Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
right and where's your prob?

that you are even shocked about that crossing?

or do you believe that my dog is worth less than yours, only because she is a "bas*x*ard"?

I don't think so

well, I just love the character of the Pekinese (you can look up at here, at the "dog breeds" section)
but I never would like to have a "pure" one
as I got to know that breed already when I was a child, my aunt had one of those poor creatures

for example, last autumn me and my friend herded back home the heifers from the summer grazing, it was a walk of a few kilometers across fields and meadows
I kept her at a cord of about 15 metres
and she was running and impelling and herding the group of about ten heifers for all that long way

do you think, I had could do that with an pure Pekinese?
Malpeki i think some of what you are saying is preaching to the converted. Dogsey people feel free to correct me if i am speaking out of turn but NONE of the regular Dogsey people, including those that show, think any less of crossbreeds/mongrels per se or think that the looks of the animal should be above the temperament and health of their dogs. We are dog lovers here - we want happy healthy dogs. What people, including myself are struggling with, is the accusation that any show or anyone who shows is a heartless idiot who only cares about the looks of their dogs. It's simply not true.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Were the parents of your dog fully health tested ??? The GSD himself & all the dogs in his pedigree are & he has working qualifications to prove he is fit for function He isn't my ideal GSD as I prefer Grey workingline GSDs, but he is a healthy dog

Er how did you know your dog did not have HD was he/she X rayed ??? if not how did you know as I have had working bred BCs with HD & without X rays you could not tell !
I'm not sure but they told me
I only did see her parents and their "papers"
I just believed in what I could see and hear
yet, I didn't get disappointed and I did let her check at the vet as well
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Were the parents of your dog fully health tested ??? The GSD himself & all the dogs in his pedigree are & he has working qualifications to prove he is fit for function He isn't my ideal GSD as I prefer Grey workingline GSDs, but he is a healthy dog

Er how did you know your dog did not have HD was he/she X rayed ??? if not how did you know as I have had working bred BCs with HD & without X rays you could not tell !
actually for me, there was never a reason for getting him X rayed, as he never showed any symptoms of having a problem with that and he got 13 years old before he fell asleep in the everlasting sleep on its own by age
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 05:45 PM
actually for me, there was never a reason for getting him X rayed, as he never showed any symptoms of having a problem with that and he got 13 years old before he fell asleep in the everlasting sleep on its own by age
Well Hip & elbow scoring is the only way to know if a dog has either condition as many dogs never show any outward signs, just because a dog has no symptoms doesn't mean you can claim they did not have HD.

I have all my dogs health tested regardless of whether they are going to be bred from, worked or shown
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well we obviously see things differently, as I cant see anything terrible in any of the photos

Whats wrong with the ST Bernards ???
really you can't?

just look into the eyes of the first pic of that dog!
that should be okay?
that already hurts me by looking at them

and about the St Bernards, unfortunately I just can't find the pic of myself as a child with the St Bernard of my unkle, their yard dog
you would see the difference, I can promise you

but I guess, here I have to give up
as you just can't open the eyes of peoples who doesn't want to open them
petitsfilous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2013, 06:02 PM
really you can't?

just look into the eyes of the first pic of that dog!
that should be okay?
that already hurts me by looking at them

and about the St Bernards, unfortunately I just can't find the pic of myself as a child with the St Bernard of my unkle, their yard dog
you would see the difference, I can promise you

but I guess, here I have to give up
as you just can't open the eyes of peoples who doesn't want to open them
Since you didn't answer Malka's question asking you to identify the breed of the first dog, I'll tell you... It's a Dogue De Bordeaux. Google image the breed... You might be surprised to find they all look like that.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
How do you know what they are really like if you don't go and see one ?
good try but a cheap one
do you really believe, that you have to experience everything, before you can decide that you don't like that, or are being against of it?
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by petitsfilous View Post
Since you didn't answer Malka's question asking you to identify the breed of the first dog, I'll tell you... It's a Dogue De Bordeaux. Google image the breed... You might be surprised to find they all look like that.
sorry, missed Malkas post, there are so many attacking me

but okay, just had could be guessing as I do not know all breeds at all
but does the name of a breed change anything?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by petitsfilous View Post
I guess she did not answer because she did not know!

[Obviously never seen any of the wonderful pictures of Snakeman's gorgeous Dave ]
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I guess she did not answer because she did not know!

[Obviously never seen any of the wonderful pictures of Snakeman's gorgeous Dave ]
well, I did, but I never realized, that his Dave had the same "vanisher" eyes
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »