Cheers guys your support, and support from everyone, has meant alot to me...

Ps, Jess has most certainly got her appetite back, that and her naughty streak, we must have a almost fully recovered pup here! lol
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Glad to hear the little one is on the up... Must have been a big worry...

Great news
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >