Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Only the bad breeders like puppyfarmers and bybs - are we not all united on that????? Who on this forum or any other dog forum would possibly agree with them?
I would hope so.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:41 AM
My comments were to Tassle who said that I was being defensive - as for why I put it, I was going on what SHE had written back a while - I just love the way your immaturity shows through -
I am not entertaining your behaviour anymore - I can see you for what you are and you are not worth the bother. Have a good life.
Unfortunately you have shown yourself as childish, you may not see that, that is fine, but you may think about why you get the responses you do.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
So you own a designer dog then too ?
But not from a puppy farm...i cant say that about any of my dogs none bought from puppy farms.
And even if they were it would be my fault for not doing my research on the dog in the first place.
I own a dog who has been given a name which I choose not to use. He was not intentional and if I had been looking for one I would certainly have done a lot more research (I guess you could say I was doing research when I acquired him)

I would not call him a designer dog....but he is one who people have jumped on to produce and charge lots of money for.

As to yourself - if you can help to educate people towards the type you have chose then great - I have nothing against that.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Unfortunately you have shown yourself as childish, you may not see that, that is fine, but you may think about why you get the responses you do.
YAWN
YAWN YAWN
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I own a dog who has been given a name which I choose not to use. He was not intentional and if I had been looking for one I would certainly have done a lot more research (I guess you could say I was doing research when I acquired him)

I would not call him a designer dog....but he is one who people have jumped on to produce and charge lots of money for.

As to yourself - if you can help to educate people towards the type you have chose then great - I have nothing against that.

We dont choose to use that name either they are crossbreeds,nothing more nothing less.
We are not all bad people because we own this type of dog and not all breeders are bad either.
Just because you have had a bad experience doesn't give you the right to make us all feel bad.
Perhaps you are very angry about your dog which i can understand but its not all the other crossbreeder owners fault.
At the end of the day you have this dog and i am sure you love it just like we love ours.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Wow, I havent got time to read all the replies, as I've got to walk the hounds in a bit. I have never seen any poodle cross from health tested parents, and I have met too many, only two looked the same, only one didn't moult only one was calm and well behaved only two people have said that they would have another one, but to me what speaks volumes is the man who originally gave the name to the 'labradoodle' saying he regrets what has come from it, and the struggle to find suitable puppy walkers for the dogs originally bred until the name was given, and how he was worried no-one would be found and his 'experiment' being wasted as he needed people to give these pups a chance to get use to everything before being trained for the woman in Hawai (blonde moment can't spell).
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol
Hows your Salhound/Greyluki or could we even add a couple of letters and have Greyt luck or do all sighthound mixes say they are too dignified for that like Honey does
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:59 AM
We dont choose to use that name either they are crossbreeds,nothing more nothing less.
We are not all bad people because we own this type of dog and not all breeders are bad either.
Just because you have had a bad experience doesn't give you the right to make us all feel bad.
Perhaps you are very angry about your dog which i can understand but its not all the other crossbreeder owners fault.
At the end of the day you have this dog and i am sure you love it just like we love ours.
I am not angry about my dog I do not think you do not love you dogs .... I have 5 here....only one is a purebreed, that does not mean I love the other 4 less

I am sorry you feel bad. But again...NO where have I said you are bad people...and if you read back...i have stated a few times that I have NO issues with people responsibly producing these dogs.
However - I can understand why people who choose to Keep Labs, Goldies and or poodles do though.
I get upset when I see BCs crossed with poodles (which is happening more and more) Border collies are great dogs in their own right, as are poodles. I cannot see the need for crossing them - although I know many people who like to compete at the ABC agility do.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Why would I ask that question? I know the answer to that, but as John is new to this forum (although he joined because I had previously said how great it was) he obviously felt that way - why not ask him when he comes back on? Sometimes you do not make sense you know and this is one of them
Well seeing as you say you both have better things to do, it does seem strange that he goes to the bother of joining to ask a question when he could have just asked you the question.
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I am not angry about my dog I do not think you do not love you dogs .... I have 5 here....only one is a purebreed, that does not mean I love the other 4 less

I am sorry you feel bad. But again...NO where have I said you are bad people...and if you read back...i have stated a few times that I have NO issues with people responsibly producing these dogs.
I can understand why people who choose to Keep Labs, Goldies and or poodles do though.
I get upset when I see BCs crossed with poodles (which is happening more and more) Border collies are great dogs in their own right, as are poodles. I cannot see the need for crossing them - although I know many people who like to compete at the ABC agility do.
I own 3 Border Collies which are all fab dogs.
I also have a Toy Poodle.
Along with them i have 3 Crossbreeds.
One of my Border Collies was operated on by Noel Fitzpatrick at a very young age,and my Toy Poodle i rescued last year has Cushing Disease.
Its sad that my dogs had to go through with this pain.
Elmo had growing pains but now is fine.
So really i could be a little cross about my Border Collie and my Toy Poodle.
But whats the point i just get on with it and give them the care and love they need.
So would i choose crossbreeds over these types of dogs,i probably would now.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I own 3 Border Collies which are all fab dogs.
I also have a Toy Poodle.
Along with them i have 3 Crossbreeds.
One of my Border Collies was operated on by Noel Fitzpatrick at a very young age,and my Toy Poodle i rescued last year has Cushing Disease.
Its sad that my dogs had to go through with this pain.
Elmo had growing pains but now is fine.
So really i could be a little cross about my Border Collie and my Toy Poodle.
But whats the point i just get on with it and give them the care and love they need.
So would i choose crossbreeds over these types of dogs,i probably would now.
...and one of my crosses has a twisted spine (eta - that she was born with)
I would quite understand you getting cross about bad breeding practices within BCs (I do quite often - epilepsy in lines, breeding from known carriers breeding just for colour)
Added to that - they are often sold into unsuitable homes. I get very upset by the number you see in rescue.
...if this thread was about that I would be saying the same thing! I would defend my breeder and encourage people to look towards people like her rather than some other big breeders I know about. I would never suggest people go for a cross because of my bad experiences.
Page 33 of 53 « First < 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 > Last »