View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 01:56 PM
So sorry to hear this Gerri but you shouldn't blame yourself. As someone else has said it is nature unfortunately.
I 'm sure it was very swift and that the buns are ow at peace.
{{{{hugs}}}} to you xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 03:48 PM
I totally agree with everyone else. You couldn't have done more to make those bunnies safe. I would have put money on Gracie not being able to get into their enclosure. No way is this anyone's fault, it is just an extremely sad, tragic accident.

Like I said to you, my sister must have finally wanted a couple of furbabies to keep her company.

Run free Cookie and Twix, so loved and so very deeply missed. xxxxxxxx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm ever so sorry to read about Twix and Cookie

For what it's worth, you seem like a lovely owner who certainly did her best to keep them safe and who also understands that what your dog did was instinct. It was just a very horrible accident - awful {{{hugs}}}

In case it helps, I've seen terriers kill small animals also seen bigger dogs kill an animal (my own dogs killed a squirrel once). Please don't think they suffered if they did go this way, because from what I saw, it was really over in a flash and so quick, there was no pain.

I hope that helps a little bit.

I understand how you feel a bit; I love small furries, guinea pigs are my "thing" so I do get how special they are.

Wys
xxx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Claire thats beutiful, it also reminds me (hope this isn't out of place) of when my cousin was around six, the family GSD had to be put to sleep and he was upset, sensing this is his friend who was around the same, age and whose dad had died a few years ago comforted him by telling him not to worry, as she had joined his dad in heaven, and his dad would look after her, take her for walks, and play with her, try listening to that without getting a lump in your throat.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you so much everyone. I've truly been touched by your kindness. I must admit, I hesitated before posting as I expected a few replies that were less than positive but Im genuinely blown away that no one has apportioned blame. Thank you. xxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Claire thats beutiful, it also reminds me (hope this isn't out of place) of when my cousin was around six, the family GSD had to be put to sleep and he was upset, sensing this is his friend who was around the same, age and whose dad had died a few years ago comforted him by telling him not to worry, as she had joined his dad in heaven, and his dad would look after her, take her for walks, and play with her, try listening to that without getting a lump in your throat.
That is beautiful too How wonderful for a child so young to have such wisdom xx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Beutiful, but brought tears to everyones eyes! Gerri if anyone was spiteful enough to even hint that this was your fault they would have the wrath of everyone half decent facing them! (and I don't think most are that stupid)
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Beutiful, but brought tears to everyones eyes! Gerri if anyone was spiteful enough to even hint that this was your fault they would have the wrath of everyone half decent facing them! (and I don't think most are that stupid)
I bet it did! Totally agree with that too. They would certainly have my wrath to face and believe me, that wouldn't be pretty!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Oh how awful for you. Im sorry. Its terrible that something you love is destroyed by another you love. You feel so torn.

Thank you for all your kind messages
Oh it is...I too blamed myself,but that's naturel ....I didn't even want to look at them (the dogs)

But I learned,grieved and moved on nature is cruel,the dogs had forgotten bout it so I guess we have to too xx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I just don't think many people would of sat back and allowed anyone to blame Gerri, and I think if they did all hell would break loose! As I doubt many see Gerri as a good person who loves her animals, Gerri you needn't of worried, as although things have happened here no ones petty enough to lay blame at your door, espcially when its clear how devastated you are.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >