View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Julie Bedford and the Blue Cross are down as consultant..
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Agree with everything everyone has said
but
I would so love a couple of dogs, a quad bike, wide open space and a job to do

Hmm do you think we could do big scale agility with quad bikes?? that *might* tire out my dogs
You should train to be a shepherd then
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
I couldn't believe the cat bit Eddie got so angry at it ( he called that man a fair few colourful names ) he had to stop watching.
I don't know if things are different now in sheep shearing here, but when I've seen it done on farms it certainly wasn't like they do it in Australia !, that was outrageous, throwing them about the place whilst heavily pregnant .

I did love Chunk the Staffie, what a gorgeous big lump of dog. I think the bit with him on the bunker was done for the camera's, with his age and build I'd be very surprised if he got up there himself
The sheep last night were being dagged - ie just the mucky wool around their back ends was shorn off (full clipping is not done when ewes are heavy in lamb). They were handled extremely roughly and I can only imagine this is the norm when there are hundreds to get through - absolutely no excuse for it. I have never seen such rough treatment in this country (not saying it doesn't happen though).
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Yep. I feel very sorry for the breed in general at the moment.

My heart sinks a little when I see a certain 'type' of owner with a Northern breed puppy. I've watched several of those 'types' of owners around here and all mysteriously vanished after they hit 6-7 months of age.
Unfortunately they do seem to be a fashion accessory for a certain type of owner
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
The trainer looked like he was going to be sick when she drove that quad in with the cows. Yerg.

The other Lad needed to stop being a lazy useless appendage and grow up - Thought he did great. His Missus has got one less kid in the house.

One lucky cat.
Don't just stand there you dope... One dog kicked that off.
Unsurprising really when you think she could have been seriously injured or worse. I wonder how much animal husbandry training (and safety advice around cattle!) they had prior to being thrown in at the deep end
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
No but its on later tonight 5 past 12
Grr-I thought they were repeating it at the same time as they did last week which was 8pm but they have changed it!
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Anyone else notice how the bloke came out to scare the dogs off the cat by holding his hand up in a 'i'm going to hit you' manner? And the alpha rolling

All that aside though, those dogs were amazingly trained. I always think watching dogs work sheep is fantastic, the amount of control and bond between dog and handler is just so impressive

I felt so sorry for Zeus the husky. It was clear he was outside in that poxy little yard for the majority of his life and had no exercise or stimulation whatsoever.

And yeah the cat bit was horrific I'm not sure why all the blame was on the lad though, I wouldn't want to try and scatter a pack of 6 cat hungry dogs singlehandedly with no dog experience to speak of either.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Grr-I thought they were repeating it at the same time as they did last week which was 8pm but they have changed it!
That was yesterday ....(wed)
Tonight. Thu 3 May 2012 its
00:25
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
Anyone else notice how the bloke came out to scare the dogs off the cat by holding his hand up in a 'i'm going to hit you' manner? And the alpha rolling

All that aside though, those dogs were amazingly trained. I always think watching dogs work sheep is fantastic, the amount of control and bond between dog and handler is just so impressive

I felt so sorry for Zeus the husky. It was clear he was outside in that poxy little yard for the majority of his life and had no exercise or stimulation whatsoever.

And yeah the cat bit was horrific I'm not sure why all the blame was on the lad though, I wouldn't want to try and scatter a pack of 6 cat hungry dogs singlehandedly with no dog experience to speak of either.
I agree. I don't think most people would know how to react exactly in that situation, even if they were their own dogs. When dogs get into that fixated 'zone' it can be very difficult to break their focus. Blocking/physically removing one or maybe two dogs may be possible, but one person versus 6 dogs (or however many there were) is extremely difficult.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree with some of the above, the owners of the dogs who they listened to should have come and sorted the situation before it got out of hand, and shouldn't have left a novice with 6 dogs off a lead.
Page 33 of 43 « First < 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 > Last »