Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
you never know who to believe in these tragic cases. one paper says he was a responsible caring dog owner and the next paper says 'devil dogs'

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...month-tot.html
Trust the News Of The World to make such a headline grabbing statement.

Other reports have said they don't know the breed of dog involved. That last report I read, a neighbour said the dogs seemed nice and their children petted them, but he didn't know what type they were.

Then they come along and automatically they know it's a Mastiff and a Devil Dog. How typical!

Obviously, something went badly wrong here - but it galls me when they sensationalize these things just to sell more papers.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8627993.stm

Updated,it looks like the breed is an American Bulldog.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
so sad and tragic

will you PLEASE not bring me and jake into this!!! there is really no need to bring that into this at all!!
It was not bringing you into it stop over reacting for petes sake! I was using Runes own words to make a point than in HER words "Jake was being a dog" as this may be the case here. You need to take a chill pill!!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post

and placid now
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Trust the News Of The World to make such a headline grabbing statement.

Other reports have said they don't know the breed of dog involved. That last report I read, a neighbour said the dogs seemed nice and their children petted them, but he didn't know what type they were.

Then they come along and automatically they know it's a Mastiff and a Devil Dog. How typical!

Obviously, something went badly wrong here - but it galls me when they sensationalize these things just to sell more papers.
Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Well isn't that just typical of the NOTW to get it wrong - again!!! My point exactly!

Still, whatever the breed - my thoughts are with the family of the little girl. I cannot imagine in a thousand nightmares what they must be going through. Such a dreadful thing to have happened
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-04-2010, 03:29 PM
An update here:

Toddler mauled to death by her uncle's dog despite neighbours' battle to save her | Mail Online

Some points I found telling:

"Neighbours said Mr Ahmed, a mechanic, bred and sold dogs and described him as a 'responsible' owner who kept them in the garden0.

"The dogs live in a specially built shed in the garden and they are never allowed in the house. I heard one of the children opened the door and the dog got in."

"The dog, believed to be called Game, has been seized by police is expected to be destroyed."
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Reports say the dogs were well cared for, walked regularly, and the guy was lovely and did not keep the dogs for any reason other than he loved them. Perhaps a genuine tragic accident?
I think from the update reports, its becoming evident that this is not what we would call a typical responsible owner.

He kept this and another dog locked in a shed, he bred and sold puppies , and never allowed these dogs inside the house.

That's not what I would call a responsible owner, so in a way its typical stereotypical of these cases...
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately, some people do see keeping dogs segregated and out of harms way as being responsible. Problem is in an instance like this where the dogs end up in a situation that they have no prior experience in dealing with.

I remember reading the article a while back involving a toddler, two SBTs and a house full of cannabis. A neighbour remarked that the owner was responsible because the dogs were usually kept chained up in the garden.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

19-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Snoringbear View Post
The dog, believed to be called Game
Curious choice.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Curious choice.
Agreed.
I said the same on another forum and got pounced on for 'jumping to conclusions' but it is a name with certain connotations. And there is a certain pattern in these dog attacks that's beginning emerge.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >