Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Blimey, she's 12!!

My eldest daughter has her tongue and eyebrow pierced and I had to go with her and sign a parental consent form because she was under 18.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 11:43 PM
my daughter had her eyebrow and bellybutton done but her eyebrow grew out and left her with a nasty scar
i think the age should be 18+

i love all my piercings and am getting another one hopefully this week
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:29 AM
I had my ears and belly done at 16. I hadn't had any piercings before then as you cant ride (compete anyway) with piercings in and I had to leave my belly bar in for about 6 months so that would have been no good!

I wouldn't have anything else done purely because my bellybutton hurt SO much and i dont do well with pain!lol A friend of mine told me tattoos hurt less than bellybutton piercings and i'd imagine thats true..
Also, the novelty wore off after about a year and i never have the belly bar in and very rarely have earrings in... I certainly regret having my bellybutton pierced as they leave a nasty scar and it seems pretty pointless now.

I certainly dont think you should be able to get things like bellybutton and tongue pierced before about 18.. Its awful when you see these little kids walking round with loads of piercings, i guess they think its 'cool'..
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 11:40 AM
I've got loads of scars from piercings that have ripped out, or grown out!
One in each ear, both eyebrows, lip, both nipples, top of navel! lol

Thats part of having them done though, if your having a needle stuck through you, and leaving a piece of metal in, you should know the implications!

Same when people have tattoos....why have them if you are going to regret them later!
I'm 22, but by the time I was 20, I had about 4 hours worth of tattoos done.
I planned them for years, and I am 100% I won't ever regret having them done, as they all mean something to me.
They aren't just pictures from a book in the shop.

Ohh Jackie, what you getting?
I'm getting another soon too!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:20 PM
hevvur i,m gonna get my bottom lip reopened
took it out a while back as i have quite a few facial ones and someone said something to my son and he got quite upset
so i thought i,d try to be a "normal mum" for once lol

now everyone including my son tell me to put them all back in cos i don,t look right without them lol
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 09:52 PM
awww!
lol

My boyfriend had to take his lip ring out - just started a new job that doesn't allow them

I'm lucky - i'm allowed them in my job!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 10:01 PM
thats a shame hevvur
will he put it in when he isn,t at work?
people always comment on the scar i have on my lip so i may as well have the hoop back in it lol

i,ve been told it hurts more to have it reopened
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 10:16 PM
He tried to put it back in today after work (4 hours), but it wouldn't go through
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 10:34 PM
wow it shut up that quick
bet he wasn,t impressed
metalmorphosis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Very true!

My friend (a body piercer) told me the reason most piercers use 18+ for most piercings is so if someone gets say, a genital piercing, they can't be 'done' for 'child abuse' or anything similar.
Yup that's right, I was also trained to have someone the same sex as the client in with them when getting such a piercing, so they can't claim harassment or anything...

Jenny as Hevvur said it's shop policy, not a legal requirement. Personally my rules were I wouldn't pierce kids' ears under 10 (roughly...it's hard to stipulate as kids are so different, but I WILL NOT use a gun, they are very dangerous, so it depends whether the child understands what is going to happen) Body piercings 16+ or I will do SOME piercings with parental consent, at 14+. Not navels...growth can affect it too much, and not tongues...I just don't think they are appropriate for a 14yr old kid, no matter what they say! I was getting pierced at 14 and I appreciate some teenagers are responsible enough to care for them properly. Nipple and genital 18+ no exceptions!

Oh...when I say with parental consent...parents and children need to show ID and in the case of adoptions etc I need to see proof. The amount of kids that would tell you to ring their parent was unreal...how the hell am I supposed to know that's really their parent?!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >