View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 09:20 AM
That rose is beautiful but I'm afraid it's outshone by your gorgeous daughter.
Becky
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
That rose is beautiful but I'm afraid it's outshone by your gorgeous daughter.
Becky
Thanks again Becky...Megan is a little love, I know mum would have adored her too
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. How fortunate you were, though, to have such a lovely mum and no doubt many beautiful memories. These will sustain you in your grief. And remember, we are always here any time you need to confide.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by maebme View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. How fortunate you were, though, to have such a lovely mum and no doubt many beautiful memories. These will sustain you in your grief. And remember, we are always here any time you need to confide.
Thank you, you guys fot me through this year XX
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Kath,
I do hope that having written such a lovely tribute to your Mum you will be able to 'move on' - Please don't go down the 'what if' route, in the situation you describe I can see the temptation so to do but it'll only hurt more. If she was anything like you she was a wonderful person and that's what you need to remember.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
please try hard not to be sad, remember the good times, i know how difficult it is.

I lost my mum 5 years ago to a brain tumour, she died on her 56th birthday. I still wish in my heart that she would just say hi and feel her lovely hugs one more time.

My daughter and son where 3 and 5 but i truely believe she watches over them and that gives me great comfort. Only a couple of years ago we were putting flowers down at the cemetry and my daughter stood and said "yes, and i love you too lots and lots" then laughed. When i asked her who she was talking to as no one was around. She told me nanny had just made her laugh and said she loved her. She was about 5 or 6 at the time. That memory makes me smile. I try to think of all the wonderful things she did and dismiss the negative memories of hospitals and her illness. My thoughts are with you!! We were both very lucky to have such wonderful mums.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Kath,
I do hope that having written such a lovely tribute to your Mum you will be able to 'move on' - Please don't go down the 'what if' route, in the situation you describe I can see the temptation so to do but it'll only hurt more. If she was anything like you she was a wonderful person and that's what you need to remember.
Thank you so much, mum was a truly lovely person XX

Originally Posted by shiba View Post
please try hard not to be sad, remember the good times, i know how difficult it is.

I lost my mum 5 years ago to a brain tumour, she died on her 56th birthday. I still wish in my heart that she would just say hi and feel her lovely hugs one more time.

My daughter and son where 3 and 5 but i truely believe she watches over them and that gives me great comfort. Only a couple of years ago we were putting flowers down at the cemetery and my daughter stood and said "yes, and i love you too lots and lots" then laughed. When i asked her who she was talking to as no one was around. She told me nanny had just made her laugh and said she loved her. She was about 5 or 6 at the time. That memory makes me smile. I try to think of all the wonderful things she did and dismiss the negative memories of hospitals and her illness. My thoughts are with you!! We were both very lucky to have such wonderful mums.
Awe thank you for taking the time to comfort me. I am so sorry for your loss that must have been so very hard. I used to always feel that mum was watching over us (loads of things seemed to happen to confirm this) and then it sort of went quiet until a few days ago when Megan came and sat by me got a piece of paper and started drawing ..she then passed it up to me and said this is your mummy and daddy and then you won't feel so sad and then said that she saw them watching us up in the stars???? She's only 3 and when we took the flowers up to the grave on 2nd. We let Fleur come with us, and she was perfectly happy sniffing about and so on, and then I spoke to mum and dad telling them that Megan was with me and so on and immediately Fleur's hackles went up she growling and just stared at the headstone. She was really spooked...there was no-one and nothing there to frighten her. All of these things have made me feel much happier and able to cope again (that is until they cart me off when somebody reads this)!
I really don't know but it is really comforting.
Thanks again XX
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
It's never easy losing a parent Time will heal sweetie.

Big hugs to you hun xxxxxxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Dear Kath, my heart goes out to you, having read your post this evening.. I hope by sharing the anniversary of your dear mum's passing with us all, has helped a little with the pain in which you are feeling. She was blessed to have such a special daughter, and she lives on in you. Sending you enormous hugs xxx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
It's never easy losing a parent Time will heal sweetie.

Big hugs to you hun xxxxxxxxx
Thank you...sorry for the late reply but I honestly thought that I'd already replied. XX

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Dear Kath, my heart goes out to you, having read your post this evening.. I hope by sharing the anniversary of your dear mum's passing with us all, has helped a little with the pain in which you are feeling. She was blessed to have such a special daughter, and she lives on in you. Sending you enormous hugs xxx
Thank you, You don't know just how much my dogsey 'family' have helped me through. I don't think I could have sank much lower before sharing my pain with you all...you've been terrific. XXX
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4