View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Ohhhh noooooo Just got back from a lovely weekend at my parents and some swine outbid me by £5 for S55 SET

Now, I've really got the hump and got to start looking all over again cos I've decided that I really, really want one
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Ohhhh noooooo Just got back from a lovely weekend at my parents and some swine outbid me by £5 for S55 SET

Now, I've really got the hump and got to start looking all over again cos I've decided that I really, really want one
Awww pants, I was sure you were going to say you had won it.
Oh well we will have to see what else we can find you
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
The point being AZZ, its your money, you spend it on what you like.

If you want to spend , and have the money on a plate worth 20,000 then its your business.. no one else's..and neither should , you be made to feel the money would be better spent giving it to charity.

Dont forget of you have 20,000 spare, you are proberbly paying a hefty wack in national insurance anyway.
So are already giving back to society.

RE- the investment.. the more expensive they are , the more they go up in value.

As for the money contributing to a better standard of life, , by buying a more expensive home... well that will be obvious... if you can afford the 1 million home or the 20,000 plate... you will already be living that standard of life.

No its not so bad, you are entitled to your opinion.. just like my hubby , he would not bother with one either.

But there are ways of expressing your opinion...and when it is accompanied with

It seems to be more of a dig than an opinion.

As most of the members on this thread either have or would have one..its a little tactless

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well people can spend their money on what they want. What about Play stations, games etc.. people spend an absolute fortune on these things and they are of absolutely no benefit at all to the "owners" and will never gain in value like many number plates will. Like people wanting a pedigree dog instead of a crossbreed, its their choice and their money. If it pleases them and harms nobody else, why not?
I never once said people should or shouldn't get them - all I said is what _I_ would be comfortable doing.

Personally I just couldn't justify a PNP so easily. More on a house, yes (better standard of living) games consoles, yes (actual fun and enjoyment by playing them with friends/family, whilst improving your hand to eye co-ordination and stimulating your brain/senses) photography, yes (capturing beauty/nature is priceless to me). But a PNP? It just doesn't add or provide anything of real value _to me_

If we all thought the same it would be a boring place! And if my or anyone else's posts makes someone think about something then that is a good thing - that's the whole point of having a discussion, to hear other people's thoughts on the topic, and engage it dialogue should you so wish.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I never once said people should or shouldn't get them - all I said is what _I_ would be comfortable doing.

Personally I just couldn't justify a PNP so easily. More on a house, yes (better standard of living) games consoles, yes (actual fun and enjoyment by playing them with friends/family, whilst improving your hand to eye co-ordination and stimulating your brain/senses) photography, yes (capturing beauty/nature is priceless to me). But a PNP? It just doesn't add or provide anything of real value _to me_

If we all thought the same it would be a boring place! And if my or anyone else's posts makes someone think about something then that is a good thing - that's the whole point of having a discussion, to hear other people's thoughts on the topic, and engage it dialogue should you so wish.
I take it you have one then? You enjoy it, thats great. I certainly agree that it would be boring if we all agreed. My sister and brother in law have one of those wii things, they enjoy that, I find it knackering!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Azz

That's debatable someone sitS glued to a computer game all day long, no fresh air... no exersice....mmmmmmm,

Point being... YOUR money... YOUR Choice !!!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:27 AM
I know what a big fancy house can get you that a PP can't...

BIG debts!! you don't have to mend the roof on a PP..or sort the garden or pay the mortgage!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
games consoles, yes (actual fun and enjoyment by playing them with friends/family, whilst improving your hand to eye co-ordination and stimulating your brain/senses)
Sounds like something my dad comes out with when he's been babysitting and I come in, "HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING LEGO INDIANA WITH HIM ALL DAY?!?!?!?!?!?!"

I personally think that being out in the fresh air, getting exercise, is much more enjoyable and healthy and it helps your co-ordination and stimulates your senses and is free, so you could give that £200 for the 360 to charity? Each to their own.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Console games can be helpful with co-ordination etc but its about balance - my kids play the Wii and Playstation but only for limited amounts of time, i monitor them the same as i monitor how much tv they watch. They also have plenty of fresh air and exercise to balance it out

Its not healthy to be stuck on them for hours on end imo. I had a friend who used to sit her child in front of the tv nearly all day then wondered why he had problems with his speech etc and had to have therapy. Whats wrong with playing with them or reading a book together ?

Sorry off topic !
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:50 AM
OK, I've been scouring the dvla site again and I've found a brilliant one..nothing to do with dogs or initials etc., but an eyecatching one that is, in my opinion, quite tasteful.

I don't want to say too much as I'll be really disappointed if Clive says no this evening...I just tested the waters about it and he asked why I need a PP...I sometimes feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall as I thought he had come around to the idea

Anyway, if he says yes then I'll let you all know what it is as soon as we've bought it. If he says a definate no then I'll tell you all and maybe one of you guys will want it
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
OK, I've been scouring the dvla site again and I've found a brilliant one..nothing to do with dogs or initials etc., but an eyecatching one that is, in my opinion, quite tasteful.

I don't want to say too much as I'll be really disappointed if Clive says no this evening...I just tested the waters about it and he asked why I need a PP...I sometimes feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall as I thought he had come around to the idea

Anyway, if he says yes then I'll let you all know what it is as soon as we've bought it. If he says a definate no then I'll tell you all and maybe one of you guys will want it
That's the one things that really gets my back up, when my hubby asked that..

My answer is always...I dont need it...I want it
if we only bought what we needed the economy would go bust
Page 32 of 35 « First < 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 >