View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 01:19 AM
oh what a horrible situation! glad it is all sounding better now, but what absolutely horrible disgusting neighbours you have!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-03-2010, 06:39 AM
way i see it you have two strategies to decide on

first one, and i would do this in any case before going for the second as it will make you appear that you are the reasonable one just trying to sort it all out - approach both neighbours directly (without the dog!) and ask kindly and a s nicely as possible if we can come to a compromise...stay calm and confident and forget all the bad stuff whilst doing this and remember your purpose is to appear to be the reasonable one...and btw have a witness

second is to fight fire with fire, every time they shout and / or swear at you call the police, every time they make a noise contact the council, but never ever ever react to their intimidations, remember you are proving you are the reasonable one

if it gets to the point, which it will, that the police tell you they are getting fed up with your continuous complaints, push harder and phone them more

above all, record everything!

my final piece of advice would be this. once you have fallen out with neighbours there is no going back. life will never be good; cut your losses and find somewhere to live where you will be happier. use the situations as an advantage to control your debt situations; get a house slightly smaller / cheaper / perhaps more rural where you know you will be happier; that way you have won because you are fully in control of your environment again and you will be happier - the neighbours will be left with a bitter taste
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 07:20 AM
did they charge you? or did they just say they were going to?

Do you often walk the dogs after the pub/and or 3am?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I am not being driven out of my house - this is exactly what they want
I have lived here 10 years
anyways I really couldnt get a smaller cheeper house than the one I am in, and as a driving instructor my work would seriously struggle worse than it is if I moved to a new area

The police advised me not to speak to them direct as they have been aggressive and unreasnoble when I have spoke to them before

the police did charge me, they read my rights and everything it wasnt in the system yet and the officer isnt in till monday so the sargent couldnt get the details but he will talk to her tomorow and phone me later

As for walking my dogs late at night, ever since before I got Ben I worked one night a month at a club, it used to finish at 3am now its 2am
I used to let the dogs out to pee when I came back in
But once all this had kicked off I started going later to the club and giving them their walk before I went (in full makeup) and just came in and went to bed trying not to disturb them too much

TBH going out hasnt been that much! Last night was about the first 'late' night this year and I was in at 23:10
Last year I can think of about 6 times I was out late, unfort getting the bus from Glasgow means a pub night you still get home about 2am but of course I tried to be as quiet as possible

The sargent was cool about that tho saying people need to live their lives and can walk their dogs whenever they want just so long as they are not winding their dogs up to make them bark, people work shifts and things and dog owners can still have a social life too

He was also pretty raging when he found out that my neighbours were filming me and the dogs in my garden (on a sunny sat afternoon when I was doing some gardning)
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2010, 08:37 AM
No advice really but did you know you can buy CCTV to set up yourself. I have seen them in Maplins and I don't think they are very expensive.
Good luck I hope common sense prevails with the police.
Shirls
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 09:17 AM
if the late nights are not a regular thing then they should be able to come and go with you, more so if the dogs dont make a noise when your letting them out late on.

hope this works out ok for you, but it does seem they are digging there heals in a bit,
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 09:23 AM
I am so so sorry , what is the world coming to.............. I hope you manage to get it sorted out in your favour.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2010, 10:05 AM
glad the seargent has re assured you id be very surprised if this ever went to court, your doing the right thing filming etc as you will have proof where as your neighbour is just their word and as theyve been proved wrong about the noise level it makes it better for you, also as you agreed meidiation and they didnt bother its another tick in your corner.
my neighbours dog was barking and whining all day i had to tell her as he was obv distressed which was my worry but did mention the old girl next door wouldnt be pleased with all the noise, but she did go out of her way to eventually sort it out we only get the odd bark now
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
It is deff real police - as it was the same policewoman who came the first 3 times last year who I complained to her sargent and she was taken off the case and my neighbours then moved on to another branch of the police who were nicer to me so they moved on to other agencies

!
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Bless his heart he is going to send a couple of cops around my area tonight when I am walking my dogs after the pub so if there are any complaints then the police will witniss for me

!

Something does not sound right here, regarding this police women, are you absolutely sure she is real, or is she related to theses people,

A bit coincidental that she should be the one to re visit you, after 1) her Sargent took her off the case, 2) neighbors have moved on to a new branch of police to make this complaint, and yet she is the one who comes calling

I would have this checked out.

Why not video your dogs going out into the garden , get a time, and date so you can use this to back you up.

you need to start making your own complaints to the relevant departments.. for harassment.

The police Sargent sounds understanding,and on your side getting two of his officers to patrol your street at closing time to back you up... police on the beat are like hens teeth round here... so you are very lucky to have this Sargent designate his officers out for this.

Good luck, hope you can sort this soon.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sorry to hear this.

look into whether you are entitled to legal aid. x

ETA I can't remember if Ben and Mia are insured, but if they are, your cover may include legal advice - worth checking anyway.
Sorry to hear the toerags are still giving you grief.

Another thought is check your home insurance as that sometimes includes legal assistance. As they are still persisting in harassing you I think you do need to get some legal advice.

Good luck,

J.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >