register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Bitch or dog?
Bitch 12 38.71%
Dog 19 61.29%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum
I've always had dogs cause all the bitches that I've met are too grumbly for my liking.
This is why i connect with them so well
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 04:57 PM
I have one of each and love them both
But I do tend to prefer Bitches they look less rude too I guess it can be embarassing when a dogs erhm hangs out in front of visitors or the Kids ops:
but since Benji had the snip he is a lot less rude and the only one who humps since then is Kira ,only on Benji a few times when they have been playing so far
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 05:31 PM
I've got 2 bitches and a dog I really have to say
I prefer dogs over bitches. Don't get me wrong, Ilove all of mine, and my next dog will be a bitch. Its just I've found my dog to be muuuuuuch more loving than either of the bitches, and is much more accepting of taking a cuddle on my terms. Its the same with all of the dogs I've know, with only 2-3 exceptions Then you've got less mess, less hormonal grumpiness, and less snootyness. I don't really care about the times when he uhmmmmmmmm hangs out, and he does mount but as he's only pushing 10 months I think thats normal. And anyway one of my bitches is terrible about mounting And rubbing his belly doesn't bother me, took some accomadating to in the first few weeks You just avoid the "bits"

I pleaded and pleaded with my mum, as she prefers bitches and me dogs Took me 3 weeks, and the breeder on my side to get her to relent
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2004, 05:55 PM
I prefer dogs, probably because I grew well into my teens with one (a Border Collie, of course ). Later, our family had bitches (Cockers) and, though I loved them, too, there were times when local heat-seeking dogs crowded round our gate like paparazzi!

I might consider a BC bitch when the dreaded "replacement time" comes, but the plans, such as they are, are for another BC dog.

I have noticed sometimes that when two bitches take a dislike to each other, they forget rarely and will resume loggerheads if given a chance. My two Boys may have the occasional squabble, but once it's over, it's over.

Snorri
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Bitches are like elephants, they never forget!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Gems
Bitches are like elephants, they never forget!!!
I've met a few women like that, too My mother and one of my sisters spring to mind......

I haven't noticed dogs being slower on the uptake than bitches, but then, mine are BCs, and consequently as sharp as tacks!

Snorri
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2004, 06:20 PM
i think that depends on the breed,
boxers are the same to me i didn't notice any difference between mine,but leo's well i have yet to find that out.
i have been told the bitches are easy compared to the dogs but then again i would think it depends on the dog more than the sex.
what they are like and how easy they are to get them to focus etc.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 06:28 PM
I canīt answer witch one Iīll prefer.

I donīt think bitches in general are easier to train. You just have other issues with them.
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 06:29 PM
bitches, although jazz came into season yesterday so i could be easily persueded to change my mind

*ems goes off to mop the floor again
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 06:39 PM
ems goes off to mop the floor again
tell me about it
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >