Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
One day later, and I just cannot see that Jimmi will be back to normal in a week's time. The pad itself seems to be firmly attached which is wonderful news, but the sore wound inbetween the toes looks very far from scabbing over. I would take a picture, but he is snoring by the radiator so I won't disturb him.

In spite of the fact that I have cut his food rations quite considerably, he is looking podgy, and of course we cannot let him hurtle around the house or the garden, let alone go for a walk. Trying times.

(I think that I am talking to myself here........hey ho!)
.... what to do now then??? First thing to do is to draw the curtains or close the blinds, so that he cannot see that tempting bit of prey out there. That pad sounds good, but as you say, the wound between the toes doesn't. The problem you have there is, especially if it's being "honeyed" the environment is going to be wet and warm, not a good one for trying to dry something out is it. I wonder if you can put a piece of cotton wool pad (the pads not the sticky balls) inbetween those toes, so that the air has a chance to get to it? Must be driving you mad, and I certainly know what you mean about your back, I had so much of that when dealing with Georgie's skin problems, not to mention getting in that tiny shower with such a big boy and then having to bend over to bath him - not good memories!

Is he ok with the hairdryer? I wonder if you could set it on cold and blow some air between those toes???

I'm sure you'll think of something, poor little man, but at least that pad is getting there now.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks H - you can always be relied on for a sympathetic and helpful post.........good job, because the usual Dogsey support seems to have vanished; perhaps everyone is sick to death of Jimmi's paws

He no longer is having the honey treatment, that stopped when the bandage came off because the vet wanted the air to get to the wound - just as you and I would recommend! The wound IS healing, from the outside in, but it is going to be some time before it is completely better and given half a chance he would lick it like crazy. He doesn't get that chance, but it is flipping hard work!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Just caught this thread. Wishing Jimmi a very speedy recovery and hope that you can find a way to keep him away from his paw, it can be so difficult trying to keep them calm and quiet - how to explain it is for their own good?x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Just caught this thread. Wishing Jimmi a very speedy recovery and hope that you can find a way to keep him away from his paw, it can be so difficult trying to keep them calm and quiet - how to explain it is for their own good?x
Thank you. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we COULD explain!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 08:09 AM
How is Jimmi doing this morning? Fingers crossed he is leaving his paw alone.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
How is Jimmi doing this morning? Fingers crossed he is leaving his paw alone.
Thank you Majuka; the wound is now closing rapidly....the sore area is very tiny indeed and he does not seem to be that interested in it thank goodness! Still, the cone goes on when we cannot watch him, and the boot goes on when he wanders into the garden. I know that life would be so much easier if we just left him with his cone on for most of the time, but I just cannot bring myself to do that to him as he hates it so much.

Given the rate of healing now, it should only be a few more days with luck before we are back to normal. I really really hope that that is the case.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 06:00 PM
That is good news, hopefully he will forget about it completely as it continues to heal.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4