Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
yes he wants £200. He says he will donate it to an animal charity, but he wants it in cash . He's getting nothing from me except a jolly good talking to if he comes back!
Well maybe you should offer cash - on the receipt of proof of ownership, a sworn affidavit that the dog wasn`t injured before coming, a letter and original bill from the vet and a flying pig.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd wait and see what he does, if anything, by the sound of it he's a right scammer, I'd warn other dog groomers in the area too. xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 11:07 AM
No advice here, but just wanted to say Oh My God, what are some people like
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I would tell him to get lost and ring the police, make sure they log it, and get a log number for future reference. It sounds like a scam to me.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-09-2009, 11:53 AM
He's a chancer, tell him to go swivel and report it to the police in case he comes back. They'll take it more seriously if you've already reported it once.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Def report it to the police. They may not do anything, but if he does come back and makes a nuisance of himself, and you feel threatened, you can ring the police and they will send some one round quite quick as they will have it on record already.
Also as everyone else says tell all the groomers in the area or get in touch with the local paper saying there is a scammer about!!! Do it to him before he does anything to you. Show him you will not be intimidated!!!!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I would call the police and ask their advice .
Give this guy no money he is just a chancer and tell him to get lost .
I was once stopped by a guy who said one of my dogs bit his while out with my husband a man with a beard . My husband does not and never has had a beard , I told him to get lost , he too was after money
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I also would report him to the police, just to have it on file if anything does happen further down the line. He's basically trying to blackmail you here. If he does come back tell him to make an appointment and that you are happy to discuss the matter but only with another person present so that you are covered from all angles. Mke sure he puts everything in writing, its harder to balckmail someone if you have to provide your own proof of guilt.

People like this make me so angry...
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
This is soooo wrong, thinking of you!

Some people are so nasty!

Chin up chicken-pie don't let him get to you, and i would also contact the police to get it on record.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

08-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I agree with all the advice given. The Citizen's Advice Bureau would also give you some advice, I am sure. Whatever you do, don't pay him a sausage! He is scamming you.

Report it at least to the police - you never know, perhaps he has done it before to someone else! May not even have been his dog!!

If he does come back tell him he has to contact the local police (and keep a bag of pepper handy in case he tries to hit you - you can throw the pepper in his face!)

Don't worry about him - I doubt he will come back.

Take care.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »