View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Ooh cakes & Jaffa cakes. You Norty girl Lynn. Mind you I did my shopping this morning & Morrisons were giving £10 off your shopping & 10p a litre off fuel if you have spent over £40 a week for the last month. Today I spent £37.50 so HAD to make it up to £40 with chocklit.
Gorgeous photos Rosebud Your view is ever changing isn't it A banana isn't quite as nice as a cream cake though.
Enjoy your weekend DD a nice walk with a friend sounds just the ticket.
Hope the car has passed its MOT Jenny & you've managed to get it back now.
I love your posts as well Gordon Hope the wallet didn't take too much of a bashing yesterday
OH's DIL saw the northern lights last night & they only live a few miles away from us. I didn't hear about them being visable till today
Just having a coffee before I get the sewing machine out. OH wants me to shorten some trousers for him He's only got short legs
Enjoy the rest of your Friday Peeps.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Bed changed, bedroom blitzed and drawers turned out
No treasures found but a bag of "too small" things packed for the charity shop

Who mentioned cream cakes?
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Ooh cakes & Jaffa cakes. You Norty girl Lynn. Mind you I did my shopping this morning & Morrisons were giving £10 off your shopping & 10p a litre off fuel if you have spent over £40 a week for the last month. Today I spent £37.50 so HAD to make it up to £40 with chocklit.
Gorgeous photos Rosebud Your view is ever changing isn't it A banana isn't quite as nice as a cream cake though.
Enjoy your weekend DD a nice walk with a friend sounds just the ticket.
Hope the car has passed its MOT Jenny & you've managed to get it back now.
I love your posts as well Gordon Hope the wallet didn't take too much of a bashing yesterday
OH's DIL saw the northern lights last night & they only live a few miles away from us. I didn't hear about them being visable till today
Just having a coffee before I get the sewing machine out. OH wants me to shorten some trousers for him He's only got short legs
Enjoy the rest of your Friday Peeps.
No but it is cold out there!

Oh look! A whole packet of double choc chip muffins I forgot I had...wow,,,

Just had an hour long power cut. must be the leprechauns water skiing on the cables again..
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Had a busy morning and most of the afternoon
Been up for shavings, chicken and tripe, shopping etc oh and a sack of carrots for the girlies as they love them and it costs as much for a sack of carrots as it does to buy a bag of them in Asda
Gordon where were you with your wallet when I needed you today, I had to pay for everything myself.
Sorry to hear about your little Princess and nice to know she survived the encounter. I know mine can play rough with little dogs, and they have no idea that is what they are doing, things that they do to each other and there is not even a mark to show, can do damage to small dogs, so I do try to keep us all well away from such encounters, but they do happen. My main problem being is that little dog runs up to big dog barking, depending on age of big dog, either it is an invite to play or an insult, either way they get grabbed and of course mayhem ensues.
Jenny, hope you got your car back by now, MOT passed without too much money having to be chucked at it.
How long is it going to take you both to sort out the mess you've been left by the flooding, surely the EA is liable to at least shift all the sh!t left lying about, its a health hazard at the very least. Thanks for ironing my sheets the other day, they were perfect
Need to go and drag a bale of shavings i that I've left outside the backgate, and make a cup of tea and sit down and ketchup as Malka would say.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Well my car was ready at 2 having had a service, passed its MOT and been cleaned ... poor devil who had to clean it
I put the crates back in which did take me some time and then too the boys out of Chobham Common where we didn't see another soul and they had a really good off lead blast. They've had their tea now and are both lying in front of the fire my OH has lit in our wood burner. All very cosy and warm while its chucking it down outside.

My nephew (over from Hon Kong)) went in to visit my Mum this morning and said she was such a sweetie but definitely deteriorated since he last saw her in the summer. He is a real giggler and I can just imagine he must have cried with laughter when apparently she put a spoonful of rice pudding in her tea and stirred it and then pointed at a photo of a duck and asked him if that was his brother You have to laugh about it afterwards though or you'd go mad

Lacey that is great news about your eldest and I don't blame her for not wanting to stay on her own.
Daisy I hope you had a lovely catch-up with your friend while you walked the dogs and enjoy your quiet weekend ahead
Gordon I too love your posts ... you have a great way with words ... you should write a book Your poor little dog but they don't learn do they. The trouble is a lot of the little dogs thing they are big and take on the world as well as any other dog Enjoy your Friday evening and keep posting
Lynne That's a good deal at Sainsbury at the moment. Our nearest one is only small and to be honest quite grubby so I tend to do most of my shopping at a huge Tesco near us. Lol to your comment about the length of your OH's legs .... if our OH's could read some of the stuff we write on here I think we'd all be single
June I think it will take us a few months at best to get back to how we were before the flooding. Such a pain in the a*se. There;s just not enough hours in the day or enough sun in the sky at present. Our new ensuite bathroom is on hold indefinitely as are our new carpets 'cos until we have shifted the silt there is no point in replacing them. Unfortunately the silt is our problem not the EA's and the silt on the grass although thick will soak in to the ground and make is exceedingly fertile. The grass will be better than it has been for years but then so will the weeds Sacks of carrots are so much better value .. I use to buy a sack of carrots, turnips, swedes etc etc when I had horses.
Due to the very damp weather we have moss growing at an alarming rate and as Flash will feast on it I'm keen to get rid of it off the steps down to garden and the path especially as its had river water soaked into it. If I pour diluted Jeyes Fluid on them which I believe is on of the few things that will kill moss and algae, how well do I have to wash it off. For instance should I then hose the area or will a few watering can's do the trick and is it safe for the dogs to walk on it once its been 'rinsed'?
Lynn You are sooooo naughty with your sweet tooth .... just like me Well done for doing all the shopping and what a pain that you forgot the yoghurt .... at least you remembered the shopping list which I did a few days ago I hope Gorden isn't back to late and you have a nice weekend

OH is making a curry for us tonight which I'm really looking forward to

See you all later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Had an hour resting my rib after putting 2 bales of shavings in Jackie and Andy's shed and dragging another one in from outside the back gate, I am trying to be good here, but I have stuff to do and I have to do it.
Jenny, you only need a spot Jeyes on each step, don't know if you have a Home Bargains https://www.homebargains.co.uk/
near to you, they sell something called Black Disinfectant, same as Jeyes only cheaper, and I make sure I hose it off thoroughly when I've used it. I never use it when I have puppies about either, just thin bleach (will that kill moss ) and pine disinfectant well rinsed off, make sure the boys don't walk in it till its dried off a bit because of the paw chewing, I think it may be the sort of stuff that could cause a reaction and you don't want to be rid of the moss at the expense of paw chewing, I don't know, if its not one thing its another
Glad to hear the MOT went well and you got the crates back in it OK
Bought 4 triple choc chip muffins for later, as its Corrie tonight, can't think what else is on though.
Hey ho I need to finish off clearing my bedroom out, I keep doing a bit at a time, can't believe the mess stuff gets in once you don't keep on top of it. Then again I chucked stuff in out of the way at Christmas, then when the puppies started being a bit more adventurous, then of course never got it all sorted out because of my rib, and its March tomorrow and not a pot washed.
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
is there an error code? If so,what does it say?
Hi yes its an error code and it wont go on line or open zipfiles.
keeps saying to reinstall irmon-dill or something. i gave up cos i was getting cross with it so took girls out now all tired wet and muddy will av another go later barrr
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi guys

Rosebud, friend of mine today says that when she stayed in Shetland sometimes the Northern Lights would sing to you. You could actually hear them making hissing noises and things. Astonishing! I'm really annoyed that I missed them last night

Ah well, today was decent, work was just the usual crack. Although I had zero patience for the kids in the first class I was in. Some of the girls are good but the boys are just little brats who have no sense of self control or discipline. The teacher doesn't help, he has no control over them. He's a nice bloke but my god he can't get them to settle down and behave.

Tonight, well went mad buying goodies, bought dog food and that was about it. Going to chill out tonight after I cook dinner, and watch TV. That is the extent of my plans.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 06:58 PM
The best display of Northern Lights I saw was when my Mum and I were flying over Greenland on the way to USA. The display was phenomenal and remains in my memory as though it was yesterday .... in fact it was actually about 40 years ago

Lore that's boys for you .... they are so different from girls but I have to admit their teacher clearly isn't very good!! I remember when I helped at my boys playgroup and the girls would play quietly with dolls and dressing up while the boys would race around making as much noise a possible
Sally I hope you are feeling better today.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Jenny re: Jeyes fluid - I dont know what effect it has on dogs, I was however told years ago by a vet that it can be fatal to cats. Apparently they don't need to injest it just walking through it is enough to bring about their demise, through osmosis. So it goes without saying that great care needs to be exercised. Hope this is of some little help. Bye fer now.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »