Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Tbh Sarah, I think implying that we are frustrated by Pidge is kind of putting thoughts there that just don't exist! I am certainly not frustrated by Pidge. Pidge is one of my fave members on here. Always up for a laugh and is never one to judge harshly or post without thinking what the other person might feel. I just hated to see Pidge trying to get Woody to be something that he clearly isn't - a well behaved adult dog. He won't be that for some months yet.
to be fair to other posters on this thread,

you have said yourself, you hated to see pidge trying to make woody what hes not. Is hating not just another form of frustraition? poss even worse,
this is where reading to much into what someone writes can be a problem,
no one is looking for a target/victim here,
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I think we are all in the situation of learning about how to cope with our dogs. None of us have all the answers but some of us have been there in certain situations. I tried a few different things when re-training my dogs till I found what worked for us.
I think the passion in the answering posts come from concern, not judgement. However, both handler and dog need to find their own solutions together, possibly by trial and error, hopefully with good advice.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Tbh Sarah, I think implying that we are frustrated by Pidge is kind of putting thoughts there that just don't exist!
It was a vibe I was getting from certain posts (not your necessarily)
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

you have said yourself, you hated to see pidge trying to make woody what hes not. Is hating not just another form of frustraition? poss even worse,
no one is looking for a target/victim here,

Sorry Shona, I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here. Saying that I hated to see Pidge trying to make Woody something he is not, is in no way saying anything detrimental to Pidge. It's just like always on here, everything I say gets twisted. I don't bother to comment on that much (in a serious manner) on this Forum lately. The only reason I commented was because I felt that Pidge needed reassurance. Nothing else. "Hating" was used as an adjective, descriptive and all that............nothing more. I've not suggested anyone was looking for a target/victim, so I'm not sure what you mean
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
It was a vibe I was getting from certain posts (not your necessarily)

I know where you are coming from Just don't want Pidge thinking that we are frustrated by anything about her or Woody I love hearing about Woody and the progress Pidge is making with him
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Tbh Sarah, I think implying that we are frustrated by Pidge is kind of putting thoughts there that just don't exist! I am certainly not frustrated by Pidge. Pidge is one of my fave members on here. Always up for a laugh and is never one to judge harshly or post without thinking what the other person might feel. I just hated to see Pidge trying to get Woody to be something that he clearly isn't - a well behaved adult dog. He won't be that for some months yet. I've told Pidge before to chill out and enjoy his puppyhood, trying to reassure her that things will get better. My last post to Pidge was one of reassurance, not frustration and I hope that Pidge took it in the way I meant it. Like I said, there have been some harsh comments on here but that's forums, isn't it? I'm afraid if you discuss your dog's behaviour, you will get criticised by some.

I always remember when I said in passing that Pebbles barked at other dogs because she was afraid after being attacked when she was six months. What did I get for that, somebody chucking the fact that I basically had a problem dog when discussing CM - implying that I'd "shot myself in the foot" or similar! Would I discuss my dog's behaviour on here now. NO I would not because I'll not have people slate my dog for the sake of trying to win an argument with me! However, in this instance, I only see people trying to help just (as often happens) a little tact may have escaped some posters.

Anyway, I wish Pidge all the best with Woody. Like I've said all along. Woody and Pidge will get there. Woody is a fab dog and Pidge is a super-fab owner. A mixture like that couldn't fail but to win through in the end

The term frustrated was not intended to be an accumulative view of every member on the board... but for those who have continuously offered advice and support to Pigde when she has asked for it.

When one continually posts "help" threads for their dog, they will get the support of the board... as you say it is the way of forums...and yes sometimes the poster may not like the response that is fed back.

But in Pigdes case you cant say she has not had 100% support from ALL those who have offered help.

I think those who continually offer advice may feel they have got to know Woody over the months of threads on his behaviour, and in unison have tried to reassure Pidge, mos of his behaviour is normal..

As also often happens peoples patience will sometimes , shall we say get frustrated.... and the title of this thread and the complete change around from worrying over him being PTS , to he is a calm /happy boy in a matter of days ... just exasberated some members... who to their credit have spent many many hrs over many mths , writing pages of advice and support.

I notice you used the word..hate over frustration, surely a far more emotive word to voice your exasperation.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post

you have said yourself, you hated to see pidge trying to make woody what hes not. Is hating not just another form of frustration? poss even worse,
no one is looking for a target/victim here
That's so true Shona, sometimes peopel read things they want to see instead of what is really there.

I think I can say for all members here, we all are behind pidge 100% in helping her to work and make Woody into happy secure adult dog, she is dedicated to her task, and no one doubts she loves him to death and wants the best for him

But she needs to realise also that , in helping her to get there, she may not be happy with some replies, I think it was Mini who said it.. sometimes a reality check in needed, and it can only be done by plain speaking.

I really hope Pidge does not go to ground, I hope she comes back and sees, we are not against her, we are all trying to work with her, and if she can take on board some of what has been said without seeing it as a "bashing" hopefully we can look to the future and see a happy owner , with a happy dog...

Al in good time dont rush it
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Sorry Shona, I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here. Saying that I hated to see Pidge trying to make Woody something he is not, is in no way saying anything detrimental to Pidge. It's just like always on here, everything I say gets twisted. I don't bother to comment on that much (in a serious manner) on this Forum lately. The only reason I commented was because I felt that Pidge needed reassurance. Nothing else. "Hating" was used as an adjective, descriptive and all that............nothing more. I've not suggested anyone was looking for a target/victim, so I'm not sure what you mean
I just felt when you picked up on the furstration thing, you took it the wrong way, much the same way as you have taken my last post the wrong way.

ETA: I dont think others using the word frustrated ment anything detrimental to pidge either, just as you didnt mean it when you used the word hate, the problem is when things are posted on forums, we dont have the benifit of seeing the other person or hearing the tone in there voice, hence I think so much of what is said can be miss read,.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
The term frustrated was not intended to be an accumulative view of every member on the board... but for those who have continuously offered advice and support to Pigde when she has asked for it.

When one continually posts "help" threads for their dog, they will get the support of the board... as you say it is the way of forums...and yes sometimes the poster may not like the response that is fed back.

But in Pigdes case you cant say she has not had 100% support from ALL those who have offered help.

I think those who continually offer advice may feel they have got to know Woody over the months of threads on his behaviour, and in unison have tried to reassure Pidge, mos of his behaviour is normal..

As also often happens peoples patience will sometimes , shall we say get frustrated.... and the title of this thread and the complete change around from worrying over him being PTS , to he is a calm /happy boy in a matter of days ... just exasberated some members... who to their credit have spent many many hrs over many mths , writing pages of advice and support.

I notice you used the word..hate over frustration, surely a far more emotive word to voice your exasperation.

That's so true Shona, sometimes peopel read things they want to see instead of what is really there.

I think I can say for all members here, we all are behind pidge 100% in helping her to work and make Woody into happy secure adult dog, she is dedicated to her task, and no one doubts she loves him to death and wants the best for him

But she needs to realise also that , in helping her to get there, she may not be happy with some replies, I think it was Mini who said it.. sometimes a reality check in needed, and it can only be done by plain speaking.

I really hope Pidge does not go to ground, I hope she comes back and sees, we are not against her, we are all trying to work with her, and if she can take on board some of what has been said without seeing it as a "bashing" hopefully we can look to the future and see a happy owner , with a happy dog...

Once again, one word I say gets pulled apart and made to look like I'm being unkind! Certainly not the case here, I can assure you. I'm not getting into another slanging match over one word that I've used. Not worth it. When will I learn.......................

Pidge, I wish you luck with Woody. Please don't take anything I've said the wrong way. Honestly, that's not the way it was meant! No matter what anyone else says In short my post that's being ripped apart (nothing new there) was simply me being supportive. I also said that I thought that others had helped you but that perhaps a little tact had been lacking in some posts, so I don't believe that I've insulted anyone in any way. Like they say, people see what they want to see. I think you "know" me well enough to appreciate that I meant no harm at all (I hope so anyway)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

This is all true and fair enough imo. I'm not going to ground, I'm just lying low until things settle down as I think I've rocked the boat enough.

I do however think it is perfectly OK to let you all know that the past few days have been great progress for us. That doesn't means it's resolved, no where near, but the progress is happening and in just under a week I think that's great.

Once again, one word I say gets pulled apart and made to look like I'm being unkind! Certainly not the case here, I can assure you. I'm not getting into another slanging match over one word that I've used. Not worth it. When will I learn.......................

Pidge, I wish you luck with Woody. Please don't take anything I've said the wrong way. Honestly, that's not the way it was meant! No matter what anyone else says In short my post that's being ripped apart (nothing new there) was simply me being supportive. I also said that I thought that others had helped you but that perhaps a little tact had been lacking in some posts, so I don't believe that I've insulted anyone in any way. Like they say, people see what they want to see. I think you "know" me well enough to appreciate that I meant no harm at all (I hope so anyway)
Cheeky, I haven't taken anything you have said as negative. Everything you've said is true and it wasn't said in a bad way at all.

I don't mind people pointing out my faults if they're true, i.e. I've said too much on here and clearly have opened myself up for abit of a pounding, I've also posted in the heat of the moment and perhaps been too over dramatic, I've also definitely not been consistent, not set clear boundaries and pushed my dog too far. I cannot stress enough how I realise this and am working on it. Little steps and we will get there.

I also KNOW that everyone on here has tried to be supportive but whilst I have to accept that I will hear things I might not want to hear, you guys also need to accept that I may not agree with or like the advice you are giving (no one in particular, I'm just saying it's a two way thing). I'm not going to defend myself but there are three things I think some people have forgotten - 1. I'm a new dog owner who just wants to give me dog the happiest life possible, 2. I have been given so much info from so many people my head was spinning and I started to question everything. I've now taken a step back and am chilling out. 3. Woody means the world to me. I would do anything for him no matter what and am never giving up on him.

Now, go have a look at my ''Woody laugh'' thread and let's all kiss and make up.

I'll try to be a good girl from now on ;o)
JackieS
New Member!

17-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I am glad you are seeing progress with Woody, just a quick comment did the progress you have seen start around the same time you started to feed the chicken and rice as advised by the vet? If it did maybe Woody is intolerant to certain ingredients in his food or maybe the lower protein level he is getting now suits him better, which means he is less hyper and able to understand what you want from him.
I know with one of my dogs (springer X) that if the protein levels are too high for him he is quite manic, if I keep his food to a protein level of no higher than 22% he is a lot happier .
Jackie
Closed Thread
Page 39 of 44 « First < 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > Last »