Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Many thanks all.

She is not currently living with a dog as far as I am aware, but Im told she shows no fear or aggression towards other dogs at all. She has a crate left open, she does not use it, if they shut her in to try and force rest, she goes ballistic.

If she needs a professional behaviourist, welfare will sort that out, all vet checks so far have concluded a healthy but emaciated dog only.
I would suggest that she would be better with another, fairly sorted dog Dawn. Obviously introducing one now may be hard if the current owners don't have one, but are they fostering or have they adopted? May be worthwhile looking for a foster home with a 'sorted' dog...(not sure Cosmo falls into the category 'sorted' as he's a nutter, but he is happy and relaxed and taught Tango how to chill on the sofa.) Not sure if it is possible or practical but I defintiely think a resident dog could help the poor thing.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Agree. Razzle watches carefully what the other dogs do and gets confidence from them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I would suggest that she would be better with another, fairly sorted dog Dawn. Obviously introducing one now may be hard if the current owners don't have one, but are they fostering or have they adopted? May be worthwhile looking for a foster home with a 'sorted' dog...(not sure Cosmo falls into the category 'sorted' as he's a nutter, but he is happy and relaxed and taught Tango how to chill on the sofa.) Not sure if it is possible or practical but I defintiely think a resident dog could help the poor thing.
She doesnt show any interest to them though, and she is in a permanent home, these people will do anything to help her. She doesnt relate to anything really. Its very sad. Im trying to get a video for you all to see.
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Agree. Razzle watches carefully what the other dogs do and gets confidence from them.
Thanks Claire.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
She doesnt show any interest to them though, and she is in a permanent home, these people will do anything to help her. She doesnt relate to anything really. Its very sad. Im trying to get a video for you all to see.

Thanks Claire.
Just a suggestion Dawn, I think a resident dog really helps in cases like hers, whether she interacts or not, she will still learn from them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I appreciate it Ailsa, everything is being passed on too.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 06:15 PM
They could try hand feeding her to get her really focused on them and concentrating on different things.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
They could try hand feeding her to get her really focused on them and concentrating on different things.

rune
Thank you.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 02:11 PM
A quick update:

Rescue bitch "Biscuit" update
I think you could say she looks pretty relaxed here! For the first time she has been happy to sit in the living room with us all evening, normally she would have started screaming and climbing into corners, and then 'trotting' to relieve the stress.

I have spoken to a lovely lady today called Shona Moon, she is one of the Tellington TTouch practitioners and a dog behavourist. She is coming to see if she can help Biscuit next Sunday. I have explained the extent of her problems and she agrees she is pretty troubled but not to despair as we have had some improvement albeit very small. Today she has been alot better in many ways but I now know not to expect more tomorrow as last time she had a 'good' day we were back to square one the following one!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh bless.
Some progress then...fab.
I think TTouch could really help her too. Brilliant.

Tango only started being happy to be tickled with something in her mouth about 1/2 months ago. She will have been with us 2 years in April...these things take time.

So glad there has been progress though. Keep us posted won't you?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Awww bless, some good progress , onwards and upwards
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »