Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Lighten up!
The original title of this thread is "Pit Bulls kill woman. (Is this happening too often?)

Obviously, the answer is "No." There are still a lot of women about.

Snorri

(scarpers)
There's always one lol!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I was neither nit picking, pedantic or making it personal.
borderdawn made statements based on her observation of pitbulls apparently boarded by her, I wanted to establish whether this was the case. As it seems unlikely based on the info given. Totally relevant to the thread discussion.
If that's the case, why have you not questioned everyone else on this thread of their involvement with the breed too ?

Malady Im not sure why you of all people have chosen to make comment on my posts regarding other members
Because it just seemed to be going on and on and on and on, when Dawn has answered many times, but maybe not in the way you would like !

If im ever guilty of the things claimed Im more than happy to be asked to stay on topic and use the PM function by admin or moderators. until then I'll carry on with the same relevance to the thread not getting any answers
But that's my point. It bears no relevance to the thread, only personally to Dawn.

No, I'm not a mod or admin, I still see no reason why I cannot ask politely (as I did) to take a personal issue to PM ! and I thought you said you weren't being pedantic !
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:19 PM
What point sal? I have showed you pictures of some of the dogs I have boarded before, you yourself said you thought all but one was a Pit Bull, did you not?
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
If that's the case, why have you not questioned everyone else on this thread of their involvement with the breed too ?

because everyone else who made claims didnt say anything to undermine themsleves. Dawn said she has boarded dozens of pibulls in the past 15yrs, despite the fact they are subject to the DDA. so it was not and still is not clear whether they were pitbulls or only dogs she perceived to be pitbull. Given she made statements regarding the temperament/behaviour of these dogs as pitbull. I feel it should be ascertained whether or not they are pb or not. totally relevant.

Because it just seemed to be going on and on and on and on, when Dawn has answered many times, but maybe not in the way you would like !

I dont ask until I get an answer I want, I was asking til I got an answer to what I asked.

No, I'm not a mod or admin, I still see no reason why I cannot ask politely (as I did) to take a personal issue to PM ! and I thought you said you weren't being pedantic
!
yes and you could have PMd to ask, although you were polite.
My replies in red.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorry Callum, they were all mongrels/crossbreeds, I was wrong. Dont know what Im talking about, never boarded one before, ever.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:32 PM
My replies in red.
Callum, I'm not a mod or admin, therefore why would I PM you. I was asking as a member openly involved in this thread !

Again, Dawn's personal experiences dont come into it. Her original post was asking a general query (not personal one) and asking for people's thoughts. She didnt state her own personal opinion on the matter until you asked for it.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What point sal? I have showed you pictures of some of the dogs I have boarded before, you yourself said you thought all but one was a Pit Bull, did you not?
I just thought he had a point regarding the thread,i admit the pics you sent me did all bar one look like pitts but without knowing the parentage you can never say 100%.

I wonder just how many pure Pitts we have in the uk with nothing mixed in.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I just thought he had a point regarding the thread,i admit the pics you sent me did all bar one look like pitts but without knowing the parentage you can never say 100%.

I wonder just how many pure Pitts we have in the uk with nothing mixed in.
Well considering there are dozens of breeders of them, I would say there are a fair few
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I have no problem with Borderdawn having boarded them, I just wanted to know if it was indeed the case as it was unclear...
Dawn however offered her opinion of pitbull behaviour/temperament based on the pitbulls she had boarded.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I have no problem with Borderdawn having boarded them, I just wanted to know if it was indeed the case as it was unclear...
Dawn however offered her opinion of pitbull behaviour/temperament based on the pitbulls she had boarded.
Callum, look, they were not Pit Bulls OK, they were crossbreeds, nothing more.
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 37 « First < 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 >