Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post

So I met this very nice man while walking my dog,and my dog became unwell,and couldnt carry him with 2 crutches,and as we were up in the hills,not a soul,was going to ditch my crutches,and crawl back home,he appeared,and though we had exchanged good mornings,never really had a conversation,it wasnt a good meeting,as I had just left a violent relationship,and was very wary,I think he sensed this and concentrated on the dog,gradually over a period of time we came friends and he started helping me,though I found it very difficult,because I wanted him to see me not as a disabled person but a vibrant woman. I was getting worse and he told me he just wanted to care for me,but as I am terminal,didnt want any thing permanent,and was worried about his family reaction,there reaction was negative,and y OH decided it would be best to move and make a new life.

l
Your OH sounds like a lovely man CR. Never mind what his family think as long as you two are happy together. (((hugs)))
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 08:12 PM
How exciting for you Bev. It will be lovely to have something to look forward to & you deserve it after all your troubles this year
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Evening all,

What a disappointing day. I had an email back from Strathclyde university, they don't do the PGDE in History through distance learning. They do part time learning which would necessitate going to Glasgow once a week. This will be extremely expensive in either fuel costs or train. Unless I find a mega rider going down that will come back up late on cause the classes are 'twilight' classes.

Aberdeen doesn't cover history either, it's residential or nothing. And not heard back from Glasgow yet.

So disappointed with that

Never mind, I am still trying to get decent marks and hoping for the best.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2013, 08:13 PM
I really think if they are ignoring my emails they are not going to be any more forthcoming if I phone them, so I am afraid I am going to have to leave it, and they gave me so many inklings that they were going to stay in touch just by some of the questions they asked and the general way the conversation went. This isn't the first time this has happened to me unfortunately and you just have to accept it, it flaming well hurts though I feel like I am not good enough for them or something
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Evening all, am just about to read back through the thread - should just about get it done before the next Corrie!

Such a glorious sunny day today, so rather than muck about with housework I poddled around outside doing tidying up sort of things as well as putting the pump back in the pond. After just a couple of months the water is looking a bit murky, but it will soon clear now that the filter is doing it's thing. The frogs are absent for the first time since we came here, and we all know why THAT is ....points finger at something with four legs and a stumpy tail. It's very sad in some ways, but at least we won't have the horrors and heartbreak of night after night of slaughter.

Will start reading back now!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi Dont know if you can see, but I have tried all sorts,as my mobility gets worse.I had a morning carer,but her list only allowed 15-20 mins,then I got a dog walker/helper,but she wasnt reliable.

So I met this very nice man while walking my dog,and my dog became unwell,and couldnt carry him with 2 crutches,and as we were up in the hills,not a soul,was going to ditch my crutches,and crawl back home,he appeared,and though we had exchanged good mornings,never really had a conversation,it wasnt a good meeting,as I had just left a violent relationship,and was very wary,I think he sensed this and concentrated on the dog,gradually over a period of time we came friends and he started helping me,though I found it very difficult,because I wanted him to see me not as a disabled person but a vibrant woman. I was getting worse and he told me he just wanted to care for me,but as I am terminal,didnt want any thing permanent,and was worried about his family reaction,there reaction was negative,and y OH decided it would be best to move and make a new life.

So what I am trying to say Malka,you never know what is around the corner,and I feel that Im extremely lucky to have met someone and be given a second chance especially as I was off men.

From your posts you are intelligent warm and have a sense of humour,so there is probably someone out there for you,just keep your mind and eyes open, because I know now,despite me being an absolute b**tch sometimes I do need someone,someone who isnt paid,but wants to be with me because he cares warts and all crystalgirl
Hi Crystal, Fate dealt you a good hand there, sounds like you have a very caring man to take care of you, and I'm sure you count your blessings for that every single day. Lovely story you gave us there.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I feel rather excited now. I have booked 2 weeks off work in August and Lily is booked into the greyhound kennels for 10 of those days, so for the first time in 18 years I can have a proper holiday.
We have planned to go to north Devon for a week but I thought if the weather is good and we are having fun we may decide to stay a couple more days, so just in case, I thought I would make sure I didn't have to panic that the kennels couldn't keep Lily any longer.

Now all I have to do is slim down so I don't look like Mr blobby in a swimsuit.

Roll on August I can't wait.
Hi Bev, Wooop Woooop to that!! 18 years without a holiday, that's about the same as me and Dave Mind you, my life is one long holiday nowadays, or it will be soon. North Devon is lovely, I've been to Ilfracombe up there and it's very pretty and I remember the cream tea we had in a little countryside tea rooms. We couldn't belieeeeve how big the plate of scones was when she brought them out, and then we had the dilema of cream or jam first and then we thought we had to eat the lot, and couldn't move when we finished. It was only when we got the bill, we realised we got charged PER SCONE and we thought that was the whole thing for a fixed price Never forget that

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
June - Keshi clearly 'aint bovered'!!! Good luck and keep laughing You have to love her though, she is such a pretty girl

Helena - Tesco is the nearest food store to me so I am a frequent visitor there. However, their new ear-pieces drive me mad too - the wearers of these high-tech aids are very important people don't you know, the only trouble is they are so busy talking on them and cupping their hands over their ears and mouths that they don't seem to notice any of the shoppers requiring help/

See you all later.
Hi Jen, oh so they're in all the Tesco's now then, as I haven't been there for some time, and this is just a small(ish) one I went to today. I wonder what that's all about then, and he did think he was a very important man, far too important to deal with a helpless old lady or do the job he was put there to do! Won't be going back there then

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Your OH sounds like a lovely man CR. Never mind what his family think as long as you two are happy together. (((hugs)))
Hi Taffsmum, I totally agree with your comment to Crystal here.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Evening all,

What a disappointing day. I had an email back from Strathclyde university, they don't do the PGDE in History through distance learning. They do part time learning which would necessitate going to Glasgow once a week. This will be extremely expensive in either fuel costs or train. Unless I find a mega rider going down that will come back up late on cause the classes are 'twilight' classes.

Aberdeen doesn't cover history either, it's residential or nothing. And not heard back from Glasgow yet.

So disappointed with that

Never mind, I am still trying to get decent marks and hoping for the best.
Hi Lorraine, oh, that's very disappointing for you I'm sure there's a way out to get what you want, you've certainly not slacked in the revision stakes have you, and I'm sure you will get rewarded somewhere for it all. Good luck.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I really think if they are ignoring my emails they are not going to be any more forthcoming if I phone them, so I am afraid I am going to have to leave it, and they gave me so many inklings that they were going to stay in touch just by some of the questions they asked and the general way the conversation went. This isn't the first time this has happened to me unfortunately and you just have to accept it, it flaming well hurts though I feel like I am not good enough for them or something
Very strange isn't it June, you'd think like I was, that they'd be so over the moon they'd be pestering you with constant updates and pics. There's nowt as strange as folk June and don't take it personally, as Dave said before, some people just get what they want and s*d you kind of attitude don't they! She is also the one you bonded with most (apart from Ash who seems to have taken over your heart along with Keshi) and it would be so nice to have heard something. (((((((((hugs))))))))), they're busy people perhaps, and they just don't think!

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening all, am just about to read back through the thread - should just about get it done before the next Corrie!

Such a glorious sunny day today, so rather than muck about with housework I poddled around outside doing tidying up sort of things as well as putting the pump back in the pond. After just a couple of months the water is looking a bit murky, but it will soon clear now that the filter is doing it's thing. The frogs are absent for the first time since we came here, and we all know why THAT is ....points finger at something with four legs and a stumpy tail. It's very sad in some ways, but at least we won't have the horrors and heartbreak of night after night of slaughter.

Will start reading back now!
Evening old bean and by the time I got to you Corrie has started again and I want to watch it, so I'll just say a quick "hi" glad you've had a lovely sunny day to deal with the pond and I'll be back later to chat more, otherwise you'll think I've gone off ya!!!! As if!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
thought I'd go through the do it yourself bit. Half way through, she keeps telling me "unexpected item in bagging area, please remove item", so I do, then she's happy, and then she wants it back IN there Drove me nuts, and the guy who was supposed to be helping us out with shutting her up, was busy on the phone.
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Tesco is the nearest food store to me so I am a frequent visitor there. However, their new ear-pieces drive me mad too - the wearers of these high-tech aids are very important people don't you know, the only trouble is they are so busy talking on them and cupping their hands over their ears and mouths that they don't seem to notice any of the shoppers requiring help/
When they started to introduce these new 'self service' check outs I made a point of watching what went on and how people managed and I can honestly say that I never saw one single person who did not have any problems and I still haven't and as you both say the guys who are supposed to help you are always busy on something else.

I won't go near them, I'd rather walk up and down and find a checkout person who looks friendly and knows what they are doing and preferably femail and que as long as it takes (Usually only a minute or two as I pick my visiting times carefully)
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Evening all It's been a lovely day here Dried my washing lovely

Luke went for his ICT course despite been told he didn't need to attend 2 weeks ago,his job coach told him last week she would sort it out,tried all day Friday to get some sense out of them and he was told he should attend,so he turns up this morning like the letter stated and he was told it doesn't start till tomorrow
This is 3 times now since christmas he has been sent to appointments which have either been cancelled and they haven't let him know or the person concerned doesn't turn up and todays comedy show,he is going to tell his job coach next week how cheesed off he's becoming with it.
So he wasn't best pleased when he got back
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I know now,despite me being an absolute b**tch sometimes I do need someone,someone who isnt paid,but wants to be with me because he cares warts and all crystalgirl
Lucky for me that I do not need anyone like that, but how very nice for you. Enjoy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Have never liked Tesco ever since their store defectives hauled me in, emptied my trolley and perused every single item on my bill, my crime?? I had picked up the evening paper, the queue was that flaming long I had read it long before actually reaching the till, forgot and folded it neatly and put in my bag....... I had been at work all day, gone home, fed children, seen to horses, walked dogs and was then in Tesco, and they had the brass neck to tell me never to shop in Tesco ever again - as if I'd want to. The other store defective actually apologised to me and said if it had been them they wouldn't have taken the same action. So I have always secretly something dreadful would happen to the company, so this is music to my ears.
The way I deal with the 'unexpected item in bagging area' is that I check the item is actually on the list, if it is I put it back in the trolley, and carry on. At the end I pay and peruse the receipt EXTREMELY CAREFULLY (I still remember the Tesco incident to this day) and make sure the 'unexpected items' are in fact showing and have been paid for, I then put my bagged shopping add the 'unexpected items' in my trolley, make sure I have the receipt and head for home. I don't use the manned checkouts because without fail I get asked if I want a paid or free bag, now I use the bags as rubbish bags when I am cleaning kennels and yard, but I don't want an argument with them over it, and the automated checkouts never ask and never argue - apart from 'unexpected item in bagging area' of course
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >