register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: The Grand National - for or against it?
For 12 34.29%
Against 23 65.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Hello Ailsa.
Jockeys get hurt too, in fact very often its more so the jockeys. I dont subscribe to the "horses are made to do it" theory as they can and do refuse, I also dont liken horses to people and apply anthromorphic qualities to them.

I feel its silly to say we shouldnt do this and that, whats the world coming to when everything has to be banned, its a dreadful state of affairs.

I am actually a stout supporter of racing of both types, and also eventing, (NOT dressage) however cross country racing is not questioned, why is this? More riders and horses are injured or killed in this than anything else! The fences are solid and unforgiving, but like I say, its not questioned.
Dawn.

p.s I am 6ft.
Steeleye Span
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Sporting event...animal is injured...animal is destroyed...or abandoned if no longer able to make money for the sport's enthusiasts...

Grand National...

National Hunt Racing...

Flat Racing...

Greyhound Racing...

It's all the same really...The welfare of the animal comes a poor second to the making of money.

Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Accidents happen. If we continually look to ban everything that results in injury, and yes, sometimes death, we may as well all pack up and go now. It drives me insane.
Excally my thought.Humans and animals die prematurely all the time and if we banned anything which could cause harm-life would be very boring.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4