Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jeltz View Post
Nope but glossing through it seems as though "next Tuesday" is involved so maybe it will be resolved by then.
I genuinely made that mistake once!! I thought someone was going to see someone else next Tuesday!! I felt SUCH a prat when it was explained to me ... and at my age, the naiveity!!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Whilst I am not a swearer I would find it hard to be civil to someone who allowed their dog to attack mine and if it happened more than once I think I would be justified in that.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Whilst I am not a swearer I would find it hard to be civil to someone who allowed their dog to attack mine and if it happened more than once I think I would be justified in that.
I did not allow it, that is a ridiculous thing to say. It was my fault it happened, but I certainly did not allow it. Poor choice of word.

I never hard it find to be civil to anyone - even our next door neighbours, if we ever get back to speaking without the use of 4 letter words on her behalf. I would jump at the opportunity to kiss and make up, literally. My husband feels differently, but all I ask is that she apologises to me and it will all be forgotten.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 12:43 PM
If you allow a DA dog to be off lead in an area he will meet other dogs then you allowed it to happen. One thing you learn really fast with DA dogs is never take a chance never.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 12:47 PM
How in the heck is this thread still going?

Gnasher, I would keep a diary of any abuse they give you from now on if you haven't already. You may need it for future reference if they refuse to stop.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
If you allow a DA dog to be off lead in an area he will meet other dogs then you allowed it to happen. One thing you learn really fast with DA dogs is never take a chance never.
Yup ... I've learned!! Never had a DA dog, so it's been hard, but I think it's sunk into the grey matter now!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
How in the heck is this thread still going?

Gnasher, I would keep a diary of any abuse they give you from now on if you haven't already. You may need it for future reference if they refuse to stop.
Doing it ... OH is very savvy re legalities. A pure guess of course, but I don't think this is going to stop, and we will need to take matters further.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 02:09 PM
How long has Ben been DA?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
How long has Ben been DA?
Hello Heather, wondered when you would pop up !

Always apparently - sorry to disappoint you!! And the answer to the question you are dying to ask is "no", it was BEFORE" that.

It was just when we took him on, he was so good with other dogs, and we were lulled into false security really. What it was, we discovered, was that he was terrified of Tai, whilst at the same time having several fights with him. Once the pack dimensions were established in that Tai was the boss, we then started to have the situation of Ben becoming Tai's right hand man, his Adjutant if you like, and he started to show aggression towards other large male dogs, but not small dogs or females. As he and Tai became closer and bonded more and more, this got worse. It took us some time to work out, but I think we've got to the bottom of it.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Hello Heather, wondered when you would pop up !

Always apparently - sorry to disappoint you!! And the answer to the question you are dying to ask is "no", it was BEFORE" that.

It was just when we took him on, he was so good with other dogs, and we were lulled into false security really. What it was, we discovered, was that he was terrified of Tai, whilst at the same time having several fights with him. Once the pack dimensions were established in that Tai was the boss, we then started to have the situation of Ben becoming Tai's right hand man, his Adjutant if you like, and he started to show aggression towards other large male dogs, but not small dogs or females. As he and Tai became closer and bonded more and more, this got worse. It took us some time to work out, but I think we've got to the bottom of it.
So let me get this right. It was when you were using the ecollar then, as in your blog about it, that is when Tai and Ben became good friends. and the fighting stopped.
Page 37 of 51 « First < 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 > Last »