View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:04 PM
aww thanks lynn im glad i phoned i dont want anyone else having to go through this not nice for anyone
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Oh Jen I am so sorry this has happened again. Poor you and poor Shiloh. What a moran this guy is. I hope he was absolutely mortified. He should be ashamed of himself.

You must have been so scared, I can't imagine. Big big big hugs to you and Shiloh. xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:06 PM
aww thanks berger we are alright just shocked over this happening as for the owner he wasnt around i could hear him calling his dog but couldnt see him shall be looking out for him from now on this cant happen again
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:32 PM
I bet that was scarey
I don't blame you for letting him off,think i would have done the same.
That idiot needs a wake up call,what complete moron
Hope you and Shiloh are ok
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:34 PM
That's terrible Jenn, I'm so glad Shiloh appears to be okay and that the other dog didn't hurt him Wasn't it Chey that it snapped at last week? That stupid man obviously didn't take your advice and put a muzzle on it after last time did he
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
aww thanks berger we are alright just shocked over this happening as for the owner he wasnt around i could hear him calling his dog but couldnt see him shall be looking out for him from now on this cant happen again
The council should listen to your concerns Jen cause this dog was out of control in a public place so automatically the DDA will cover this incident.If this dogs recall is this bad coupled with aggression-it really shouldnt be off lead and the owner should be reminded of this.I will normally stick up for Rotties,but not this occasion.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Poor you and Shiloh, pleased that Shiloh stood up to the dog and won! It must have shaken you both up. Bigg hugs to you both.

I always beleive in letting dogs loose if they get involved in a fight. Blackie's collar is way too big for him, so if he needs to escape he can get out of it by backing out of it, although he is hardly ever on his lead.

Once Blackie was attacked by a young Alsation, it had hold of Blackie by the throat and Blackie was just standing there screaming, I just had to wave my stick about and growl and shout at this dog, he eventually let Blackie go with out any injuries.

Ian
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Well done Jen.
Big hugs to you and Shiloh, you must have been so frightened.
Good on your boy for standing his ground.
I'd report this dog to the dog warden.
Hugs. Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:42 PM
OMG Thats awful and how scary for you, glad you are both ok and YES you did the right thing!!!

Sending hugs to you both

Jules
xxx
Mirkawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I believe it must have been very scary experience, but I do not think, that you did the right thing, Bluemerle Lover.
By unleashing your dog, you could easily get her into big trouble and if she was not so amazingly brave, the rottweiler could have killed her. Or seriously hurt her.

No, I believe you should have stand out and defend your dog yourself. You are the leader of the pack, you are responsible for your dog and you should make sure, she is safe.

You´d be suprised, how many dogs would quickly back off, if they see that to get to your dog, they have first to get over you. Or, to say it different way, that the dog has to fight both you and your dog!

I had the awfull experience to have my dogs attacked several times by the same staffordshire dog. First time, he just ran on them and managed to bite one, before could even blink one eye. And they were on the leash next to me!

Next time, I knew the dog and what I should do. I pulled my dogs behind me (and believe me, it is hard to pull behind your back two dogs, each 34 kg) and yelled at the dog, just when I saw him charging. When it did not stop him, I put leashes of both my dogs in one hand, quickly catched a strong club and smashed the charging staff right into his head. That stopped him and amazingly, only after this his owner finally arrived! And trust me, she did not dare to say a word to me, how angry I was. After this, we had some more troubles with this dog, but he was much less brave.

It happens often, that when I go with my dogs, there comes a dog charging at us, growling and barking.. I always do the same thing, pull my dogs behind me, look the dog in his eyes and yell at him to get lost. And trust me, all sizes of dogs, from poodles to labradors and GSD´s, they all know better, than to try to attack my dogs over me. (Just for your info, I measure about 160 cm, have 56 kg and I am woman).

I understand that you were scared, but if you love your dog, you don´t let him stand alone in fight. You are his leader, you provide him with food, shelter and you must protect him.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »