Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bobby-Digital
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-10-2005, 01:54 AM
I am a massive S.K fan
I love loads of his books. I have to say my fav has to be the Dark Tower series and i loved them . For definant his best stuff. I also loved Misery and i loved The running man and i loved The Long walk read it loads of times !

There are just so many of his books that i like, the last book i read of his was Desperation, really enjoyed it.

I also must recommend Shawshank Redemption, also know as Rita Hayworth i think. Also Thinner is another good short story. Really enjoyed The running man too. You also have to read Secret window, secret garden. Ohh there are too many to mention ! LOL

He is my fav author !
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Carole
Ive read IT its really creepy again a lot better than the film. The Shining is another good book better than the film. There are so many of his books I have read, Dreamcatcher, Hearts in Atlantis, The Shining, Salems Lot and loads others.

The Talisman and Black House are good too co written with Peter Straub.
I loved the Talisman and The Black House - some of their best work there, I thought. Have read all the SK books except The Dark Tower series, which I just couldn't get into.

Richard Laymon is better at horror though - unfortunately he died a couple of years ago from a heart attack (I think) - sadly missed. Dean Koontz was one of his close friends. Like Dean too. Dan Simmonds also a good'un.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 07:50 AM
ive read all stephen king's books and almost all dean koontz, and all james herberts, ive actually been known to sit down with a king or koontz in the morning and have finished by the end of the day, well usually midnight, im glued, no house work gets doneand the dogs get a mini walk lol.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by deefin
i like stephen king but prefer dean koontz .
I like both my fav short story is The Mist by king
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Im waiting VERY impatiently for my local bookshop to get the last Dark Tower book in! I got SOOOO into those books and when i went in to buy the last one they said it wasn't out They've ordered it but theres been a 'delay' I've been waiting ages now, whats wrong with these people?!?!

Oh.. Is The Mist the one with the alien things in the supermarket China? If it is, i liked that one I also liked The Raft!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica
Im waiting VERY impatiently for my local bookshop to get the last Dark Tower book in! I got SOOOO into those books and when i went in to buy the last one they said it wasn't out
My sister got it in Asda about 6 months ago it was a hardback copy. She has the last 4 in hardback now.

Definately worth the read to find out how it all ends
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Really?

The bookshop said it was out of print or something, they said it was probably because its coming out in paperback soon, but i want it in hardback Maybe i'll go into ASDA tomorrow! lol:
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2005, 09:16 PM
It should be out in paperback soon as I read it ages ago. Have you tried Amazon?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki

Richard Laymon is better at horror though - unfortunately he died a couple of years ago from a heart attack (I think) - sadly missed. Dean Koontz was one of his close friends. Like Dean too. Dan Simmonds also a good'un.
Laymon is my all time fave author.. He is more gory and shocking than King.. Unfortunately I only discovered his books a few years before he died..
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2005, 06:55 PM
fire starter was fantastic better than the film but that was good to.
but carrie 2 was not good the first was better
im dyslexic so it takes me weeks to read them but i can not put them down
its also why i spell some things wrong
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >