View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Hi It is very difficult to train a dog after 6mths,especially when all they have known is fear,the first thing I did was try and do an intensive reading on how to become a behavourist over night,with so many conflicting advice in my head,decided to use common sense,and take small steps,if she presented a behaviiour,I would work with that,it may take weeks to correct,I couldnt just rush in and start asking her to sit stay,she would bolt,I spent a lot of time on the floor talking softly to her,trying to get her to eat in one spot not taking the food off,I am at the moment trying to lead train her,but if she isnt in the mood and jumpy I go to something else probably revisting old ground,it is chaotic but we are getting there albeit slowly.Like Baxter we have to work within our dogs needs,I did get a person in,but it ended up in me not fulfilling the pack mentality and letting "Poor Fay take over the role of pack leader".So every day its back to the drawing board,maybe when she is 5 we will get there hopefully Gemini54
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4