register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you thikning about getting another dog?
Got a dog - no intention of adding another 57 54.81%
Got a dog - not actively looking but if the right dog came along... 31 29.81%
Got a dog - actively looking for another 8 7.69%
Not got a dog - not actively looking but if the right dog came along... 2 1.92%
Not got a dog - actively looking for a dog 1 0.96%
Other? Please say in the thread! 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:58 AM
I have two dogs of my own plus regular foster dogs (currently have a whippet x terrier foster) and definitely don't want a third dog of my own!!

I can't afford a third dog (I can afford the every day stuff but can't afford insurance for a third dog or emergency vet bills), I would like to go away with the dogs from time to time and most places accept a maximum of two dogs. And I'm going to be downsizing to a small one bedroom flat (with garden) so my two dallies will be plenty!

However, if anyone is looking for a whippet x terrier...
bfetterman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I've got my pup and I do want another EVENTUALLY, but not until he is a model citizen. And with us living in an apartment, it wouldnt be fair to add another large breed dog into this environment. If we get a house next year though then the possibilities are endless....
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 05:10 PM
We have 2 atm, and i'd have another tomorrow if OH allowed it! It's not time for a 3rd really but we won't say no to a dog in need which is why we took in the lovely Collie who was going to be pts. We really wanted to keep him but we had bills to pay off etc and a good home came up for him anyway I would like to foster GSD's for a while then get another, but we have dogs come to stay with us when their owners are away, 2 wee ones come regularly and we had 5 here with the collie as well! Possibly have a lab coming on Saturday for 2 wks then a wee female maybe arriving within that time It's not a business of ours or anything, we live in a average/small house! We just attract animals! But yes I very much look forward to the day I get to bring home my WL GSD or CSV! Although no doubt some waif and stray will have taken that place by then!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 05:35 PM
i have 2 dogs, and i want another. i know what breed i want, and where i am getting her from, at the minute its just a case of when i can have her. i keep looking on the breeder's website for when litters are due, and i have spoke to the breeder as well. i have the money for another dog, insurance, food etc. but as nana isnt too keen on the breed, it will have to wait until i move out.

ETA i would also like another crested, either a hairless girl or black and white puff girl. i think 4 dogs would be my limit though.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 05:39 PM
I have 4 dogs, I'm not looking to add a 5th yet but plan to in quite a few years when I breed again myself.
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:48 PM
i wouldnt say im actively looking for a dog (don't own 1 currently). but i'm certainly keeping my ear to the ground for when the time is right and the right dog comes along
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2012, 09:35 PM
iv got 4 of my own,1 parttime,and room for 5 more,i rescue rehome and rehabilitate,4 is all im ALLOWED,to have.yes dear! my summers are full of dogs who come to stay while owners are on vaca,.there are 4 others who come to visit as well,neighbours.2cats,1 lizard,bears, deer,coyots,porkypines,and squirles...im in the zoo.
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Have 2 dogs and can't afford to add any more just yet, still like to window shop dogs up for adoption online
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 01:17 AM
I've got one and I'd like another but realistically I'd be irresponsible to actively start looking for dogs now. We just don't have the money to be able to comfortably care for one & cover any emergency vets bills
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I have three, I would like another, but probs will have to wait until Boyo is a little older
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >