Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Not everyone in social housing are trouble makers, not everyone can get a mortgage, if everyone didn't buy their council houses there wouldn't have to build so many new ones.
I live in a rented property and I don't cause anyone any bother
No of course not Mandy and I hope I didn't say that. What I said was that 10% of the social housing are trouble makers. You are part of the 90% and I have always found these are the hard working decent people like you.

You can ask any social worker and they will tell you that 90% of their time is taken up with 10% of the people in social housing, of course that is a statistic that is never ever given out officially because we live in 'politically correct' times. But off the record that is what any social worker will tell you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
There's been lots of new builds in this area, quite a lot of it argued against and campaigns ect. Esp from the village next to us. But they lost out.
I suppose I shouldn't be worried, after all I will be dead before the problem gets really ugly, but at some point there is going to be nowhere else to build, when that happens they will have to go up or down meaning huge 500 storey blocks of flats in the air or huge communities living underground for most of their lives. That sounds like a science fiction horror film but if the population explosion continues for another 100 years it will be a reality.

Like I say, why should I care
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm lucky I suppose that in our area the housing association that we pay rent for are very adamant that they expect you to be decent, and look after our homes. I do agree though I can imagine being most upset if I owned a million pound house and had social housing neighbours at that price I'd expect a moat
I think I get worried sometimes that people tar everyone with the same brush. There was a time near us they built some new social housing and we had lots of bother with the new tenants as I think they put every un-desirable in there, but the police was there almost every day, so the council moved them out and cleaned the place up and there are now decent families living there. So I do understand
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I suppose I shouldn't be worried, after all I will be dead before the problem gets really ugly, but at some point there is going to be nowhere else to build, when that happens they will have to go up or down meaning huge 500 storey blocks of flats in the air or huge communities living underground for most of their lives. That sounds like a science fiction horror film but if the population explosion continues for another 100 years it will be a reality.

Like I say, why should I care
I agree, it does make me wonder where it will all end
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Who 's going to want to pay over a million to live next door to what could well be where the problem tenants end up
If the horses don't appear this year, Harvey, then I would be concerned that the field had been earmarked for something other than grazing land. They should be out round about now, all the horses around me (and there are a lot) are now in the summer grazing and the winter turn out closed off.
Well the dog next door has been barking non stop for 3 hours or more, went out about 10 mins ago to check on girls and put them to bed, and there's a light on in the back bedroom, so that means the daughters upstairs and the dogs being allowed to bark without anyone putting a stop to it. Bad enough its happening anyway, but when someones in, I'm going to have to say something I'm afraid
It's not fair is it, bet they'd soon moan if it was one of your girls.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
So far we've had the same house raided again and again for drugs, turned out they were growing cannabis in the upstairs of the takeaway on the corner (now closed) and a couple of council properties with furniture and all sorts dumped in the garden.
Well June I hope that somehow these can be sorted and your street is safe. I also hope it's not right next door to you. Bad enough having old grumpy face next door (We've got one of those as well incidentally) without an unofficial 'tip' next door.

I'm away now, if my 'man' from up North puts in an appearance tonight please tell him that I'm happy to welcome him into the firm, his very generous remunaration has been approved, and I will write to tell him how much it will be, I just have to find an old postage stamp to write the number on
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 10:28 PM
LOL Harvey, is it sovereigns your paying 'yer man' in then.
I have just been next door and knocked the living daylights out of the door knocker, little dog was on the window ledge barking and it high tailed it out of the room, no idea where it went, but its gone quiet. Honest, I am on the ball with the girls and they are not allowed to make any noise at all really, never mind carry on for hours at a time. I've got a right one at the back of me, had a run in with him a few months ago one morning, my girls apparently start barking the minute it goes dark and continue all night oh and he's calling the RSPCA because I don't look after them. I only wish someone neglected me quite so thoroughly I promptly made a visit to all of my neighbours to ensure that wasn't the case and I wasn't going mad, they all say they never hear my girls, kept a log for a month. This guy claims the girls keep him awake at night, how strange he is playing on his computer all night then (I watched) and the lights are on in the house all night, glowing like beacons. During the day all curtains are closed as they are sleeping, the bedroom lights goes off at about 6am. Poor little discoloured little dog they have either runs up and down the window ledge barking at passers by or lies on the upstairs window ledge. Oh and he works nights apparently, when I asked if he worked nights how he could hear them barking all night and how he was kept awake he promptly switched tactics onto calling the RSPCA They walk amongst us indeed
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Evening all - just a quick note by way of explanation - computer has died again and I have borrowed the Mem's to post this. Normal service will (I fervently hope) be resumed once I can get down the village and see Jenny my computer whizz. Goodnight all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 11:23 PM
LG poor Jenny spends most other time fixing your computer,time to purchase another one maybe? After all you do have a somewhat generous stipend coming in now from Mr Saintsbury
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 11:24 PM
That's rediculous TW, I can not think of dogs more looked after, think even our Rosie would happily move in with you
Joking aside, I wonder about people like that
Hope the neighbours dog stays quiet for the rest of the night
LG hope the computer can get sorted soon.
Right I will say goodnight to you all
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4