View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I didn't enjoy tonights...infact I went out to make a cuppa. If those cages are sleeping compartments I'd never leave my dogs there

The girl got on my nerves TBH with her pouting but fair play at the end her little yorkie looked like it was enjoying the training.

I have to say though I don't use excited voices here Azz......but thats because my lot get all wound up with a ''ok whats going on...where how why!!!!! but thats Collies for you. I (so everyone tells me) have the ''voice'' and when that ''voice'' is used, mine get the picture...''pay attention''

I didn't like the whole running of dogs out the door all together either, they kept saying 'so you left them to fight' although I didn't see a fight I can imagine it would take place at times. All in all OK episode but was boring in places
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It also appeared to me that the dogs slept in those tiny travel crates when they weren't out running in big packs.
From what I gather from US contacts, this isn't unusual over there... in preference to wire crates.

Originally Posted by louise! View Post
When the girl was struggling to get the collie actor to go to his mark they were quick to blame her lack of confidence...
Her voice just wasn't right to me, at the start - she seemed to be asking him not telling him. But.... I did notice she got used to the 'telling' later on... and then the dog did it.

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Just what I said to Jamie! Too many dogs running about together that are unfamiliar to each other for my liking.
mmmm yes, not keen either... but bear in mind it is Hollywood and there's been a lot of influence over there by a certain US dog trainer on TV... as evidenced when the dog climbed on Holly's head. Yeah sure it's dominating her, as they said (or just trying to escape from a klutz that can't handle animals).

I have to say I liked it in the end... they got the dogs motivated, interested, focussed. And did you notice when they started out, they gave commands but didn't follow them up with any verbal praise.....

But by the end they seemed well into the groove of thanking the dog/s with a Good dog! Good Boy! Good Sit! and I really liked that, something I have noticed a lot of people don't bother with, but the dog needs to hear approval.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
Bit of a rubbish/boring episode I thought. When the girl was struggling to get the collie actor to go to his mark they were quick to blame her lack of confidence but I'm pretty sure it was actually down to her accent, how quickly she said the words so they all jumbled together and the fact she said "go to yer mark" when he was responding to "go on your mark".

Didn't like the sleeping in tiny crates, having so many dogs running around together with little to no supervision at times, and the way the bloke taught sit by pushing down on their rears and didn't offer any reward other than "now pet him" Lots of little hints at pack mentality and 'now he's trying to dominate you' rubbish.

I definitely would not pay to have my dog stay at their little boarding kennels/day care thing. I wouldn't want my dog running around on astroturf with hardly any supervision, in with what looked to be 20-30 dogs at a time in the hot sun and then forced into tiny crates at night. Hardly any focus on the actual dogs which is what made the last few episodes enjoyable. Next weeks looks interesting!
Totally agree
I didnt really see the point of the guys they were staying with, basically teaching them to scoop poo - and their 'special method' for teaching 'sit'
It was pretty dull watching the other thing was pretty dull, also I am fed up with the whole 'right tone of voice'
I think they are just setting them up too fail - let them first give a few rewards and let the know the dog they are to play with the new person and it would have been OK
They dont even see the contradiction showing the dog can do the job with hand signals then saying they are not doing things cos they are using the wrong tone of voice
All sorts of people can work my dogs - with all sorts of tones of voice
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2012, 11:58 PM
I think Holly could get away with most things with me...
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I think Holly could get away most things with me...
HAHAHHA!!! Oh god HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA.

I didn't mind this episode, just felt it a bit dry? next weeks looks good though
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Bored out of my skull.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:12 AM
I didn't like the sleeping arrangements and how big the groups were unsupervised, but I did like seeing the acting dogs in action and the positive methods.
Really excited to see the sled dogs though
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:26 AM
The sled dogs episode looks really interesting. I suppose I just prefer to see dogs doing "real" jobs.

I just felt rather sorry for the dogs last night. The initial episodes have all been about dogs with worthwhile jobs that use their natural instincts and behaviours - but it was all a bit dull and false for me last night. I am sure all the dogs get well treated etc, but this wasn't "working" dogs as I personally like to see them.

Roll on next week
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I think Holly could get away with most things with me...
Hahaha! Perhaps until she opened her mouth?! (Nice but dim?)
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Boring! I would never let my dogs stay there. Big groups, little supervision and tiny boxes to sleep in.
I think it would have been much more interesting if they'd stayed with one of the trainers that trained their dogs for programs and actually showed some of the training!

Looking forward to next week, another thing I'd like to have a go at.
Page 37 of 43 « First < 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »