ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
hope islas okay...

y shouldyou have to walk at a differnt time bcause of some idiot

((hugs)))
I suggested this because it seemed a sensible way of avoiding the OP`s dog getting injured again. And I still don`t think that starting a physical fight with either an owner or a dog is going to do that. It`s very easy to get angry and say `wallop `em with a stick` but what then is to stop the other owner joining in? I know I`m not going to win in a physical fight with most people - or dogs come to that!
I don`t see that the suggestion is so bad - There are many places I wouldn`t go at certain times (railway station after football match, local night club at chucking-out time etc.) And I don`t take my dogs certain places at certain times because I know we`ll get aggro - though in our case it`s from trippers thinking the locals shouldn`t use the beach.
Anyway, I`m glad to hear the little dog is on the mend.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I suggested this because it seemed a sensible way of avoiding the OP`s dog getting injured again. And I still don`t think that starting a physical fight with either an owner or a dog is going to do that. It`s very easy to get angry and say `wallop `em with a stick` but what then is to stop the other owner joining in? I know I`m not going to win in a physical fight with most people - or dogs come to that!
I don`t see that the suggestion is so bad - There are many places I wouldn`t go at certain times (railway station after football match, local night club at chucking-out time etc.) And I don`t take my dogs certain places at certain times because I know we`ll get aggro - though in our case it`s from trippers thinking the locals shouldn`t use the beach.
I can understand the suggestion, but in this situation eg a country village location, it's not a case of people walking at particular times and places. There are acres and acres of open countryside with public footpaths left, right and centre. No one really walks at certain times in certain places. Especially this woman as she lives in a very, very large Lodge and doesn't appear to work if you get my drift!

Sadly poor Fatty Isla is far from on the mend and is crying out in pain everytime she attempts to stand up. I've just had to drag her out of her basket because she couldn't stand up. Thank God she's not a Great Dane is all I'm thinking right now!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear this Hun, hope you and Isla are oknow. This is something that happens to Skye, always Skye...sometimes I think she has a label on her that reads 'attack me'
Big (((((((hugs))))))))))) to Isla and you.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks hun, I'm surely she'll be fine once she gets to her pit ie my bed!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Awwww poor Isla,give her huge hugs from me too.Hope this woman gets made to keep her dog under control,personally I think she should be dished out a nice big juicy fine too,xxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:22 AM
awe so sorry to hear isla's injured, hope she mends quickly and you can sort out the problem of her being upset when loud people come towards her,
I just wish some people would stop and thing about not only there own dog but how there actions affect other dogs,
its all pretty basic stuff, but some people feel there dog is the only one concerned when something like that happens,
given what you say about the dog, her running shouting and rattling at the back of the dog, would most likely have seemed to the dog like she was urging it on,
bet she never though of that when filling her silly bottle up,
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
sorry i didnt mean to seem aggressive towards you or offend you

i wouldnt change the time i walk peraonslly - just avoid her lol

hope isla gets better soon
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks all. Isla appears to have made a miraculous recovery this morning and wasn't limping at all when she got up. That is until my Mother, in her ultimate wisdom ( ) decided to take Isla round the churchyard and lob sticks! She does have a slight limp now, so I'm thinking along the lines of a sprain rather than a bite from the dog.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe so sorry to hear isla's injured, hope she mends quickly and you can sort out the problem of her being upset when loud people come towards her,
I just wish some people would stop and thing about not only there own dog but how there actions affect other dogs,
its all pretty basic stuff, but some people feel there dog is the only one concerned when something like that happens,
given what you say about the dog, her running shouting and rattling at the back of the dog, would most likely have seemed to the dog like she was urging it on,
bet she never though of that when filling her silly bottle up,
Aye, that's probably right actually, it didn't half seem to get worked up pretty quickly!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Just another little update, the local PC has just paid a visit and I gave him my statement. He's going to keep the incident on file and have a word with the woman about keeping her dog on a lead and warn her about allowing it to be out of control in a public place.

Hopefully that'll make her think twice about letting it off lead, so fingers crossed I never have to deal with that dog again!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Really feel for you hope your dogs not too upset ,is it only recently that your dogs been attacked by all sorts ??i remembered a few years ago my friends dog came in for some of the same ,amd for no apparent reason ,she took him to the vet and as far as i can remember the vet said ,her dog wasnt actually ill but was letting off a smell of some sort that drove other dogs mad ,i know its not any help to you but just thought it was worth mentioning .by the way my friends dogs "smell" disappeared as mysteriously as it came ! good luck
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >