Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members and what a lovely sunny morning after all the rain.

Washing is on the line, kitchen floor washed, more cleaning to do then off to do a spot of baby sitting.

Stay safe everyone and have a pleasant day..
Morning Mini. My you have ben busy.
Enjoy the baby sitting.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lynn they started to turn the corner at 4. Once I found a proper training club we made immense progress, prior to that I had been training at places where they were basically ******s after my money. Remember I had 2 litter sisters so it was always going to be hard work, especially with this type of dog
I am lucky in that I can park in the road by the side of the library, just thought I would mention it if the Mac does expire, then you won't go into stress overload if you know there is some sort of back up out there. Would Michael be able to let you use his?
It was a good idea June and one to keep in mind.
I could borrow Michael's lap top or pop down to Marks my eldest son and borrow his computer. It is literally 2 mins in the car and easy to park.

Yeah I know Dillon will get through it so will I. There has just been so much stress since Gorden left and it all seems to of escalated this week. So poor Dillon and his naughty episodes seem ten times worse.
Also the field we walk I am avoidng as much as possible as it is so wet and I don't wnt him skidding and doing himself some serious damage especially as he is so young and those bones are still forming.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2012, 12:10 PM
'afternoon Lynn and all of you

Hope the Mac lasts until Gordon gets back and that you don't suffer any power cuts. We had a few of those two yerars ago when we had terrible gales, one outage lasted all night and most of the following morning

Chris I also hope that your son continues to make progress.

And sending best wishes to you all and all the doglets where ever you are.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'afternoon Lynn and all of you

Hope the Mac lasts until Gordon gets back and that you don't suffer any power cuts. We had a few of those two yerars ago when we had terrible gales, one outage lasted all night and most of the following morning

Chris I also hope that your son continues to make progress.

And sending best wishes to you all and all the doglets where ever you are.
Afternoon Harvey.

I am keeping fingers crossed the mac holds out and the power cuts stay away for everyone not just me.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Happy Birthday to the Norties!
Happy Birthday to the Norties!
Happy B-i-r-r-thday dear Norties!
Happy Birthday to the Norties!!

O dear, will they ever forgive me not sending them a card!! I'll PM them!!
Happy Birthday from me and Loki as well xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Afternoon all and a Very Happy Birthday to the norties, who are not quite so norty nowadays (or are they ).

I did an Asda run this morning, first time I've been in there since we moved here, and was quite impressed, but I wasn't doing a shop as such, I was just mooching, getting in everybody's way I think from the glares I got Lol! Then they had this weird escalator which wasn't, so I thought to meself, can I get this trolley up that It went up very steep just like a real escalator. Then I saw people coming down with trolleys so I thought I'd give it a whirl coz the clothing was upstairs. When you get the trolley onto the escalator, thud, it just stops dead like it's on glue (to stop it rolling down obviouuuuuusly, I sussed that ) so I went on after it and quite enjoyed the ride

How come when you get old instead of looking at the shoes and bling, you end up in the jim jam department and slippers then that's what I bought I got Dave a new pair of slip on trainer thingies for his in and out, in and out, down to the garage coz his suede things are dolloped with just about everything from plaster, paint, to glue, and they must be all of 8 years old, so I thought he could do with a new pair. He wouldn't let me throw them away when I gave him the new ones, coz he said the new ones are leather, they were £25 and they're too good The old ones are now in the bin

Just walked Zena on a quickie, and the mud is unbelievable, and as I went to go up the forest track there was this unsavoury character, young kiddy, hoodie type, coming down chucking stuff up at the trees, and he did look a bit iffy for a woman on her own, so I hung about a bit by my car in the road. As he got to me he smiled and stopped and wanted to talk I opted for just a quick smile and went back into the road to take the top path, which I didn't want to do cos it's a longer route and steeper, but I made darn sure he had carried on walking down the road before I even ventured on it cos it's a lonely old path and you just can't be too careful nowadays can ya, and why wasn't he at school anyway!!! I do see a lot of the schoolkids in the mornings on my usual walk, they go through the woods as a short cut (and YES, kids do walk to school here ) but they're all fine, they're in uniform and usually smile at me and Zena, but this bloke was quite weird.

Anyhoo, Dave's checked out the van and it has no leaks, he's fed up with not sleeping, he won't go to bed to catch up on it, and we're having roast chicken for lunch so there!!!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone, thanks for the gorgeous puppy fix (I will soooooo miss these when they've flown the nest), glad you're ok now Lynn even if the Mac is playing up, at least you've got electric now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Got Cariad out for a walk round, then took Lona and Mabs.
Walking along the towpath, Mabs stopped to roll, and rolled into the canal, she just all of a sudden disappeared, lots of splashing then a head appeared and she made for the bank, so I had to kneel down in what she had been rolling in (fox poo ) and haul her out, and she is sort of a murky grey smelly girl, she kept well away from the bank after that, she dried out a bit on the way home. Got home and opened the back door to let Cariad out, cleaning the yard with bleach, disinfectant and jeyes, sweeping up and I sort of saw someone go past me, and realised it was Cariad heading for the Puppy palace, at the same time realised that Mabs had headed indoors to the puppies, this would be the Mabs covered in Canal - yes that's her... shot into the kitchen (I am all dirty and muddy as well remember) just in time to see her muddy nose going down to smell her new CLEAN cousins, I yelled Mabs, OUT NOW, she shot off like a rocket, and Cariad came wandering back in, totally unconcerned I had saved her babies from the Black Death or something, phew......much mopping and cleaning later we are back where we started. I took my coat, trakkie bottoms etc off in the utility and put them in the washer along with my coat, they could probably have done it themselves really
Lots and lots of fresh shavings in both kennels to see if I can have the old pale coloured Mabs back instead of the grey version
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 02:10 PM
June, your posts are always so entertaining - never a dull moment in your household eh Your puppies are divine and changing by the day Are you keeping any? I apologise if you have answered this before.

Helena, your post also made me smile - I also gravitate to the slipper/jim-jam depts when out - anything for comfort when I'm home I hate it when I come across single men when out walking somewhere alone - at least you have a big dog, my two could never look threatening

I took my two to Painshill Park with my son which was really nice. A lovely long walk and then stopped on the 9-acre field right by my house to let them have an off-lead blast. Another walk this afternoon as I don't think we'll be going far tomorrow after seeing the dreadful forecast.

I'll call in again later but I hope you all enjoy the good weather today, for those of you that have it.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Afternoon All Dogsey Members

I've had a fun but tiring day so far. I got up early, took Max for a lovely walk then after breakfast went over to Dogs Trust to do so walking as it has been ages since I last got over there. Walked a couple of very nice dogs. Rushed home. Had lunch and did Max's lunch. Max wanted to play but I couldn't let him because (a) he had just eaten and I'm a bloat worrier and (b) I had to go and walk a client's dog. So I walked her, came home, Max was still playful so we've had a game of football and now here I am. All ready for my nanny nap

Hope everyone is having a good day, staying safe weather wise and that all of you who have a lot going on, family wise and dog wise, you are keeping strong.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Afternoon All Dogsey Members

I've had a fun but tiring day so far. I got up early, took Max for a lovely walk then after breakfast went over to Dogs Trust to do so walking as it has been ages since I last got over there. Walked a couple of very nice dogs. Rushed home. Had lunch and did Max's lunch. Max wanted to play but I couldn't let him because (a) he had just eaten and I'm a bloat worrier and (b) I had to go and walk a client's dog. So I walked her, came home, Max was still playful so we've had a game of football and now here I am. All ready for my nanny nap

Hope everyone is having a good day, staying safe weather wise and that all of you who have a lot going on, family wise and dog wise, you are keeping strong.
Afternoon.
Sounds like you have a had nice day.
Dillon likes to play straight after meals it is a devil of a job to get him to rest after eating. I am like you a bloat worrier.

Well I am still here on the mac skype is not playing but we have bounced emails back and forth so got to chat just not face to face. Better than not at all.
If it keeps behaving you never know I may get on for a chocolate and a swig from that magic bottle this evening.

Helena I think you are wise does seem awful though we have to be so suspicous now for our own safety.
I quite like Asda mainly because their cheap.

Well I have taken Dillon for a short afternoon boredom buster stroll it is very cold out there and I am now heading off for a nice soak. Catch you all later hopefully.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 02:24 PM
OMG June, thank goodness you spotted that Mabs when you did Fancy her thinking she could go and say hello to Cariad's babies in a state like that hey Lol at Cariad there totally oblivious that you had saved them all for her from the Black Death Hopefully, all those clean shavings will do a good job for you, I'm getting more and more enthused about this shavings idea I really am, it must save you loads of work June.

Hi Jenny, maybe it was Zena who scared him off, he must have seen all those big teef as she grabbed her ball on the rope out of my hand, coz he stopped talking to me then! No afternoon nap for you today then?? Oh well at least Jane's keeping up with the nanny naps, so enjoy yours Jane. I'm now off for mine, coz I've just cleared all up from our roast lunch, hoovered the whole house and mopped the kitchen and bootroom and I'm now zapped. I could have done with the help of Malka's yung mannnn here!

Hi Lynn, yes, that was my main criteria for checking out the Asda in this area, cos they're cheap!!! glad you got in touch with Gorden, even if it was via e-mail, it must put your mind at rest knowing he's safe, it's such a long, long way away isn't it, but only one more week!
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »