register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 84 « First < 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 > Last »
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 12:38 PM
These Last Chance Dogs he helps arent Really Last Chance though. He Mis- Dianosges them then "Saves" Them......Convienent & also winds them up to make them appear worse than they are
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
and I also forgot to mention the numbers of dogs that have been abused, traumatised and attacked their owners who have used these methods as well.
If you can't see how abusive this man is then I really feel for the dogs of anyone who believes his methods are a acceptable.
becky
Thanks for that Becky. Nice to know I am an Abuser of Dogs.

Somebody really ought to tell Tai.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
These Last Chance Dogs he helps arent Really Last Chance though. He Mis- Dianosges them then "Saves" Them......Convienent & also winds them up to make them appear worse than they are
True, that is spot on.
One big problem being that people who are not trained to see or understand dog body language, but who listen to CMs calm voice whilst he half strangles a dog, do find it hard to "get it" - in some ways it's not their fault as boy are his programmes and books manipulative.

I remember when I was seduced by Barbara Woodhouse methods as i thought that was what dog training was -it was only when I felt so uncomfortable and started to question them, that I found other ways.

But, that was many years ago.Now, we do have more info available .....

Wys
x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Here`s one follow up- Cotton
Cesar Millan could get Cotton to be calm submissive, but the minute he was out the door, Cotton reverted. Cotton went for a follow up at Millan’s place, who recommended the Kreiger’s have Cotton live with a muzzle. Unfortunately the family had tried that, and the dog seemed able to wriggle out of them given time.
And what did they do? Have his teeth filed down.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Thanks for that Becky. Nice to know I am an Abuser of Dogs.

Somebody really ought to tell Tai.
If the cap fits Gnasher. I, and others, are stunned that you see nothing wrong with his methods.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Cesar Millan could get Cotton to be calm submissive, but the minute he was out the door, Cotton reverted. Cotton went for a follow up at Millan’s place, who recommended the Kreiger’s have Cotton live with a muzzle. Unfortunately the family had tried that, and the dog seemed able to wriggle out of them given time.
Absolutely disgusting and proof that his methods do not work. Poor animal.
Becky
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
OMG that is sick
Obviously some way or another his fans will be able to make that a huge success or something
File the teeth down!! So if its a bit bouncy and his pinning down dosent work then tying its feet together will fix it!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
and I also forgot to mention the numbers of dogs that have been abused, traumatised and attacked their owners who have used these methods as well.
If you can't see how abusive this man is then I really feel for the dogs of anyone who believes his methods are a acceptable.
becky
I have three very happy dogs, who beleive me were terrified creatures when i first had them. I have used CM methods with them and my foster dogs, they are effective and im happy to say my fosterdogs/pups have all found long term families and are thriving, This comment is nonsense!
I respect that CM is not for everyone, but please dont condem those who have felt its good and works for them.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I have three very happy dogs, who beleive me were terrified creatures when i first had them. I have used CM methods with them and my foster dogs, they are effective and im happy to say my fosterdogs/pups have all found long term families and are thriving, This comment is nonsense!
I respect that CM is not for everyone, but please dont condem those who have felt its good and works for them.
Which methods of CMs did you use?

I'm asking because those who do support him often say they use his methods, but when asked, only use the basic "exercise...." etc but not pinning and alpha rollling and half choking.

Wys
x
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Which methods of CMs did you use?

I'm asking because those who do support him often say they use his methods, but when asked, only use the basic "exercise...." etc but not pinning and alpha rollling and half choking.

Wys
x
I have used most of his techniques and have used The alpha Roll with success and pinning. Not sure what you mean by half choking though?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I have used most of his techniques and have used The alpha Roll with success and pinning. Not sure what you mean by half choking though?
For what behaviours did you feel the need to alpha roll?? and pin? and what differences did you see after?
Closed Thread
Page 39 of 84 « First < 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 > Last »