Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
quick note... there is no such thing as a qualified ht so if they say that they are lieing also getting into the water isnt everything,some dogs actually hate that mine included! but defo go and watch a few sessions without your lad and see what u think of them and bear in mind even the keenest swimmers may not like the first few sessions but usually learn to love it

http://www.canine-hydrotherapy.org/
Whilst you are, in strictness, correct, about the qualifications, I would expect standards maintained by the CHA for any hydrotherapy pool

http://www.canine-hydrotherapy.org/p...standards.html

and I would expect the hydrotherapist to be a member of this organisation so at least they would have basic physiology and anatomy knowledge, would be acting professionally, working under veterinary referral and keeping suitable records for each dog.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Whilst you are, in strictness, correct, about the qualifications, I would expect standards maintained by the CHA for any hydrotherapy pool

http://www.canine-hydrotherapy.org/p...standards.html

and I would expect the hydrotherapist to be a member of this organisation so at least they would have basic physiology and anatomy knowledge, would be acting professionally, working under veterinary referral and keeping suitable records for each dog.
erm yes thats why i linked the cha
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
erm yes thats why i linked the cha
Sorry, your link wouldn't work on my work computer & I didn't notice same address. The page I've linked to shows the requirements for CHA membership.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry i missed this post i have been so depressed for the past few days .
I am sooo pleased there are more people who dont give up on there dogs ,like you are amazing ,
my staffy had so many problems and i tried everything for her ,even got refferd to liverpool teaching hospital ,where they found a spinal problem ,she had many other problems ,but like you never gave up,she didnt make it and died christmas at such a young age .
I really admire people who care this much about there pets .he is truly lucky to have you
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Steph.. so sorry you are going through this too...no my boy doesn't walk with knuckled paws.. feet are quite normal... (except where he places them) if you place him on his knuckle he corrects
them..... I am sure you will be as obsessed as I am watching every step they take non stop,,hoping to see an improvement..dreading to see it worsening.... How was your little girl diagnosed..did she have a scan? I am sure mine is through a heavy blow so keep hoping it may not get any worse.... damage is done and will stay the same.. that's what I like to believe anyway because he is coping.
Hi Brophy,
I hope his condition, doesn't get any worse, dogs are amazingly adaptable, and learn to live with their disabilities,
Maisie's condition is degenerative, but because no one (neurologists, vets etc) have ever seen a pup like Maisie, they can't even say for certain.
At the moment I am working with a physio therapist, to come up with some leg splints for her, that hold her paws in the correct position, and help with her walking.
But really everything is taken day by day.
Maisie, like your boy, however is a happy little girl, she also can't walk to far, and tires easily,
Good luck with him
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4