View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Clocks in the UK go forward 1 hour at 1am on the last Sunday in March, and back 1 hour at 2am on the last Sunday in October.

This year the dates are 30 March for clocks going forward one hour from GMT and 26 October for them going backward one hour to GMT.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi wee LYNN
Hung washing out too,nice and windy so if it stays dry it'll be great.Clothes pegs are the pits!! Mine just break in your hand,bought them cause they were lovely colours Is there such a thing as a great clothes peg?Would definitely invest in some of them.The garage lines were a godsend this year I have to say,especially for the jumpers..one of my better ideas.Could hang an elephant on them Not hard to know who put them up
Small and big bathroom needs attention...big bathroom needs gutted actually,looking dated and tired.Might bring that up at the next family meeting Doubt it will be heard but I can try
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
The clicks Lynne?
Stupid predictive text
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 12:28 PM
You click away LYNNE,everyone to their own Who are we to judge?
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Was lying here half asleep and POW,,,suddenly two stone of purring black fur creeps up on me. ....can only move in arm now and he is sucking my shoulder...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
The clicks Lynne?

MUST get out from this cat and go light the fire.... never was such a cat for enthusiastic affection...
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Nippy Jen, If he on statins he must not take them at the same time. I take the cholchicine in the morning and the statins at night. Also he needs ibuprofen to take the inflammation out. I would double up on the colchicine until the swelling has gone down. Once he gets shot of it they will stop it from coming back. If doctor suggests Tramadol for the pain I would not take it as they are opioid and very habit forming. When I was suffering with Gout I said I would rather give birth to quins than go through that again. Wish it better soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Yes Rose it was almost afternoon or was it afternoon ? I lose track of time to be honest. Never thought I would be saying that after a busy life with two boys a husband a mum who needed looking after.

Housework done and quilt cover on line with double the peg power lets hope that works.
Now sat in the conservatory with 2nd coffee listening to the chickens next door and everywhere else nearby where they live and Dillon finally given up and resting nearby.

Eileen I had some of those dolly pegs and here's a link for you because I just know you are not going to be old enough to remember them. They are pretty good but being wood rot but then the plastic ones become brittle and snap and the springs go.
I always found the dolly pegs better for holding the washing on the line.

http://sewing-online.com/crafts/toy_...Q#.Uw3mWL19TWw
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Yes Rose it was almost afternoon or was it afternoon ? I lose track of time to be honest. Never thought I would be saying that after a busy life with two boys a husband a mum who needed looking after.

Housework done and quilt cover on line with double the peg power lets hope that works.
Now sat in the conservatory with 2nd coffee listening to the chickens next door and everywhere else nearby where they live and Dillon finally given up and resting nearby.

Eileen I had some of those dolly pegs and here's a link for you because I just know you are not going to be old enough to remember them. They are pretty good but being wood rot but then the plastic ones become brittle and snap and the springs go.
I always found the dolly pegs better for holding the washing on the line.

http://sewing-online.com/crafts/toy_...Q#.Uw3mWL19TWw
So zonked on painkillers and anti nausea it is a wonder I know what day it is... Saturday?

Getting very little done but all are fed and the fire lit... wee dog is pushing it re not eating and gazing at me with those poor me bassett eyes...bouncy as ever thankfully

Rain and more rain ahead and a gale tonight just for a change.. it has to stop sometime and there has been sun this morning
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Afternoon all I read all of this before lunch, but I'm sorry I've now forgotten all of it, apart from Bryan's foot looks so very painful, Jenny was up early and out with the dogs like I was, Lynn's been busy picking up duvet covers which have blown off the line but I'm glad Dillon has now settled, Eileen probably vibrating or spinning, Rose is wearing the cat, Lynne's making typo's, and that's about it, oh yes, and cuddly toy lol!

I was up on the top before 7.30, gloriously sunny up there and best of all it was empty. I wanted to walk the other side of the car park today, so took another route, but when I got to that bit, I saw a bloke with 4 collies charging around, then lying down with him miles up ahead so I just couldn't risk it, so had to backtrack to do my normal route. Blimmin people Collies and gsd's are not a good mix I've found, both too hyper and collies don't like Zena. Hey ho, had a lovely walk and didn't see a soul on the normal bit I walk on.

Came home, petrol light was flashing, so had to get petrol before getting down to the seafront for my hair. The young girl who always does my colour is almost fully qualified now, she's nearly done her 2 years at college, so I might let her loose on the cutting of the back of it next time it needs a colour. She knows me so well, so I know she'll be extra careful and make a good job of it, she wouldn't want to get the wrath of H It's brilliant, brilliant, vibrant red apart from the dark brown roots around the parting, and in the sunshine it looks like I've coloured it with a beetroot, it's fab!

Got home and opened up all the doors, and Zena went out the back with her ball and started manically barking up at the top. I couldn't see anything, but she kept looking down to me through the kitchen window wondering why on earth I wasn't taking any notice. Sooooooo, out I went, only to find the neighbour behind me on top of his shed roof, so no wonder she was going ballistic up there. He's a very nice man and apologised for upsetting my dog but he needs to fix his shed roof, so we let him. We had a game of ball chucking on the lawn (if you can call it that with all the pee stains and mud), then I hosed her feet and dried them and got on with the hoovering.

Got a line of washing out early this morning and now it's almost dry (plus it stayed put!), so will finish that off in the tumble for 5 mins.

Did Zena's ear this morning, she actually liked me cleaning it and applying the ointment, BUT, by the time it gets to lunchtime, it's turned a bit red again, really don't understand that but I will carry on with the ointment. I have to go back and see him next Monday.

I've decided to go to the hospital tomorrow morning early for the blood test, cos the forecast is pretty grim, so hopefully, when I get back at 9 o'clock the rain might have gone and I will walk Zena before we go up to the vans. Either that, or maybe Dave might do it for me, but he doesn't really like walking her on her own cos of having to dodge all the loose dogs, and he can't run as fast as me in dire emergencies.

Seems like everyone is out and about enjoying this sunshine, it's very quiet in here, even Gordon's done a runner on us

Catch you all later then.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »