Administrator
Male 

19-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I will try to keep this list updated for now on for everyone to see
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Ok feel free to call me dumb blonde, thick or blind. but where on the about us page is the supporter part? i know it would mean paying (which would probably mean i can't be a supporter ) but i can't find it! i cant find supporters part. *storms off to Roxy's cupboard 'move over Roxy thankyou.*
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 05:47 PM
as soon as i get a bit a bit of cash spear on my card i will become a Supporters. but thats not going to be for a few weeks
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey no worries Nat, in your own time

No-ones obliged to sponser, we're just grateful to those that do, as it helps keep us free for everyone else
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 07:13 PM
eRaze, just a suggestion...there are people who can't afford to become a 'sponsor'.
How about having somewhere that people can just donate money. Doesn't have to be a set amount, a spare couple of quid perhaps?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi Hevvur

Thats one of the reasons why we put the £5 option in there (as we thought it was a relatively low amount), in addition I don't think the 'system' can show/recognise those who have used a generic 'donate now' type button, as it isn't part of the 'subscription' system which works on an annual or monthly basis (whatever is set for that option). I really like the idea of being able to show who has contributed as I think it's the very least we can do to highlight those with a special tag, who have been generous in helping keep Dogweb free for all other users.

I will have a look though and see if there is a way
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 07:32 PM
I am a member of another forum, (it's mainly kids, so they can't afford a lot), and if you pay £1, you become an 'advanced member'. Unless you tell people, then no one knows who has paid or not.
You can either pay direct into the owners paypal account, or send it to his home address. (He does let you know when he receives it)
It may not be a lot, but some people unfortunately can't even afford a fiver at times. Plus, it all adds up!
Perhaps just a general 'donate' button on the main page, that goes into a Paypal account?
I for one, wouldn't be bothered about having anything under my name to acknowledge it, but if they put their name on the donation, you could just write a thankyou?

It's just an idea
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-05-2005, 07:54 PM
I'll take a look into it to see how I could work it. I would in all honesty like to keep the 'acknowledgement' /title automatic and part of the system, because I would feel awful if someone was accidently missed.

I will look into it for sure though and see how other sites implement it
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi eRaze,
You are doing a great job, I am going to subscribe soon, I'm not trying to escape, but I was wondeering what will happen to those who decide not to subscribe?

Ian
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »