View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
300roses
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2010, 08:03 AM
We call our gal, "Rossi". My hubby was the one who gave her this name. He named her after a particular motogp bike racer whom he idolizes.
Jen D
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I've got a Chocolate Labrador called Bailey & it means 'Guardian of others property' which i thought was really appropriate for a dog oh & i really liked the name lol. The only thing which really annoys me is people saying 'oh you named him after the drink'! Noooo i didn't as i hate the stuff lol.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Going back a few years now..
Can't really remember with Florrie, she was Dodo for a while as was very dim as a puppy, and then became Flora which had to change as a friend was named it and took offense Florrie it was, though Flo is the usual point of refference, she's never really been a Florrie!
Ralph aka Rickelener Alfie...thus Ralphy/Ralph..also after the cartoon Rotten Ralph..regular dogsey readers won't question this too much
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:57 PM
katie was just because we liked the name and keisha because she looked like a black ewok(from star wars)so we searched ewok names one came up kneesha but my husband said he liked keisha better
ilovemydogx
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2010, 04:07 PM
My black dogs name is sunny, because she loves the sun , and my white dog the shiz ztu is called molly, i just liked the name. xxx
Shaylas mum
New Member!
Female 

31-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Lacey (small lurcher) had her name already when we adopted her from a friend of a friend who was going to put her into rescue.
New pup booked but not at home with us yet is Shayla which is Africaans for gift and she is my birthday gift.
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Charlie was named so because her ears were sooo big as a puppy (you could guess who after)
Dennis ... cos he's a menace.
Bill ... cos a friend didn't think we'd name a dog after him .. so we did
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 07:34 PM
He was called Ted by the rescue centre we thought it suited him so kept it. He certainly is a teddy bear
bolty boy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Karma is called Karma because i like different names and at the time i didnt know any other Karma, Im not really sure what made me choose the name..I spose i just liked it, and it suits her.

Zani, when rescued was called Zoe and im not keen on human names for dogs, she was still young when we took her on and i wanted a fresh start for her so changing her name was always what i wanted to do.
She is a mad, crazy, terror of a dog and Zani just suited her, she is Zani in the way she never sits still, always booming around the place. The name was suggested by my mum with a few others..and Zani was just fitting, and is what she has been ever since

Mum choose the name for all the other dogs, as by right their hers. Although Star was choosen by the son of a forum member i meet on another forum, His mum (the forum member) passed away, and when he asked if he could choose our newest pups name it was the last thing we could do to put a smile on his face, he was only 5 at the time, he did a list of 40 names and gave us his two fav, one being Star and the other Juno, as she was a girl we went with Star..he was so pleased and said 'she is named after my mum who is a star in the sky'
we also had her KC name as Urban Star to fit in with it
That is so cute what you did for that little boy warms the heart knowing there are people out there who would do that for a child at such a sad time xx
bolty boy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Cassie was my JRT name,not sure where that came from but my nan named her!
Bolt is my siberian huskies name,yes,from the disney film,and I chose it,not the kids! I thought it was a good strong name,and nooo he dosent bolt either,hes very good off lead lol!!
Zala is our new siberian huskies name,we havent got her yet but are due to have her in 5 weeks,decided on the name before she was even born,it means beautiful,which this breed truely is
Page 32 of 46 « First < 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 > Last »