View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
faran
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Heidi because she is A German Shepherd and I love the book Heidi.
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Luchia, an Italian name for a native Italian breed. Also it means light, and she lights up our lives, that and we think it is a pretty name.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Well originally she was Freya... Then it was changed to Kia by her last owner and we've kept it the same. Didn't want to confuse her too much as she had already gone through so much in her short life. She's now 10 months and we've had her for 6 and I couldn't imagine her being called anything else!

Gotta love the Baby K!!!

S xoxox
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Maggie is named after my pal, she loves Boxers, but cannot have a dog...
KateR
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2010, 02:45 PM
My dogs were both born in France where we were living at the time and the law of registration says that the dog has to have a name beginning with the letter for that year , a bit like car registration My Lab was born in the Year of the letter T , so became Tess . My Jack Russell was born in the year X , not so easy, she became Xavena, which was a bit of a mouthful so we call her Lily
Bo's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi

Bo was called Brummel (after the 18th Century fop Beau Brummel) by the lady who has his mum. We didn't like Brummel so went for Beau and changed it to Bo.

Meg was Candy at the rescue centre which I hated so she is now Meg just because it's a good traditional BC name and easy for agility etc.

Clarita
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Sebastian the Dalmatian. We chose Sebastian after much discussion plus thought for our new puppy Dal to collect in 5 days time! We wanted a strong name for him yet elegant too as Dalmatians are strong and elegant. Also, Dalmatians like to run and loved watching Seb Coe( Lord Sebastian Coe) run when was a child. Our previous dog was called Zachariah/Zac- he was a black Labrador Collie cross. Sadly he passed into paradise on April 9th- our beloved 'brown eyes' yet he did reach a good age of 14 years and 3 months. Chose Zac for him as wanted a name that was strong yet not common. Like dog names that are not widely used- like something a little different.

Zac was also called wacky Zachy! He also had the nickname Chewy or Chewbacca, too! Zac was my choice as it was before met hubby. So pleased that hubby had the love of Zac for 5 full good years( the last 5 years of his life)!! When met hubby 5 years ago- one of the first questions asked him was did he like dogs- if he had of said no then would not have pursued the romantic feelings! Zac was part of the deal. Zac adored hubby from day one so knew he was kosher as Zac was a good judge of character.

We chose Sebastian as it sounds good shortened to Seb too.

Warm wishes, Clarita
Ladyjack
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
My two JRT's are Jack and Lady, both are rescues and these were their names so we kept them.

Glenice.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Parker because I am a detective story fan and he is named after "Chief Inspector Parker" from the D.L.Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey books. He had a lucky escape as he nearly got called Wimsey or Bunter but he is definitely a Parker as he is very nosy!

Chery-that is the name she came with called that I suppose as it rhymes "Cherry the Kerry".
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Thorgeir arrived shortly after Snorri-dog died and not long before Kali went : we decided to maintain the line of Norse names, so hunted the Sagas for another important Icelander. As it was on the casting vote of Thorgeir Ljosavetningagodi that Iceland adopted Christianity, we figured that might make him important enough So Thorgeir "Lightwaterpriest" he is. And no, we don't shout all that at him!

Snorri

PS - he decided after spending 24 hours hiding under a fur blanket
Page 30 of 46 « First < 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 > Last »