View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-10-2011, 03:12 PM
First you must ask your self Is he good looking and he must not be a bed because dog piss do smell abit when left and all so dose he give nice cuddles.
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't like leaving them downstairs at night incase their is (god forbid) a fire or we are burgled (no good as guard dogs but may be harmed or even killed!), so they sleep in my room, the two little ones at the foot of my bed and the bigger one under the bed. Don't have them under the covers or anything and they lie on a their own blanket that is lay over my bedding.
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by border pop View Post
I don't like leaving them downstairs at night incase their is (god forbid) a fire or we are burgled (no good as guard dogs but may be harmed or even killed!), so they sleep in my room, the two little ones at the foot of my bed and the bigger one under the bed. Don't have them under the covers or anything and they lie on a their own blanket that is lay over my bedding.
Sorry I thought you were trying to tell us something about your dogs behavier and of course your owen.LOL
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Mine all sleep downstairs. They are allowed upstairs & on the bed on the day I am tidying/cleaning the bedrooms & changing sheets/duvet & thats it. They don't need to be upstairs, they have enough room downstairs and have enough hair to clear up from downstairs without it being up there aswell!
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Sorry I thought you were trying to tell us something about your dogs behavier and of course your owen.LOL
My sisters dog is the arsonist, turned the electric cooker on by jumping up to steal off the worktop and set a tea towel alight
marianne38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2011, 05:11 PM
My golden retriever farts and snores, so definitely sleeps downstairs, but then so does hubby.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
How do you guys manage to cope with all the dog hair? All I do is hoover up dog hair downstairs never mind having it all over the bed too!!!
lol, ive given up stessin with a house full of sleddies...wooden floors are great lol
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 11:18 AM
All my dogs have slept on the bed and I still have my nose intact. The nearest to injuries I ever had were my long gone cat who used to sleep in the small of my back and stick her claws in my bum if I was in danger of rolling on her.

However, I won't stand for any growling or grumping from them either to me or the other dog. I had a mother and daughter who I adopted when they were older. I drove across the width of northern england to get the daughter back from a rescue centre, so they were seperated for a few months.

They were always on the verge of a fight as both wanted to be top bitch in the house. Well, maybe top canine bitch as I reminded them frequently that the biggest bitch in my house was me! I shut mommy out of the bedroom for 2 weeks when she decided daughter was not allowed on the bed with us. We had not so much as a growl under the breath on the bed after that and one slept near my feet, one near my head for 7 years.

My two boys (chow chow and the current TM) never wanted to sleep on the bed. All the girls have slept on the bed. In summer they come and go in the night from the bed to the rug to the chair. In winter they snuggle up and steal the duvet!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2011, 01:32 PM
On the bed but not in it, although Little One used to sometimes appear as a tiny lump under the duvet sometimes in the winter if she thought she could get away with it. During the day, that is but never at night. Pereg has never tried to get in it, just sleeps on top. She cannot get into the bedroom during the day now as I have a "gate" across the doorway, but that is mainly for her safety.

The top sheet in the summer [and the cover of the duvet when needed in the winter] do get hairs on them but either they come off in the washing machine [and the filter is easy enough to clean] or in the tumble drier - and again any stray hairs are trapped in the filter and just brush off.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
lol, ive given up stessin with a house full of sleddies...wooden floors are great lol
i have wooden floors downstairs too.............love the "tumbleweed" moments when a huge ball of hair and dust decides to randomly blow by!!
Page 37 of 45 « First < 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »