View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Also no excited voices here unless I want Teg to go through the roof!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Regarding the excited voices, I have to use that sometimes to get any life in my sleeping dog
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 06:23 PM
There's 40mins I'll never see again...
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Ok episode, that cocker sized dog sleeping in a crate the size of my cats box, I dont think is very good tbh, I agree its confidence in your voice etc. not sure id leave my dog there to run about with a bunch of large males when I wasnt there!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm surprised they didn't have proper kennel runs. The two men didn't seem to be particularly clued up about dogs. Personally I'd have liked to have seen a bit more if the collie and her trainer. It was nice to finally see some reward based training and the girl did better at the end with her yorkie than I thought she would.

Overall I'm getting a bit fed up with this series. The owners generally annoy me, the majority of the training methods make me angry and the episodes are getting more boring. Not sure I'll even bother to watch next week
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Just watched it. Didn't like it much.

Big groups of unfamiliar dogs running together with humping seen and fighting mentioned.

Really didn't like the repeated bits at the beginning that somehow "famous people's dogs" are more important than those belonging to "normal" people.

Hated the tiny night crates which some dogs clearly had to toilet in as they were being hosed out the next morning.

Didn't like the look of the sloppy poo being picked up- implies a stressed or unwell dog.

Nothing "unique" about pulling up on a lead while pulling down on a rump for "sit".

Pinch collar on the St Bernard during the tennis ball ad.

Claimed success re the dogs sit/stay and watch the ball but the fail was with the three dogs, the success was with a single dog, but this difference was skipped over.

Similarly in the "before" she couldn't call the Yorkie back from an active distraction when running loose and paying her no attention.
"After" it was a highly structured sit/stay/come, without any distractions, with the dog already focused on her and stationary- progress certainly and as such to be applauded, but not a true before/after comparison, as with changing the terms of the three dog/one dog ad to create a greater impression of "instant" improvement than might have truly been the case.

I also wondered if they had the permission of the owners of their boarding dogs to use them for adverts?

Other than that I guess it wasn't too bad

Is it just me or does anyone else think in many cases the blame often appears to lie with the parents who brought these owners up from children to be so spoilt, so lacking in commitment and in taking responsibility and to give up so easily as soon as anything becomes a little too like hard work?

Re excited voices, dogs have an optimal energy/excitement level for working. Dogs at too low a level for the job in hand need energising by voice to engage, motivate, interest them while overly excitable dogs for the task need a calming voice to settle and focus them.

Even the same dog may well need an excitable voice for e.g recall but a calm, steadying voice for e.g. down/stay.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Tass;2523644]Just watched it. Didn't like it much.

Is it just me or does anyone else think in many cases the blame often appears to lie with the parents who brought these owners up from children to be so spoilt, so lacking in commitment and in taking responsibility and to give up so easily as soon as anything becomes a little too like hard work?
QUOTE]

Yes-I thought this too. As a child I was very ill with asthma and my doctor said I would never be able to have a dog. However, my Mum and Dad allowed me to have an adult Cairn terrier that needed a new home when I was 16 after looking at which breeds would be best for an asthmatic. I was told that the dog would be my responsibility though with walking and training and caring for him.
Some of the so-called "adults" on this programme seem to be very immature but their parents may be at fault in letting them get away with it! If my parents had said no I could not have a dog I would not have dared to go out and get one like the woman in the most recent programme!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=Kerryowner;2523658]
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Just watched it. Didn't like it much.

QUOTE]

Yes-I thought this too. As a child I was very ill with asthma and my doctor said I would never be able to have a dog. However, my Mum and Dad allowed me to have an adult Cairn terrier that needed a new home when I was 16 after looking at which breeds would be best for an asthmatic. I was told that the dog would be my responsibility though with walking and training and caring for him.
Some of the so-called "adults" on this programme seem to be very immature but their parents may be at fault in letting them get away with it! If my parents had said no I could not have a dog I would not have dared to go out and get one like the woman in the most recent programme!
I think this happens when parents are full of empty threats tbh. That girls mum told the cameras that she told her if she got the dog she would not be living with them. But she did get the dog and she was living with them even though she had been warned and both her mum and step dad were not happy....
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I didn't find this interesting at all and only saw some bits of it. The bits I did I didn't enjoy - the dogs seemed pretty stressed out in that situation, and there was such a lot of humping it seemed.

Wys
x
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
This was the first episode I actually managed to watch - those poor dogs in the weeny night time crates and they were put in them so early. I think they said 8.30pm, so no wonder some of the crates need cleaning in the morning!!

Far, far too many dogs with not enough supervision for my liking.
Page 38 of 43 « First < 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 > Last »