View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
beth15478
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Ok, here goes. Let's see if I got it right first time!

maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 10:13 PM
He is gorgeous, he looks like a real bundle of fun! You must be counting the days until you can bring him home.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Aaaawww what a gorgeous little fella

Sounds like you already have had some really good advice from the dogsey gang ...........apart from Labman of course who i wouldn't let within a million miles of mine or any other dog
So i wish you many many hours of fun with your pup enjoy cos it goes past so quickly

Love Jann
xxxxx
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2009, 01:03 AM
The inmates are very much in charge of that asylum and are making great progress here. I am free to go back there, but will not be a part of a site with an idiot for a moderator.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Jackbox, you are the biggest hypocrite on the net, far worse than me at what you accuse me of. It is a real shame so many of those that know anything have tired arguing and abandoned the internet.

20 years ago, I too was an average dog owner clueless abou thow little I knew. You and many others here will never know much about dogs unless you lose your arrogance.
I have news for yoy, you still are clueless

Originally Posted by beth15478 View Post
Ok, here goes. Let's see if I got it right first time!

Cute pup, enjoy!!!!!!!!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 10:58 AM
lots of very good advice, mostly from this side of the water
so I'm not adding to it, but would like to say what a cutie!!

Most of all enjoy him, it passes so quickly and I just love puppies!!!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:59 AM
The inmates are very much in charge of that asylum and are making great progress here. I am free to go back there, but will not be a part of a site with an idiot for a moderator.

Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I can't find it, but not too long ago there was a thread ''How do you know what you know'' or some such. It made it quite apparent most of the answers here come from a person with nothing beyond the limited experience any one person can have in a life time. Those born knowing all there is to know and no need for any training or reading a book.

And by the way, if you took time to read my profile or many of my posts, you would know I am far more than a dog walker.
I've read your profile and you are what we in the UK call a puppy walker (as in you have the puppies for the first year or so until they go into training). As it is you also say you've trained to intermediate level (10 commands) which means you're not that into training and you don't believe in positive training methods. Says it all really.

My husband has been a Guide Dog owner for 17 years and I can tell you that in the UK (and most of the rest of the world) Guide Dog schools class the american guide dog schools as poor in quality and method and producing dogs not fit for purpose so you bleeting on about the 'professionals' at your guide dog school doesn't carry much weight either.

I've read too many of your posts for my liking. Your methods are outdated and close on cruel. You say 20 years ago you were clueless about dogs. You still are. You really need to stop being so arrogant and into how wonderful you are and start learning from people who know a lot more than you do (incidentally, I do not claim to be an expert, however I know many people here know a lot more than me which is one of the things I love about this forum - there is always an expert on hand for advice when you need one).
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 07:31 PM
[quote=Labman;1821133] Starting with the advice on food. There is no evidence Wainrights or any of the other premium brands are better than Pedigree or any of the other common brands. It is all speculation about the ingredients. No consideration of actual results of feedign the food to dogs.

Do you want to believe an ordinary dog owner or a team of professionals that has been breeding 300-400 large breed puppies a year and following most of them through their whole life? I doubt Labrodork has 0.1% of the experience the dog guide school I raise puppies for does. At 12 weeks, they are almost old enough to cut back to 2 meals.
I am not promoting any particular dog food but any genuine 'professional' worth their salt would surely never underestimate the effect of food on a living body - oh, and of course that most definitely includes the ingredients, what the food consists of.

Of course, many dogs do very well on 'cheaper' brands, that is not the real issue. The issue is in the ingredients (or lack of) - there are ingredients in some foods that can cause problems, such as excess sodium chloride and artificial preservatives such as ethoxyquin, BHT and BHA. Also grains, in particular wheat, have been linked to skin problems in some dogs. Protein content can be important, the type of meat, or meat derivative ... etc.

My point is, you are what you eat, to coin a phrase. It is irresponsible, in fact naive, to suggest that ingredients don't matter.
beth15478
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Would you recommend a particular puppy food?
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >