View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Praying for a rear end production pronto!
pancake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
Are they giving him GA just for an X-ray? That seems excessive...

Yes because of his heart murmur, with a GA they can reverse it with drugs if he starts having problems under the GA, you can't do that with a sedation so a GA is safer
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Ah, that makes sense. Still hoping for a normal production!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Yes because of his heart murmur, with a GA they can reverse it with drugs if he starts having problems under the GA, you can't do that with a sedation so a GA is safer
hi

sorry but your statement is a little mixed up.

they cannot reverse the g.a it is the sedation they can reverse.....that said the g.a is safer exp with a dog with a murmur you would not use the sedation.

hope all goes well
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Many thanks, our vet did say if he does well he should only be in overnight,

I'm starting to get the jitters about this now, the vet said that it would only show up on an xray if there was a blockage/partial blockage or gas build up, now considering he isn't blocked up, he is pooing normal amounts etc I'm not sure what putting him under GA is going to achieve? its a rock & a hard place situation, I'm concerned becasue of his heart murmur, they said if nothing was found on the xray they wouldn't operate so I feel a bit in limbo over this
Just to say when they exrayed Darwin to see where the hook was they only lightly sedate them I think.Then get your permission to operate if need be and put them under properly. Also Darwin has a grade 5 murmer and has since birth ,he is now 7 he has had to have various ops and has been fine,although I know it is a higher risk for them Still hoping this will sort itself out.
pancake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Well still no sign so unless a miracle happens tomorrow he is off to the vets monday AM
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh dear, he is running out of time isnt he!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
I just logged on to see if there was any news. I am now hoping that he produces something at the eleventh hour - if not, then I am sure that the vet will sort him out. You need something positive to happen so that you can stop worrying.
pancake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I just logged on to see if there was any news. I am now hoping that he produces something at the eleventh hour
Yes outside the vets tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally don't think its got past the stomach, I was looking on line last night & to get past the stomach it has to go through quite a small gap (duedenum sp?) to drop down into the small intestine, I just can't see a spatula being able to do that.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2011, 12:31 PM
My previous mutt, Oscar, swallowed 2 stones at 6 months old. We knew he'd done it so he was at the vets the day after (I worked there so he came in with me). Vet didn't believe there was anything in there as he was so bright and happy, til she x-rayed him and there they were.

Unfortunately Oscar didn't do so well after surgery and was in for about a week or so, lost 9kg in weight and was a poorly lad. He recovered eventually but the bill was over £2500 in the end.

A wee terrier who had a foreign body removed the day before that had been in there for a couple of weeks ended up with peritonitis and in the local big vet hospital. He recovered too in the end.

I hope the vet gets things sorted out for you and your dog is ok.

Take care

Ali x
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »