Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
No. I didn't say Personally, the majority I knew about, I said breeders in general.

If I was indeed talking personally about my own, please direct me to where I said that.
Well then i apologise as i read it that you were talking about your own dogs.
But then breeders in general, shouldnt they know where all their dogs have gone if it is felt so confidently that they dont add to the problem?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Ithink you'll find that introducing a law that severely restricted breeding activities would never be considered, besides, whose 'opinion' would be used to draft the law?
Becky
The publics and experts in breeding i would hope that have future dogs interests at heart with real facts.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
The public are the ones who buy silly named crosses at ridiculous prices then dump them when they don't fulfil their expectations!
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
i read it that you were talking about your own dogs.
I said the following :

It's a case of WHO produces the most Rescues/unwanted dogs. And this cannot be the responsibility of Ethical breeders who know the wherabouts of the majority of what they breed and don't breed nearly anywhere near as much as BYBs and PFs.
Where in that did I imply I was talking about MY pups ??

But then breeders in general, shouldnt they know where all their dogs have gone if it is felt so confidently that they dont add to the problem?
Of course, but is it their fault if pup owners move, change their contact details etc without letting them know ???

I suppose you would have ethical breeders hunt them down would you ??

Instead of picking on ethical breeders who try their hardest to look after their breed, why not email a few puppy farmers giving them the third degree !!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The public are the ones who buy silly named crosses at ridiculous prices then dump them when they don't fulfil their expectations!
Becky
You and i dont and we are the public, we live in a democracy and it should be us all that make the decision.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
we live in a democracy and it should be us all that make the decision.
Therefore giving puppy farmers the freedom to choose themselves as capable breeders
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Therefore giving puppy farmers the freedom to choose themselves as capable breeders
Unfortunatly at the moment yes, because there are no laws against them, but i want to see laws that monitor all puppy breeding and all other domesticated animals breeding for that matter.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I said the following :

Where in that did I imply I was talking about MY pups ??

Of course, but is it their fault if pup owners move, change their contact details etc without letting them know ???

I suppose you would have ethical breeders hunt them down would you ??

Instead of picking on ethical breeders who try their hardest to look after their breed, why not email a few puppy farmers giving them the third degree !!
I thought we had already clarified just a post ago that you were not talking about your pups and i apologised.

No it is not their fault, but then it cannot be said that ethical breeders do not contribute to the dog rescue problem, can it????

No i wouldnt have ethical breeders hunt them down..what would this acheive?

This is a debate and that is what we are doing...i thought!, i would be saying things to puppy farmers if they were on here, but they are not to my knowledge.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 05:24 PM
No it is not their fault, but then it cannot be said that ethical breeders do not contribute to the dog rescue problem, can it????
Nobody has said they don't.

The title of the thread is "who is responsible for producing the MOST" !!

The general consensus is that the Majority of dogs in rescues are down to PFs and BYBs as stated about 50 posts ago.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Unfortunatly at the moment yes, because there are no laws against them, but i want to see laws that monitor all puppy breeding and all other domesticated animals breeding for that matter.
And there in lies the problem, they will vote for a very wide law. Do you want to know why puppies can still be sold in Pet Shops? It's because of the Pet Trades own 'body' who says it will impact on their members.
If puppies could not be sold via a third party premises then Puppy Farming would be considerably diminished as many of them sell via outlets but the trade wont let that happen!
Becky
Page 30 of 42 « First < 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 > Last »