View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 06:06 AM
Its a shame, its the same with labs, hardley any choccies get as high in the ring as the blacks, but to be truthful there are not many good pigmentated chocs around
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 06:32 AM
I'm the sunshine person Mitch . And I like all colours I like although I haven;t seen one for agaes an nice sharp black and white my least fav would once have been white, but having seen a few nice one just lately I'd say they are rising through the fav stakes.

My two especially Sal shine in the sun being black with hint of brindle.
Thanks for the opinions a pleasure to chat.

Karen
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 07:35 AM
I haven't seen a white staff, well only in books

Ther is a lovely White/ brindle staff down the road and he's blind. A friendly little chap and he always sticks his nose out the gate when me and Jas walk past
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Well I love whites OBVIOUSLY lol, personally colour is not really of importance to me when we looked for Cassy I knew what lines etc I was after I dint care what colour she was but she was white and I think they are so striking. Cassy comes from a long line of white and predominantly whites on her sires side and predominantly blue on her dams as far as I know none had skin problems. Perhaps the reason for this though was that they were bred for performance best to best and looks and colouring were of no importance, strong working dogs usually tend to have fewer exaggerations and less health problems as a result.

After talking to numerous stafford owners it would appear that in general suffer from skin problems quite a bit regardless of coloyring so I am guessing that whites are as likely as reds or brindles to suffer too. Yes they need more protection from the sun, Cassy has a grass allergy which affected her skin but I am told by my vet that this has nothing to do with her colouring.

I am not so keen on black brindles personally and I think it is far too dominant yes I went to one KC stafford show and apart from being shocked at the exaggerated appearance and weight of 90% of the dogs there I was also surprised that out of 20 or so dogs 1 was brindle pied and one was red with the rest being blacks and black brindles. I think it seems to be the same in most places.

Irish Blue is not a breed or a name you just get some staffords bred from irish bloodlines who happen to be blue in colour just like you will get some KC dogs that are also blue in colour.

Now Staffy you have seen my Cassy in pics and the last time I looked she was still white lol.

Laura
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 09:39 AM
I meant to say GOOD DOGS COME IN ALL COLOURS! [/b]
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 09:41 AM
lol Laura

I meant in the flesh and of the KC stafford standard
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 09:53 AM
It is also interesting to note that if you go back to the early KC Stafford years there was much more variance in colouring thinking of the Joe Mallen days, there were lots of brindles yes but many more reds and pied dogs too, personally I think pieds are the most striking in colour and I really like reds also, a white is good but only when (like Cassy lol) they have the correct pigment I hate seeing a white dog with pink rims around the eyes and mouth.

Funny how Black and Tan is not accepted because of its dominance yet Black and Black Brindle is seen as okay even though in the show world it without doubt dominates over any other colouring? Personally I think its a shame there are less of a variation. Certainly within "sporting" and "alternative" shows there is a huge variation in colours, if anybody is interested I have pictures from the last athletic show with various staffords mostly whites, reds, blues and pieds I can post.

I have loads of old pictures I will post here when I have more time to do so illustrating and backing up the statement I have made.

Staffy mate you have seen the best so anything else now will be a disappointment
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 10:14 AM
rofl Laura
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 10:18 AM
and Laura is not of course biased in any way
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran