View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 10:16 AM
aww LS sorry to hear he had more fits...must be worrying.Heres hoping it is down to something he ate or drank.....your vet sounds good though, waiting to explore everything before just medicating. Its all very well treating things but if it is an underlying problem I am sure you would rather know what it was.
Fingers crossed that today passes without any more fits
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 12:53 PM
What a terrible night you must have had Lucky, but glad he's sort of ok again this morning. What you are saying about the stream running alongside the farmer's fields, they have been spraying like mad around here in the last 2 weeks and even that nasty mole man has been up on our green again with his poison, so I'm avoiding the area like the plague. I do remember last time, when Cassie was very ill after our mole man had been putting poison down and he adamantly stated that no way was it poison because that would have affected the nervous system immediately? I suppose you have mentioned your fears to the vet about those fields? My vet also said, the trouble is nowadays, they are using so many new types of pestasides etc. on the land that the vets can't keep up with it all! I don't know what else to say Lucky, and I also think it was a good idea to ditch the food too, just in case, you must eliminate everything. Poor Loki, your beautiful baby, I hate to hear of him like this, let's hope your vet gets to the bottom of it with further tests. More big hugs for you and Loki, I know you must be devasted to see him like this.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Poor Loki, I hope its nothing serious and that he gets well soon, big hugs and licks from my lot.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2006, 10:03 PM
ls it could be heart related as well get them to do a scan or echo on him to rule that side of things out.
b had heart problems and fainted when her heart missed beats........ is there any pattern to it.time of day etc?
or like you said for brain disorders they need to do mri scans.
i hope loki is 100% soon and take care of yourself too.
it is horrible to see them fitting but they do come round out of it themselfs.
keep us informed.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 10:06 PM
i know this is slightly different, but when indie was having fits early january, they only lasted a few days and i never saw them again. *touch wood* . Although these were just her head shaking violently up and down and not a full body shake. Just as we were going to send her to royal vet college in London they just stopped. I did find honey helped, it kinda snapped her out of it.

hopefully its something you'll never see again.
please let us know how u get on, it must be so worrying for you!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Hope all has settled down! Has he had any more fits?
Thinking of you.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Poor loki how awful for you all ((hugs)) xxxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone for asking about Loki.

He seems to have been okay since, although quite clingy, subdued and tired. We have started to block off the stairs at night and I must admit I have only left the house without him once.

He had a bit of a strange 'turn' this evening. I gave him some of my fruit and he was okay then he got really clingy and affectionate then really anxious and started cuddling up and shaking. I thought he was about to have another seizure but he seemed to come out of it.

We did speak to the vet again today to ask if she had tested for low thyroid function - she hadn't but she said he was so bouncy and healthy looking she didn't think that would be the problem. She seems to want to believe it might have been something toxic and said again to see how things go before we start believing it is idiopathic epilepsy.

I'm glad she isn't just reaching for the drugs immediately
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 11:58 PM
So sorry to read about poor Loki
Me ,Kira and Benji are all keeping our fingers paws and everything else crossed that he is going to be ok ,and sending hugs too
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Fingers and paws crossed that everything's ok for your fur baby
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >