Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
It has indeed and i wont be getting on in this one

But for Lunas Mama, i wouldnt say im a fan, but dont dislike the guy, i watch his program on occasions. I use some of his methods, but not because i saw them on the dog whisperer, i use them with a dog trainer who uses similar theory.
I have been made aware of a couple of episodes of the dog whisperer, which i dont agree with, but then have also on other programs like dog borstal.

I wasnt going to say, but i was brought tickets to see him on his uk tour, so il be interested to see the audience reaction to him there, as i know he divides the doggy nation.
I am sure he will go down well as not one anti that I know is willing to line his pockets with their hard earned cash
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I am sure he will go down well as not one anti that I know is willing to line his pockets with their hard earned cash
Your probably right, but i can honestly say i will be going there with an open mind and if theres a chance to ask questions, i will try to get myself in there and ask my question as on a previous thread about his tour.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Your probably right, but i can honestly say i will be going there with an open mind and if theres a chance to ask questions, i will try to get myself in there and ask my question as on a previous thread about his tour.
You have to pay extra to ask questions...those tickets were about90 quid a throw I think
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
You have to pay extra to ask questions...those tickets were about90 quid a throw I think
Oh, i dont know what tickets i have, i was only told about them a couple of days ago, as they were a gift from my employer and i dont get them until nearer the time, in March i think.
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
It has indeed and i wont be getting on in this one

But for Lunas Mama, i wouldnt say im a fan, but dont dislike the guy, i watch his program on occasions. I use some of his methods, but not because i saw them on the dog whisperer, i use them with a dog trainer who uses similar theory.
I have been made aware of a couple of episodes of the dog whisperer, which i dont agree with, but then have also on other programs like dog borstal.

I wasnt going to say, but i was brought tickets to see him on his uk tour, so il be interested to see the audience reaction to him there, as i know he divides the doggy nation.
This is the kind of post that are useful to Lunas Mama and anyone else intreasted, not spitting the sharp comments out like we normally see. I personally hate and hardly ever read the CM posts because they seem to end up in a sla**ing match and that is not my cup of T.

looking forward to having a look at the Dog Welfare Campaign site should be intreasting.

Each to there own i say!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by lakeland_lass View Post
This is the kind of post that are useful to Lunas Mama and anyone else intreasted, not spitting the sharp comments out like we normally see. I personally hate and hardly ever read the CM posts because they seem to end up in a sla**ing match and that is not my cup of T.

looking forward to having a look at the Dog Welfare Campaign site should be intreasting.

Each to there own i say!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvr8tQhJY4
And I won`t even comment.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvr8tQhJY4
And I won`t even comment.
You know I often say to watch CM with the sound down and watch what the dog is doing/trying ot say to him...but with that video I think you need to hear it.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Is this absolutely true, straight up? If so I am not surprised and he is even MORE down in my estimation, if that is even possible.
Same here but it all seems to slot into place, if he does use one. Have you ever gone Psssst! to your own dog? What was the reaction? I bet it didn't do anything to interrupt any behaviour. In fact mine does the opposite, he seems excited by the sound and usually play-barks or tries to chase the cat!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Same here but it all seems to slot into place, if he does use one. Have you ever gone Psssst! to your own dog? What was the reaction? I bet it didn't do anything to interrupt any behaviour. In fact mine does the opposite, he seems excited by the sound and usually play-barks or tries to chase the cat!
Cosmo wags his tail and becomes more muppet like than ever....he certainly isn't bothered by the sound at all. It doesn't interrupt anything...
Lunas_Mama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by lakeland_lass View Post

Each to there own i say!
Thank you, I agree, some things work and its not just CM whose done them i don't agree with all the things that he does, especially the shock collar but i also think there are some good points and tips every here and there. I know better then to try anything that would harm my pup, physically or mentally. Though now my eyes have been opened a bit more to look for the negative in CM's work.
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »