Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I know plenty of exceptional and exceptionally experienced trainers who would recommend doing just that as long as the dog is supervised and the dog has something'to do' whilst benched.
can I ask ramble, under what sort of circumstance would this be advised?
its not something I have ever considered, nor have I ever know dogs that needed this sort of training.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
but thats just it, i have only been directed to one or two good posts about him since he was an 8 week old baby, i haven't turned on Pidge, i'm just frustrated, that people seem to have wasted their time and effort thinking of ways to help, when actually this whole post was about Pidge not woody at all.
Now I understand - you wanted to help with the dog, but didn't realise you might have been helping Pidge with her problems inadvertently?

IME many behavioural problems with dogs are essentially down to the owner (which Pidge has owned on several occasions). I don't understand why that would be such a shock?

I don't really see how anyone has wasted their time. After all these threads are archived and are accessible to anyone who wants to read them.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I think what people may be worried about is Pidge has chosen to put her money and faith in a trainers that said he may need to be PTS what happens if she takes their advice no one here wants to see a 8 month old pup PTS.
But Pidge has said she won't have him PTS...she made that clear.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I think what people may be worried about is Pidge has chosen to put her money and faith in a trainers that said he may need to be PTS what happens if she takes their advice no one here wants to see a 8 month old pup PTS.
Did we ever find out who actually said that?

And is people were worried about that why not be congruent and just come out and ask?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I was just surprised at the sudden U-turn by a few members who decided today to have a go just because Pidge was feeling better.
I don't think anyone 'decided today to have a go' .

If you post on a forum expect a response. You may not like the response but that can't be helped, to me the welfare of a puppy is more important than upsetting the sensibilities of another adult.

Speaking for myself I try to give support when it is needed and as with my children if they need a reality check I will give that too ..
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
can I ask ramble, under what sort of circumstance would this be advised?
its not something I have ever considered, nor have I ever know dogs that needed this sort of training.
With young, bouncy attention seeking dogs who need to learn to calm down and stay still.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I don't think anyone 'decided today to have a go' .

Of course they decided to. They chose to post what they posted. Unless someone was holding a gun to their head and forced them to type?

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]If you post on a forum expect a response. You may not like the response but that can't be helped,
That's a pretty standard answer on here

Anyhoo, I've said what I needed to say. Feel much better now thanks lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
With young, bouncy attention seeking dogs who need to learn to calm down and stay still.

but would you not just get a puppy flinging its self around on the end of a rope tied to a radiator?

I had the bad luck once of seeing a young horse force tied, I felt sick.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Did we ever find out who actually said that?

And is people were worried about that why not be congruent and just come out and ask?

We did many times.. maybe you missed that bit
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
We did many times.. maybe we missed that bit
Ah ok. Thanks for that.
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 44 « First < 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 > Last »