Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
If a corsage 'drags' that dress or top down (weight) you could wear it on your wrist.
I have been thinking of that too
That bl**dy ferry I hate it, still I won't be driving!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I have been thinking of that too
That bl**dy ferry I hate it, still I won't be driving!

I'm chuckling away here! Your posts about my old stamping ground always transport me right back there - it's the way you write about it!

Yep! First time I went on that ferry I thought 'how QUAINT' ... the first time! lol!

Can't tell you how many times I 'went the long way round' to avoid it in the years after that - but when I was doing my best not to be a spoilsport mum with 'young lurve' in the air - I just didn't have time to do anything other than get on the dratted thing! And as I recall it was about 3 quid a go in those days?

Needless to say - the 'other' parents were always too busy to be doing the taxi run and by the time the boyfriend learned to drive she'd dumped him! (I was then able to tell her that, after his appalling exam results - he had to resit almost everything - I'd always thought of him as DUDE - because he got D, U, D and E.) I'm a horrible mum really lol!

But then she did once tell another west country boyfriend of hers (Dartmouth again) that I said he reminded me of an ostrich as he didn't have much of a chin! She TOLD HIM! Gawd!

To get back to your outfit I really don't think you should even CONSIDER still looking. It looks great and, to be quite honest, I think you must have 'felt good' in it to have had the courage to put a photo of you wearing it on here.

I sometimes stupidly think that because I found something very quickly - there will be loads of better ones if I take more time to look around. But it is not always the case. I really do think that's the OUTFIT FOR YOU.

And I can see you wearing just the dress alone with a pair of flat sandals and swanning round Brixham Harbour on a balmy sunny evening - maybe listening to the odd jazz band down there. I love clothes you can 'dress up or down' and I think you've found something like that.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Lovely Jenny it's a nightmare finding clothes for a wedding when you are older, almost everything seems to be aimed at the younger generation.
I couldn't find anything nice to wear at my sons wedding unless I was prepared to spend hundreds of pounds and I wasn't.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Lovely Jenny it's a nightmare finding clothes for a wedding when you are older, almost everything seems to be aimed at the younger generation.
I couldn't find anything nice to wear at my sons wedding unless I was prepared to spend hundreds of pounds and I wasn't.
I felt like that about Dan's wedding last year - ended up with TWO dresses - the first I've never worn. I wasn't to know it would be more or less heatwave at end July in UK - but it was! So I went for the more 'sundressy' one I found first in M&S. My only regret now (having seen the photos) is that I had gone to the extra expense of getting at least a plain black lacey bolero to cover my upper arms lol! (The first dress had sleeves!) Oh and I was surprised how fat I looked in it (didn't look like that in M&S changing room mirror lol!) but that doesn't matter because those were things I thought 'afterwards' the important thing was that, on the day, I loved it, I felt good in it, it was comfortable and I didn't worry about it all so ... it was in fact JUST RIGHT!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Meg that had been just how I felt, pffttt I'm not spending THAT amount!

Tang you were a much better Mum that me! I used to drop mine at the passenger ferry!

The dress is all that you said. It does feel good, it is comfortable and I like it very much!
I shan't be looking anywhere else!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 11:08 PM
You look so lovely!! really suits you
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4