View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 04:49 PM
I agree Jen, it's like the end of a summer's day darn sarf isn't it ( to Debbie ), and I will have a wonderful red sunset over the top of the bare woodland tonight, which I'm looking forward to as I sit in my chair eating a snickers maybe.

Now just to put you straight DD, on exactly just how much rain we had last month, the wettest place around here was apparently Wadhurst I think the weatherman said which is not far up the road from me, and instead of the usual 70mm odd, it had 270mm!! That's a heck of a lot of rain, so don't even think about stealing any of our sunshine, not just yet anyway, we'll send it over if and when we get bored ok Am I right Jen?!!

Lynne, OMG I think you've cracked it here I keep saying about Zena wanting to sleep in the kitchen all night don't I, and how she only slopes back into bed around 5 am, so now all is clear, she's raiding that fridge isn't she I'm gonna have to put a lock on that. Always gotta be one step ahead of this dog of mine. Well done on that e-mail, it's always worth complaining to somebody about summat, cos you usually get a freebie.Do you really neeeeeed £5 worth of choklit though Lynne???!! Nah!

Lynn, hope you're resting up today. Haven't you got this glorious weather then, cos Zena's thick Julius harness dried to a crisp on my line today? I might wash some muddy winter jackets tomorrow if it's like this again, or even Dave's curtains, they look mank, but then it has been 2 years Life's too short lol!

Hi Moyra, hope you're ok as you're late today.

Bit thin on the ground today aren't we, even the whole of Dogsey is a bit quiet, must be the sunshine, everyone's out and about or in the garden. I won't be going that mad cos I've found this new gardener, he can do it when he's finished the fencing. I'm thinking of painting that hall ceiling tomorrow as I don't have any appointments after my morning walk, so I can get stuck in, with the front door open whilst Zena lays out on the terrace enjoying the sunshine. I know this is all pie in the sky cos it'll be chucking it down tomorrow I expect, 2 days of wall to wall sunshine has gone to my head here.

Off to do something, maybe a bit of ironing Maybe play with Zena
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Have had a lovely time on the river with Mabs and Keshi, they were just zooming backwards and forwards playing chase games. Unfortunately I found Definitive Evidence that I Am Not Alone going on there as I found a rope throw with a ball on buried in the riverbank, it wasn't there the other day so was Recent, and Not Ours either
I donated it to the girls and they resumed their game only this time with Keshi hanging onto the rope and dragging Mabs around who is a Lightweight, only weighing in at around 30kg, I MUST get Keshi weighed, last time was when she was 8 months and she was 28kg then, so not a clue what she is now, but a baby elephant x dumper truck must be pretty heavy surely at 16 months old, how time flies.
As we were coming off the river one of my neighbours with a staffy that is Not Friendly was coming onto the riverbank bit, so she made signs to me she was hiding round the corner whilst we made our escpae, Keshi was positive the dog would play with her and was bouncing around on her hind legs (which made her nearly as tall as me ) and shrieking her play bark. Rather than meet up with them coming back when I had Cariad with me (who is also Not Friendly to said dog) I took the girls onto the field and we played ball, Lona offlead and Cariad with a line on, and not a soul interrupted us, so managed all my shifts in comparative peace and happiness. Girls now flaked out in the yard after bones. All of them have been de-haired, but still loads to be had off them, Mabs looking pristine despite the fact she is moulting, she is so tidy that girl, no idea where it comes from, must be daddy, can't be anything to do with my side of it
Funny you should say about people stopping you Helena, same thing happened to me when out with Cariad and Lona, people stopping me to say how stunning they were, despite the lumps of hair hanging off them I may add.
Nigel The Gardener drove past me, so I waved him down and told him I needed Stuff Doing, I have him down for shifting the bed in That Room and taking it to the tip, then I can try and get the carpet cleaned and see if it is salvageable. I am then going to put my bed in there and buy myself a new one, because I Deserve It. He said he will be round soon.
Helena have you tried Zena on this
http://www.millieswolfheart.co.uk/
I have been looking at it because I have been thinking if I needed to get all 4 girlies in kennels, there would never be enough freezer space for all their meals, and someone was telling me about it, another one is this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/WOLFSBLUT-Tr.../dp/B008AUI7Z2
which I've heard good reports of as well.
Sorry to hear you're not well today Lynn, have you tried the Cold and Flu capsules from Asda, I had them when I had an horrendous cold a couple of years ago and they really worked and I felt human for a few hours, then you could feel them wearing off, so time for some more of them At least Dillon has calmed down somewhat from last year and he will be satisfied with a couple of games in the garden nowadays.
Elaine, my sympathies go out to you, girls have cobwebs too, and I need to do something about it, maybe tomorrow.
Lynne, I don't live far from you at all, so any surplus chocolate can be put On One Side for me please
Oh Gordon, those marshmallows mustn't have been done right for MS, perhaps a little more concentration on the Catering Side of things, rather than chasing the furry beasties in trees Tut tut, what is the world coming to when your poor lady is kept awake that way, and YOU blaming the poor puddy cat
Going a bit cooler now, but been a lovely day, the top door at the back is open still, and DD we are NOT wanting the rain back, America is a vast place and I'm sure it'll come in handy somewhere or other
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 05:17 PM
OK, you have all convinced me - I shall keep the rain for the rest of the week, then I will shift it down South to California where they are experiencing a drought!!

TW I am envious of your stable door, I sooooooooooooooooo want one in our kitchen, but because next year we are planning to move Mr M won't let me get one, maybe I will just buy it then he will have to fit it for me - won't he
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2014, 05:30 PM
I just bought a normal door and got them to saw it in half for me, I was having the utility sorted out at the time, so was quite easy to pop it on the Things I Want You To Do list
Very handy it is too, although I did break my rib leaning over it to pick something up, but thats because I'm a Nidiot
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Let me guess...

...the dogs' room?
You know me soooooooo well.....xx

My sister def got the cleaning gene

I most certainly didn't...

I now a have sparkling clean dog room, for a few days at least...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Now you're experienced with cobwebs and the like, be a love and pop over and do mine
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 05:44 PM
I asked Mr M if he could just chop my current door in half, but it is small glass panes top to bottom and he looked at me like I was 'nidiot!! seemed simple to me - I have lots of things I add to his to do list often

Well done Elaine so satisfying and the doglets love you all the more for it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Helena, I am here in the background but have been dosing off and on all day as I had a bad night am going to call it a day now. Have a good evening all. bye bye! xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Lovely weather here too Helena.
Anyone watching the sports relief top dog Jasmine Harman is on with her Bernese. I'm glued.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Hi guys

Bev, I love the pics of Lyla exploring and I bet she thinks she is the dogs cahonies now she thinks she saw off the big bully from down the road.

I've had a decent day at work, lots of woodwork and actually created a decent small drawer handle for the lassie who I am there to help. She was well chuffed with it and can't wait to get it onto the mirror frame and drawer she has made.

Was also in woodwork last as well helping a lad whose mother's life choices had left him as a midget with badly damaged arms and limited movement. He's fantastically clever and doesn't let it stop him. But things like woodwork, he can do the designs, he can write fine, can do the measuring and can do some of the stuff where he doesn't need fine movements. However, when it comes to chiselling and things he prefers me to do it. So the result was I got some chiselling done for him.

I am chilling for the moment while our pasta cooks. Brian is off out, so after dinner I'm doing a lesson plan for tomorrow night, then going to study a bit cause I really need to catch up.

However, that may be assisted along with an alcoholic ginger beer
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »