Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
The "Mals" NEVER went beserk..ONE MALE dog kicked off at another dog...and his lead snapped..A friend stepped into the ring got a lead from someone sitting ringside and took the dog out the ring..
I was sitting ringside holding one of my breeders dogs at the time..I had a ringside view as it were..

ONE dog..had a go at another!! and no clothes were ripped!!
I think the mals got a rough write up in dog world after that show, sure terry got bitten also,
but it wouldnt be the first breed to have had a spat in the ring.,..

YUP.. a TOTAL load of cack!!!! I better move my children out of the house!! in case my wolves eat them

Funny how Eskimo's used to let them keep the kids warm..or maybe they were just keeping their lunch warm!!
I have to say, I have no issues with the breed, most that I have met have been lovely

HAHAHAHAH ETA: just noticed you said move the kids out of the house...NOT THE DOGS....
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 08:49 PM
The "Mals" NEVER went beserk..ONE MALE dog kicked off at another dog...and his lead snapped..A friend stepped into the ring got a lead from someone sitting ringside and took the dog out the ring..
I was sitting ringside holding one of my breeders dogs at the time..I had a ringside view as it were..

ONE dog..had a go at another!! and no clothes were ripped!!
A lady had her trousers torn, so I was informed by one of the stewards.

But if it was as you say then why did Terry abandon the ring ?

I've seen big Rotts have a go in the ring many times but the class was never stopped.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I dont think terry abondoned the ring, he did however if my mind serves right withold a good few places?

tbh it was so long ago my memory is a bit sketchy.

the woman I seen coming out of the ring {whos dog had kicked off??, had the back of her suit jacket torn not her trousers}
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I dont think terry abondoned the ring, he did however if my mind serves right withold a good few places?

tbh it was so long ago my memory is a bit sketchy.

the woman I seen coming out of the ring {whos dog had kicked off??, had the back of her suit jacket torn not her trousers}
Is there a link to the story ? I'm sure it was posted here at the time.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I think the mals got a rough write up in dog world after that show, sure terry got bitten also,
but it wouldnt be the first breed to have had a spat in the ring.,..

I have to say, I have no issues with the breed, most that I have met have been lovely

HAHAHAHAH ETA: just noticed you said move the kids out of the house...NOT THE DOGS....
Terry was growled at by a bitch and she turned to him quickly..but if I remember rightly she wasn't well and was taken to the vet as it wasn't in her nature to growl..

Yes I did say move the kids out..

Originally Posted by nero View Post
A lady had her trousers torn, so I was informed by one of the stewards.
Trousers torn is a bit different to "ripped to shreds"

But if it was as you say then why did Terry abandon the ring ?
He did not "abandon the ring"..When the dogs entered the ring..The dog in question bumped rear ends with another dog in the ring next door..it turned and grumbled at the dog next to him..Terry Thorn told the handler if it did that again it was going to be thrown out..
The class was judged and this dog was placed..The unplaced dogs left the ring..and Terry Thorn was doing his critique when the dog lunged at the one next to him (the same one from the start of the class)..
The lead snapped and it got hold of the other dog.(at this point Terry Thorn stepped over the rope at the left side of me and stood talking to another judge..Frank Kane..who I think was filming this at the time).. One of our friends ran into the ring and someone threw him a lead..he then took this dog out the ring and straight to the bencing..and that was that..

I've seen big Rotts have a go in the ring many times but the class was never stopped.
The class was already stopped..it had been judged and the rosettes handed out..the next class came in just after the other dogs left..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Is there a link to the story ? I'm sure it was posted here at the time.
awe come on denis, there are a hundred links that could be found for rotties doing this and that,

one bad day does not make a bad breed.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 09:05 PM
There probably is a link to it.. and I have probably written the exact same thing on that thread too..I remember it well LOL.. as that was the first day I met my Breeder..(so it was more than 2 yrs ago)..

I was holding one of my favourite dogs and he was snuffling in my ear and singing the whole time this was happening..So I remember it well..this was before we even got our Mal..and one dog certainly didn't put me off!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I think most of what happend that day came down to a broken collar/lead?

it could happen in any breed.

Im pretty sure if some of the big male rotties broke a collar there would be similar situations.

dogs is dogs is dogs.....
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 09:15 PM
This is what I wrote on my own forum the day after the incident..

May 21st 2006

As the dog entered the ring it kicked off with another Mal along the bottom of the square.. they separated them and then as it lines up along the left side of the ring this dog and a Bouvier bumped bums and they both turned and had words.. after the dogs had been gone over and run and placed they were lined up and this dog was at the other end of the ring away from XXX & XXX and away from the Bouviers when it snapped its collar and attacked XXX in the centre of the ring.. there was 3 incidents in the same class..involving the same dog..
I have removed the dogs names..

The write up from Terry Thorn

The very nice entry of 76 was badly marred by some extremely aggressive dogs and bitches, Many innocent exhibitors were very upset by the bad behaviour & fighting between dogs being shown. These incidents also effected the adjacent ring especially when the Bouviers were being judged.

As a judge the aggressive behaviour of exhibits is highly dangerous and should not be tolerated. All aggression should be dealt with under Kennel club regulations & dismissal from the ring is mandatory together with the necessary paperwork. I strongly suggest that any dogs that attack judges should never be shown again to endanger other judges
Dog World write up

Terry Thorn was judging in the Alaskan Malamute ring and withheld all places in the puppy dog class. Whilst PG was being judged there was some trouble with a dog who was threatening other dogs in and around the ring. The judge asked owners to be careful with the dog but just after the class was judged there was an incident with the dog and another in the class. A chain broke and handlers were unable to stop the attack. Eventually they were separated and one dog was asked to leave the area. Later in the judging in the open bitch class another malamute was asked to leave the ring since it had apparently gone for the judge. From what we can gather these incidents are being recorded and will be passed to the Kennel Club. I spoke to the Show Vet who told me that this time he had had six biting incidents to deal with the the period of the show with various breeds involved"
Also another post from me off my own forum
Soory but what a load of bollocks..

JUDGE WAS NEVER BITTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge did with hold ALL of puppy dog but was because he didn't think any were "worthy" and the one who he did think was... was lame so he withheld it for him too..

Yes there was a rather big fight between 2 or possibly 3 dogs in the ring and the judge threw them out.. must say only was was doing the fighting.. (I think one left as the dogs in the next ring kicked off at him)

There was not several fights at ringside(I was sat there the whole time) the only fights were offshoots of the above

And a bitch "went" for the judge BUT no contact was made..

All in all it was a very enlightening show
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Well done Louise I've been searching way back and could'nt find it.

PS : I heard a comment on the day that thank god the Rottie ring was'nt adjascent or there could've been a right Donniebrook.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »